Peeps with adderall scripts... Need help figuring how it works.

so I got a adderall script for my ADD.  my peeps recommended I go to a doc because they said I was a kinda off-the-wall type dude.
one of my friends once said I'm one redbull away from flying to the moon.. whatever that means.

anyway, so my doc prescribed me 10mg IR to start and said he'll bump it up to 15mg IR if 10mg isn't as effective.....
so I take it for the first time, trying to study for finals a few weeks ago, couldn't focus much and I ended up looking up ludacris lyrics for 5 hours...
finals didn't go so well for me so I need to know what am I doing wrong?  isn't this thing suppose to force me to study?
should I tell my doc I prolly need like 30mg IR instead of 10mg?

real life...

laugh.gif
you should get 20mg...
and i bet the 10 mg even worked... they dont help you study they help you focus on something...

you lost track of what you were doing hence the luda lyrics... you gotta make sure to stay on task...

i popped nothing but 20 mg... the first couple of times it felt like i was gunna catch a roll offa pill...

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

so I got a adderall script for my ADD.  my peeps recommended I go to a doc because they said I was a kinda off-the-wall type dude.
one of my friends once said I'm one redbull away from flying to the moon.. whatever that means.

anyway, so my doc prescribed me 10mg IR to start and said he'll bump it up to 15mg IR if 10mg isn't as effective.....
so I take it for the first time, trying to study for finals a few weeks ago, couldn't focus much and I ended up looking up ludacris lyrics for 5 hours...
finals didn't go so well for me so I need to know what am I doing wrong?  isn't this thing suppose to force me to study?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, you might have to bump up the dosage. 10mg is too little to have a big effect.

luda lyrics....so you can clear something up for me? i said the splash waterfalls song is of sexual nature, but my neighbor thinks it is about a ride at wet 'n wild. who's right?

It's not going to force you to study. It's going to make you focus on whatever you decide to do. Decide to study and you will be focused on studying. Decide to look up Luda lyrics and you will be focused on Luda lyrics.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The first thing you did wrong was to believe that there was something wrong with you.
You're perfectly fine, don't let society tell you otherwise. You stay bouncing of the wall because you have a need and a creative output that isn't being met or fulfilled by those standard avenues which most people find themselves boxed into.

My advice would be to seriously get of that ADD medication, as it will do you more harm than good. After the fact, really consider what YOU want to do and pursue in life. This will undoubtedly be the biggest challenge of your life, but if you invest a serious effort, you'll be on the path to personal greatness.

ADD is a fictional disease that was created, ultimately, for the enrichment of pharmaceutical companies and their backers. It's a "disease" of the modern age.

Good luck finding Adderall at retail pharmacies. There's apparently a shortage of supply for a while now. At least in Texas.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

The first thing you did wrong was to believe that there was something wrong with you.
You're perfectly fine, don't let society tell you otherwise. You stay bouncing of the wall because you have a need and a creative output that isn't being met or fulfilled by those standard avenues which most people find themselves boxed into.

My advice would be to seriously get of that ADD medication, as it will do you more harm than good. After the fact, really consider what YOU want to do and pursue in life. This will undoubtedly be the biggest challenge of your life, but if you invest a serious effort, you'll be on the path to personal greatness.

ADD is a fictional disease that was created, ultimately, for the enrichment of pharmaceutical companies and their backers. It's a "disease" of the modern age.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My advice would be to seriously get off that ADD medication, as it will do you more harm than good. After the fact, really consider what YOU want to do and pursue in life. This will undoubtedly be the biggest challenge of your life, but if you invest a serious effort, you'll be on the path to personal greatness.

i've read this somewhere before.  i don't know why, but i believe it.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Homie did you go to your regular doctor or a Psychiatrist ? Just wondering

both.  I recommend your local street doc tho.  scripts take a long time to get... might as well hit up craigslist nah mean?
don't get caught tho.. its a schedule II substance.. meaning prepare your angus if caught by feds.

How old are you bro?  What do you do for a living?
People's perception of me (I think) is that i'm a pretty smart dude for my age.  Just kidding.. all my peeps think I'm ******ed.  I like to laff tho.
Btw, I've been poor all my life... I don't really care about money or material things.  All I want is to be happy and have good positive people around me. 
This med is suppose to help me study since I need to pass high school... I can't fail the 9th grade again.  I will be happy once I pass high school.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I'm still
roll.gif
at the part where OP says he looked up Luda lyrics for 5 hours.

GUTTA whats up!

I listen to music when studying.  heard '%+%! in my room' and just died laffing... haven't heard that song in a minute.

I've experimented with many drugs/substances Adderall is up there on my list of things I hated. I don't know how people can use that regularly, then again I smoke marijuana and some people don't understand that.

I actually got a few pills of vyvanse (50 & 60 mg) for exams in 2 weeks. I have yet to ever take any ADHD meds so Im not too sure how it will actually affect me while trying to study, take exams. Thread is informative though

I've been realizing that there are a lot Of young people on niketalk. I am too. I'm a junior in HS. FEELS GOOD MAN.
pimp.gif

This is bull $!%@
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I been diagnosed with ADD and my treatment is to try new study habits 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 even if these study habits work, I never get around to the studying part. Just end up wikipediaing or youtubing random basketball info for hours upon hours  
laugh.gif

Adderrall is the worst. I took it in law school and would never mess with it again.

It's really just a legal version of cocaine/crack.

Totally kills your appetite, makes you jittery as all hell, will start breaking down your body since you're not feeding it. Basically makes you feel like a crackhead.

To me it's much better to just deal with the problem without it. Eliminate all distractions, deny yourself internet access, etc. If you can't do that then just say F it and do something that doesn't require focus. Honestly Adderrall dependency is worse than whatever problem caused you to seek the drug.

Originally Posted by megatron

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This is bull $!%@
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I been diagnosed with ADD and my treatment is to try new study habits 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 even if these study habits work, I never get around to the studying part. Just end up wikipediaing or youtubing random basketball info for hours upon hours  
laugh.gif

How did you solve this problem?  I just got back to school and this weekend Imma study my butt off hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom