Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by CP1708

All of a sudden it's a team effort to win a super bowl, but if Peyton wins this game, BET Peyton people would be going APE all over the internet right now. 

But now it's a "team" effort needed.  
laugh.gif

I have always claimed that football is a team sport.  Which is why rings isnt ALWAYS the best way of proving who is the best.  Peyton Manning blew it today.  But win or lose today, Peyton Manning plays the position of quarterback at a higher level than any other QB in NFL history.  
I'm sorry but a "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" doesn't choke in the SB so that argument is invalid. 
Youre going to have to explain that one because I dont see how thats invalid.

It's invalid because you can't consider a player who choked on football's biggest stage the GOAT. 

OK well what about "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history"?  You said that something was invalid, so I asked you to explain why that was the case and you talked about something different.

Basically.  Never once did I write down that he was the GOAT.

All of a sudden it's a team effort to win a super bowl, but if Peyton wins this game, BET Peyton people would be going APE all over the internet right now. 

laugh.gif

I have always claimed that football is a team sport.  Which is why rings isnt ALWAYS the best way of proving who is the best.  Peyton Manning blew it today.  But win or lose today, Peyton Manning plays the position of quarterback at a higher level than any other QB in NFL history.  
I'm sorry but a "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history" doesn't choke in the SB so that argument is invalid. 

It's invalid because you can't consider a player who choked on football's biggest stage the GOAT. 
A lot of things went wrong for the Colts, but to say Manning's legacy is going to be tarnished because of the SB loss is silly.  Every elite QB has had their ups and downs...it happens.  Doesn't matter if it's taken place in the SB or in the playoffs along the way.  Is Tom Brady any less of a QB because his team lost a SB where they were heavily favored?  Is Jerry Rice any less of a WR cause he and the Raiders came up short a few years back?  Peyton Manning is in the discussion as far as being the best QB of all time REGARDLESS of the outcome of this game.  He didn't lose it.  Garcon came up short and Reggie Wayne had a stinker....all in all, you just can't hang this soley on Manning. 

laugh.gif

OK well what about "QB that plays the position at a higher level than any other QB in history"?  You said that something was invalid, so I asked you to explain why that was the case and you talked about something different.
indifferent.gif
 I already did...How does choking in the SB equal "playing the position at a higher level than any other QB in history"? It doesn't, which is why he can't be considered the GOAT. 

Niketalker, no its not (you edited your quote). Judging from your avy/sig, Im assuming you're thinking Joe. I would have the same answer. But there is PLENTY who make a valid argument for Elway, as well as Marino, not to mention those who use the fact that Montana got the opportunity to play in what's probably the most influential offensive system of the past 35 years, as well as playing alongside the the most dominant player of his era, against him. Who's to say if you dont swap Elway or Marino with Montana, they dont duplicate his success? Not to mention the different eras that are impossible to compare. Again, too many variables.

and Im done for the day...

wow ... this is what i come home too ...
smh.gif
... so garcon dropping the pass on 3rd down when the colts were rolling ... or the colts not being able to get the 3rd and 1 b4 the half which allowed the saints to get a fg ... or caldwell being an idiot for not having the team ready for an onsides kick ... or hank baskett being a bum and not recovering the onsides kick, and the 51 yd field goal or reggie slipping on his cut for that 3rd and down pass that was intercepted ...

so yeh the potentially one day goat failed ... he single handedly loss the game ... he also dropped that 4th down and goal pass to reggie wayne at the end of the game too ...

congrats to saints ... sean payton won the game ... he actually coached

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

A lot of things went wrong for the Colts, but to say Manning's legacy is going to be tarnished because of the SB loss is silly.  Every elite QB has had their ups and downs...it happens.  Doesn't matter if it's taken place in the SB or in the playoffs along the way.  Is Tom Brady any less of a QB because his team lost a SB where they were heavily favored?  Is Jerry Rice any less of a WR cause he and the Raiders came up short a few years back?  Peyton Manning is in the discussion as far as being the best QB of all time REGARDLESS of the outcome of this game.  He didn't lose it.  Garcon came up short and Reggie Wayne had a stinker....all in all, you just can't hang this soley on Manning. 

pimp.gif

And my GOAT QB is 2-3 in Super Bowls... so I won't even get into that...

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 I already did...How does choking in the SB equal "playing the position at a higher level than any other QB in history"? It doesn't, which is why he can't be considered the GOAT. 
You dont know what youre saying. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

And my GOAT QB is 2-3 in Super Bowls... so I won't even get into that...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Montana is the GOAT. 

Joe Cool wouldn't choke in a Super Bowl period. I hate Peyton Manning stans with a passion. I for one am glad all of you are eating crow after your savior choked today. Manning is definitely one of the all time greats, but 9-9 in the playoffs is not G.0.A.T material. To the clown who said Brady's career is over, gtfohwtbs.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

congrats to saints ... sean payton won the game ... he actually coached
caldwell hasn't coached a game the entire season. dude just stands on the sideline with a blank stare and jazz music blasting through his headphones. i've never seen him say a word during a game
laugh.gif

Eh, I think he still has enough years to prove whether or not he is THE goat, either way, he's in the conversation.

