Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by CP1708

I mean, it was 10-0 goin to the second quarter, it was 31-7 from that point on.  Not like Peyton was doin anything or anything like that.  Don't we clown Brett for all his playoff failures?  Why does Peyton get excluded from any blame? 
nerd.gif

Technically speaking to win a superbowl is a team effort. We are talking about the best QB of all time as an indivudal. The MVP represents that better as to how good you are as a player. Manning has 4 and there's nothing stopping him from getting at least 2 more.

Even then he's won a superbowl.

I mean, it was 10-0 goin to the second quarter, it was 31-7 from that point on.  Not like Peyton was doin anything or anything like that.  Don't we clown Brett for all his playoff failures?  Why does Peyton get excluded from any blame? 
isnt he getting blamed right now

or atleast i am
laugh.gif

All of a sudden it's a team effort to win a super bowl, but if Peyton wins this game, BET Peyton people would be going APE all over the internet right now. 

But now it's a "team" effort needed.  
laugh.gif

1. He is the GOAT regular season QB.  Nothing else should be crowned just yet...

2. Reggie Wayne is taking too much blame.  Yes, dude dropped the ball (pun intended?), but don't try to sit here and act like it's ALL on him.  Like CP said, Peyton was asking to get picked off eventually.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by youngmoney

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Favre
4. Manning
5. Brady/Marino

as of right now...so peyton will only go up

/thread

I just dont see Favre or Elway being better.
Favre has the stats i guess but thats just 29 years of playing football. Manning has his Ring too, and and extra MVP.
Manning will most likely beat out all those stats.

Elway has one ring and one MVP, Manning has one and four. Manning already has surpasses him in every important QB statistical category.
yo dude elway has 2, back to back. and 3 other appearances.
*%$%, yea you're right, although i still think its not enough. When we are talking about an individual player i dont see Superbowl wins meaning everything. Obviously it means a good portion though. I just dont think you can base a persons whole career, and compare it to others by how many Superbowls they've won.

For exmaple, Trent Dilfers ring count is one, Mannings is also one.
Manning > Dilfer x12345678910

Brady and Montana are in a class of their own. Sorry Manning stans you guys have no argument

You act like no one is blaming Peyton. Dude is getting criticized like no tomorrow.

All of a sudden it's a team effort to win a super bowl, but if Peyton wins this game, BET Peyton people would be going APE all over the internet right now. 

laugh.gif

I have always claimed that football is a team sport.  Which is why rings isnt ALWAYS the best way of proving who is the best.  Peyton Manning blew it today.  But win or lose today, Peyton Manning plays the position of quarterback at a higher level than any other QB in NFL history.  

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

I have always claimed that football is a team sport.  Which is why rings isnt ALWAYS the best way of proving who is the best.  Peyton Manning blew it today.  But win or lose today, Peyton Manning plays the position of quarterback at a higher level than any other QB in NFL history.  
THIS

laugh.gif

I'm sorry but a "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" doesn't choke in the SB so that argument is invalid. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

laugh.gif

I'm sorry but a "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" doesn't choke in the SB so that argument is invalid. 
But does he get benched
happy.gif

A QB that "plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" does it in every situation, including playoffs.

Peyton Manning's legacy is still being wrote, far from complete right now...so arguing about it now is kinda pointless (and they'll never be a consensus GOAT at the QB position anyway, far too many variables that go into it).

Manning didnt make enough plays down the stretch to win, he'll be the first to tell you that.

just for the record tho, for those tryna paint a picture like dude doesnt even deserve to have his name mentioned with the greats anymore.... the Saints ARE the more talented team all-around. Before the season started, most "experts" picked the Colts not to make the playoffs if you remember. He came into this year w/ a new head coach, damn near new WR staff, etc. This was really Manning's best year, a testament to his greatness more than any other, just in case yall forgot. Those lines get completely blurred because of Peyton has been consistently great over the years at a level that only he's approached.

this superbowl lost doesnt take anything away from peyton manning

he will win atleast 1 more mvp and hopefully another ring before he retires and he is only getting better with age.

tom brady's career is basically over, hes on the decline and I don't see him getting anywhere near his original form.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

this superbowl lost doesnt take anything away from peyton manning

he will win atleast 1 more mvp and hopefully another ring before he retires and he is only getting better with age.

tom brady's career is basically over, hes on the decline and I don't see him getting anywhere near his original form.

Him choking in the SB does take something away from him being considered the GOAT..

laugh.gif

Youre going to have to explain that one because I dont see how thats invalid.

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif

It's invalid because you can't consider a player who choked on football's biggest stage the GOAT. 

Did I say he was the GOAT?  

laugh.gif

It's invalid because you can't consider a player who choked on football's biggest stage the GOAT. 

A QB that "plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" does it in every situation, including playoffs.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

word. coming off major knee surgery he had an off year with 4400 yards, 28 tds, and a 96.2 rating. he's definitely done
grin.gif

laugh.gif

OK well what about "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history"?  You said that something was invalid, so I asked you to explain why that was the case and you talked about something different.

Back
Top Bottom