People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

Came in here to say I almost passed out at a currensy concert once :lol:
It was at this tiny *** club here in Boston. Like 11 foot high ceilings, moisture dripping off the ceilings type place
But they passed around water bottles and I was good
I was definitely feeling like my avy at one point tho

I def almost passed out at a Spitta/Wiz show cuzza all the smoke 😂

Travis fan base full of weirdo dudes that are in love with him. Pass

RIP
Once I saw people stealing Big Mac posters, buying Mickey D’s shirts and the Fortnite thing I knew he was attracting a different demographic. Enjoy the music but his and Tyler’s shows are filled with HS and college kids that think they’re edgy and rebellious. Carti, Uzi and Trippie too.

Last edited:
I was at EDCLV 2 weeks ago, which holds about 150-200k/night compared to Astroworld which is about 50k/night, and there were 0 deaths. None in the past 3 years from my understanding. It was a great time, decently managed.PLUR crowd & 18+ of course.

Astroworld organizers clearly failed. Tons of people with out tickets rushing into the festival and overcrowding it. Rowdy crowd and kids that don’t give no damn about no one else. Heard only 2 water stations. Staff overwhelmed. Recipe for disaster. Under 18 festival are always a mess in general, combined with the type of show Travis puts on, I always felt like this type of thing was only a matter of time.
Different energies for sure

Nah.

We gotta stop blaming "social media" for everything.

Its the strawman.

People are ****ed up because our world is ****ed up.
Most of these kids only went so they can post on social media to flex to their peers for likes and "hey I was here"

Most of these "fans" don't even know why they like dude except that he's the new "IT" thing and trending.

Nike, McDonald's, SONY etc saw this and capitalized on it for financial gain

Son is basically getting propped up and pimped out to the youth so others can profit

Last edited:
I was at EDCLV 2 weeks ago, which holds about 150-200k/night compared to Astroworld which is about 50k/night, and there were 0 deaths. None in the past 3 years from my understanding. It was a great time, decently managed.PLUR crowd & 18+ of course.

Astroworld organizers clearly failed. Tons of people with out tickets rushing into the festival and overcrowding it. Rowdy crowd and kids that don’t give no damn about no one else. Heard only 2 water stations. Staff overwhelmed. Recipe for disaster. Under 18 festival are always a mess in general, combined with the type of show Travis puts on, I always felt like this type of thing was only a matter of time.
Insomniac is an event company that’s been around and have organized their festivals for decades.

Astroworld Fest was started by Trav 3 years ago so right off the bat, you can already see the level of experience between the two.

Am the only one who never liked concerts? At least the modern day version of them?

Even before COVID, a bunch of people, tight spaces they’re gunna be getting all kinds of secretions on you, stepping on your shoes, terrible traffic, bad parking..and then the music doesn’t sound the same.

I don’t see no positive.

I never cared for festivals. I always liked mid size venues. The biggest concerts I’ve attended have been in Central Park and Prospect Park. But I don’t like the idea of multiple stages, different lineups. I like one stage and a reasonable amount of performers. However, I always felt that the local park from me, Flushing Meadows, was ideal for festivals. They started doing festivals out here starting with EDC, Meadows, Rolling Loud, Governors Ball but they chose to do it in the Citi Field parking lot instead of the actual park. Which actually makes more sense because it’s easier to control the crowds that way.

I recall seeing a dude pass out repeatedly at a show about 10 years ago. The venue was actually cool temperature wise but this dude was sweating like crazy. Then all of a sudden he dropped straight to the ground. He got up, dropped again. Got up, dropped, got up, dropped. The artists on stage (Blue Scholars) paused their show and called for security to help the dude out. They practically picked him up out of there. I myself never felt anything like that except one time I went to an Immorta Technique show and I suddenly felt woozy. I was by the front so I put my hand on the rail, paused for a couple of minutes and fortunately snapped out of it.

If they used narcan they prob assumed it was an opioid/narcotic (heroin). And it sounds like it helped, so safe assumption.

:smh:
IMG_20211106_150542.jpg

First RIP to everybody who passed.

I assumed the injecting people was just his team trying to get all the hear off them but fam that is ****in INSANE .

this is legit an episode of law and order

And that’s what’s pissing me off with these comments on other platforms
Like people do faint and pass out at shows but the performance stops period

that’s not even the issue
The issue is that folks felt the need to get in close proximity to a celebrity that they would trample another human being just to do it
The **** is just weird

Oh for sure. Used to, if I could make my way down front at a GA show I would, but if sht got too hot down there, I was out. I remember one show there were two small-ish girls in front of me, and when that surge happened, I spent all my strength and energy trying to keep them from getting knocked over. Security was literally pushing me in the chest to get back, and I was basically helpless because I had my arms around them. Complete strangers to me, but I wasn't about to let them get hurt because they were lucky enough to get down front. The second that first song was done and things calmed down a bit, a grabbed them and got us TF outta there. Don't understand how anyone could just trample another human being and think nothing of it.

Back
Top Bottom