Of course, I'd like to see him as the goat when it's all said and done, but that's how things work out in sports sometimes, word to Nadal spanking Federer in the FO a couple of times.
mad.gif
frown.gif

It all depends on how you define greatness...some people gauge it by rings...but hey Marino never ever got one....Manning is automatic all season long but they have come up short a lot of times before in the big games.

While I don't think it drastically affects his career I do think he lost the game. Not in a choking manner.

ESPN .... breaking down the INT ... THEY'RE BLAMING REGGIE .... but no one sees that ... its on manning ... it is what it is .... CHRIS CARTER IS KILLING REGGIE ... but what do i know i'm just a big peyton manning fan and a homer ... HE CHOKED IN THE BIGGEST MOMENT ...

let's be serious .... dude played well and has been playing well in the playoffs the past few years unlike the first half of his career WHERE HE DID CHOKE ...

ESPN .... breaking down the INT ... THEY'RE BLAMING REGGIE .... but no one sees that ... its on manning ... it is what it is .... CHRIS CARTER IS KILLING REGGIE ... but what do i know i'm just a big peyton manning fan and a homer ... HE CHOKED IN THE BIGGEST MOMENT ...
haha dude this board ALWAYS criticizes ESPN for defending the league's stars. why are we going to now give them credibility.

when i watch the replay, reggie makes his break and turns his head, and porter is already jumping the route. the ball was thrown too quick for reggie to adjust imo. now part of the reason porter picked it off was that the colts run that play so damn much, any CB worth his jock sweat would have jumped the route had they watched film. however, the blame for that INT is mostly on manning. as a qb...you throw the ball where only your guy can get it. earlier in the half when he threw that beautiful corner route to clark, that was textbook manning imo. perfect accuracy. but that pick was on him. it was not thrown perfectly.

let's be serious .... dude played well and has been playing well in the playoffs the past few years unlike the first half of his career WHERE HE DID CHOKE ...

Peyton is washed .............

Man all the great quarterbacks have failed in big games.

Montana ( 86 NFC Championship game vs the Giants)
Brady ( 06 AFC Championship game vs Colts,SB 42 vs the Giants)
Elway( All 3 of his Super Bowls before he won it)
Favre( 07 NFC Championship game etc)
Marino( SB 19 vs the 49ers etc)
Moon( 92 AFC Championship Game vs the Bills)
Aikman( 94 NFC Championship game vs 49ers)
Young ( 92,93 NFC Championship games)

It happens get over it.....He's still one of greatest of all time.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Man all the great quarterbacks have failed in big games.

Montana ( 86 NFC Championship game vs the Giants)
Brady ( 06 AFC Championship game vs Colts,SB 42 vs the Giants)
Elway( All 3 of his Super Bowls before he won it)
Favre( 07 NFC Championship game etc)
Marino( SB 19 vs the 49ers etc)
Moon( 92 AFC Championship Game vs the Bills)
Aikman( 94 NFC Championship game vs 49ers)
Young ( 92,93 NFC Championship games)

It happens get over it.....He's still one of greatest of all time.
absolutely

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

haha dude this board ALWAYS criticizes ESPN for defending the league's stars. why are we going to now give them credibility.

when i watch the replay, reggie makes his break and turns his head, and porter is already jumping the route. the ball was thrown too quick for reggie to adjust imo. now part of the reason porter picked it off was that the colts run that play so damn much, any CB worth his jock sweat would have jumped the route had they watched film. however, the blame for that INT is mostly on manning. as a qb...you throw the ball where only your guy can get it. earlier in the half when he threw that beautiful corner route to clark, that was textbook manning imo. perfect accuracy. but that pick was on him. it was not thrown perfectly.
ok i can understand your argument ... 
it is what it is ... its 1-1 now for my dude ... i can't argue ... 

can you really consider that a choke job though ... it is NT though so i'll just take the L ... and disappear until next season ... 

i had about 5 threads ready to bump / be created about Peyton ...
smh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif

please can one of you guys please explain how he choked this game away. And i mean rational not internet crap. Look that int is on wayne and peyton. Wayne is supposed to jump that route even the great chris carter said that and hes a wr. Im sorry peyton let the saints recover the onside kick. Peyton let brees and there offense to do w.e the heck the wanted to. Yeah peyton choke ths game away. Haters

peyton's gonna get a lot of hate for this.

he's one of the best, not goat

That pick 6 was coming and yall knew it...the Saints get turnovers...it was bound to happen.

Get out of here with all that GOAT nonsense. Peyton Manning is a flat out LOSER. I don't care how many rings you win! You lose any championship and you are a loser and you could NEVER be the GOAT!!

I've been laughing at all this "GOAT" media hype for 2 weeks. Peyton has still yet to really deliver in the playoffs...he rode the wave of the defense to ring a few years ago. Peyton still has a lot to prove to even crack my top 5 QBs of all time.

Back
Top Bottom