People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

This. A lot of people are acting as if him stopping the show would have immediately solved the issue.

You’ve got a festival full of young folks that are rushing the stage, that have already rushed VIP, and the expectation is that turning off the music would calm everyone down? It really might have made it even worse.

I guess it’s worth stopping the show and making things worse if someone attempts to steal his shoe or a cameraman threatens his ability to perform his “art”?

He could’ve used his microphone and influence on the crowd to alleviate the situation but he chose not to.

Not exactly a good look here either.

I guess it’s worth stopping the show and making things worse if someone attempts to steal his shoe or a cameraman threatens his ability to perform his “art”?

He could’ve used his microphone and influence on the crowd to alleviate the situation but he chose not to.

It doesn’t appear that people were rushing the stage, or an ambulance was trying to get through the crowd, in either of those situations. In the situation with the cameraman, it doesn’t seem like the show even started.

Have you ever been to an event/festival and the music stopped abruptly? As packed as that event was, with all of the rushing, do you honestly think it would have made the situation better?

He seemed to pause a few times, and point for people to get help. I just think it’s unrealistic for him to know the gravity of the situation from his vantage point. I also don’t know if ending the show would have resulted in a different outcome—even if he did know the gravity of it.

The failures seem to be with the barricades and crowd control. They mentioned they’ve had this issue and doubled security as a result. It seems they needed more. But there is only so much you can do when festival goers decide they won’t abide by the rules. This is a consistent problem at large festivals and there are a lot of deaths and overdoses at large music festivals yearly.

The people who were breaking down the barriers there were trying to get merch. Also you don’t even have cell service at events like this. So everyone who was there for a pass or stash could’ve just spoofed their location.
There was definitely the allusion of a shoe release happening there
Nike has done plenty of hide and go seek shoe releases in the past

There was definitely the allusion of a shoe release happening there
Nike has done plenty of hide and go seek shoe releases in the past

People who buy shoes don’t do drugs or alcohol? You sound silly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alcohol and drugs are prevalent regardless. At all big events and venues. Mix that in with unstable people and bingo.

Shoe releases bring out the savages and barbarians. It’s always been that way

Why did you put “art” in quotations? :lol:

I blame Nike for doing a shoe release there
People were breaking through barriers earlier in the day and I'm sure that was because they were trying to get the shoes

That shoe release brought out a different crowd and that crowd wasn't ready for a super intense drugged out rage concert
Since when do sneakerheads not listen to rap music or do drugs?

taylor Swift got some nikes coming out?

The first metaverse concert was that Travis Scott one in Fortnite. They coming. This probs was business
Wow. From April of last year.
myscreen_1636381010018.jpg

People who buy shoes don’t do drugs or alcohol? You sound silly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alcohol and drugs are prevalent regardless. At all big events and venues. Mix that in with unstable people and bingo.

Shoe releases bring out the savages and barbarians. It’s always been that way
Since when do sneakerheads not listen to rap music or do drugs?

taylor Swift got some nikes coming out?
When did I post something about people that wear Nikes dont do drugs or dont listen to rap music?

When did I post something about people that wear Nikes dont do drugs or dont listen to rap music?

“That shoe release brought out a different crowd and that crowd wasn't ready for a super intense drugged out rage concert”

This is what you said. Basically trying to distinguish the “sneaker” crowd, from the festival goers. When they’re both one in the same :lol: :lol: :lol:

People have been stampeding and killing for shoes since the 90s.

This event was just an UNFORTUNATE situation. It happens more than people realize. A crowd full of human beings packed into any setting, it’s high probability of this occurring

Truly, the only people to blame are the concert goers, parents(who let there 10 year old son go to a music festival?!? How out of touch are you??) and HISD(Houston Independent School District). They are literally farming ignorance.

Any person under 18 should have attended the concert with a parent or guardian. I’ve heard his concerts are all about rebellion. It should have gotten shutdown when the gate got rushed. When you buy a ticket, you agree to the all the terms and conditions.

“That shoe release brought out a different crowd and that crowd wasn't ready for a super intense drugged out rage concert”

This is what you said. Basically trying to distinguish the “sneaker” crowd, from the festival goers. When they’re both one in the same :lol: :lol: :lol:

People have been stampeding and killing for shoes since the 90s.

This event was just an UNFORTUNATE situation. It happens more than people realize. A crowd full of human beings packed into any setting, it’s high probability of this occurring
I think you're using selective reading comprehension

I agree its an unfortunate situation but if I'm going to place blame I'm going to place blame on the multi billion dollar corporation that was the hype machine for the event.

So in your opinion teenagers skipping school or hanging out with mom and dad are ready to push, shove, and stampede with high and drunk grown men?

I think you're using selective reading comprehension

I agree its an unfortunate situation but if I'm going to place blame I'm going to place blame on the multi billion dollar corporation that was the hype machine for the event.

So in your opinion teenagers skipping school or hanging out with mom and dad are ready to push, shove, and stampede with high and drunk grown men?
Speaking of selective thinking. You realize Nike isn’t the only one behind this event. If they were even involved with the festival at all. Live Nation is the company behind the actual event. The shoes were just something extra. These people were killed stampeding at the the concert to get in the front row…not for no sneakers fam. I understand this NT, but damn.

Back
Top Bottom