Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

indifferent.gif
 Idiots.
Lettin' initial emotions dicate the status of an all-time great to the point where "loser" and "pick 6 bound to happen" like it were Favre is all non sense. NT stays the home of hypebeast/hypebeast haters. Totally irrational. 

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

I've been laughing at all this "GOAT" media hype for 2 weeks. Peyton has still yet to really deliver in the playoffs...he rode the wave of the defense to ring a few years ago. Peyton still has a lot to prove to even crack my top 5 QBs of all time.
Please..majority of teams that win the superbowl had pretty damn good defenses.  You think Brady won all those 3 rings because of him?  You think Ben won 2 of his because hes such a great QB?  This isn't college football where you can straight up outscore the other team.  You need a good defense to win championships.  He may not be in your top 5 best QB's, but what he does on the field is something else.  You probably won't ever see another QB with his knowledge of football in your lifetime.

Peyton needs another Victory and not another failure of this magnitutide for him to Enter GOAT talks

Tom Brady had the best regular Season any QB could have,

Peyton Manning is Probably the best Regular Season QB ever

Tom Brady one of the best Postseason QB in this past 15-25 years

Brady has probably choked in the playoffs more times than Manning. Brady is a glorified system qb. Look at Cassel's numbers and subsequent performance in KC.

Manning will cement his legacy as the GOAT in the next 3 years, imo.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

9-9 career playoff record as the GOAT?

Nah.
Quite frankly a dumb opinion. 22 guys on the field and Manning has had bums on the defensive side for his entire career.

laugh.gif
and
smh.gif
@ this thread ...

that loss was a huge stain on his legacy ... now i try to guess what vikes fans feel like ...

i mean the colts score 7 pts from the 2nd -4th qrtr ... sounds like a choke job until u realize the drop by garcon ... but peyton gotta catch the ball 2 ... then the saints milk the clock and turn it over on down ... colts have 3rd and 1 ... its a running situation ... but yeh peyton runs and blocks too ... then they are supposed to get the ball to start the half but its an onsides kick ... oh yeh ... peyton plays special teams ... then he gets the ball and he goes down and score ... then the saints score again ... and then they miss a fg ... b/c on 2nd and 12 the colts have HUGE PLAY LINED UP FOR COLLIE AND HE RUNS OUTSIDE WHEN HE HAD 3 BLOCKERS COMING TO HELP INSTEAD OF CUTTING INSIDE ... so so far this is all on peyton manning though ...

yall need to try to be objective ... then he makes the pass which is debatable ... on the play you throw the ball to a spot ... and his man got beat ... blame reggie / blame peyton ... but great ones benefit from solid team play ... and then for extra salt on the wound ... reggie drops the td on 4th and goal

just disgusting ... @ the end of the game the colts still had a chance but the ones acting like peyton choked is a joke

and let this thread go until the man's career is done ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

ESPN .... breaking down the INT ... THEY'RE BLAMING REGGIE .... but no one sees that ... its on manning ... it is what it is .... CHRIS CARTER IS KILLING REGGIE ... but what do i know i'm just a big peyton manning fan and a homer ... HE CHOKED IN THE BIGGEST MOMENT ...
haha dude this board ALWAYS criticizes ESPN for defending the league's stars. why are we going to now give them credibility.

when i watch the replay, reggie makes his break and turns his head, and porter is already jumping the route. the ball was thrown too quick for reggie to adjust imo. now part of the reason porter picked it off was that the colts run that play so damn much, any CB worth his jock sweat would have jumped the route had they watched film. however, the blame for that INT is mostly on manning. as a qb...you throw the ball where only your guy can get it. earlier in the half when he threw that beautiful corner route to clark, that was textbook manning imo. perfect accuracy. but that pick was on him. it was not thrown perfectly.
ok i can understand your argument ... 
it is what it is ... its 1-1 now for my dude ... i can't argue ... 

can you really consider that a choke job though ... it is NT though so i'll just take the L ... and disappear until next season ... 

i had about 5 threads ready to bump / be created about Peyton ...
smh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
i wouldn't say choke job. is he maybe not as clutch? i think that's fair to say. all manning digs aside, it is a team sport. you can't pin a loss on one play. but even tho you win and lose as a team, QBs generally take credit for wins and losses in a lot of people's eyes.
i think a lot of people call it a choke job because that's the play that sticks out. superbowl 42, the tyree catch. superbowl 43, the plax catch. superbowl 44, the manning INT returned for a TD. people won't remember the drops by garcon or wayne, they're going to remember one thing, and it's manning getting pick 6'd. right or wrong, it's what will be remembered.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Peyton could be system QB too, but he'll never be injured.

What about those 2 regular season games where the Colts were just awful this season?

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Peyton could be system QB too, but he'll never be injured.

What about those 2 regular season games where the Colts were just awful this season?
The entire Colts starters did not play.. Not just Peyton Manning.

It comforts me to know that Brady has more rings then both of the Manning brothers combined.

Great post season QB > Great regular season QB

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Get out of here with all that GOAT nonsense. Peyton Manning is a flat out LOSER. I don't care how many rings you win! You lose any championship and you are a loser and you could NEVER be the GOAT!!

Damn... So John Elways a loser to huh? Crazy.

Brady has probably choked in the playoffs more times than Manning. Brady is a glorified system qb. Look at Cassel's numbers and subsequent performance in KC.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, do everyone a favor here and never share your thoughts on football again.....ever.

One of the best but not the best..... He's top in reading defensive schemes and changing plays on the fly.... Too bad he didn't see oh boy spying last nite....

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, do everyone a favor here and never share your thoughts on football again.....ever.

Haha idiots. I have more of a football background than all of you. Act like Brady played well against the Giants, against the Ravens, Broncos, Colts. He has a resume of choking. Look it up.

And prove me wrong. Look at Cassel's numbers in NE and KC. Night and day.

you're really comparing brady w/ cassel?
laugh.gif
......and brady didnt choke the game against the giants...def dropped a pick and that lucky *$* catch won the giants that game

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

indifferent.gif
 Idiots.
Lettin' initial emotions dicate the status of an all-time great to the point where "loser" and "pick 6 bound to happen" like it were Favre is all non sense. NT stays the home of hypebeast/hypebeast haters. Totally irrational. 

Initial emotions?????

It's been OVER A DECADE of playoff failure.  That ain't initial anything man.  That's stone cold facts.  Brees in one game has equaled what this supposed greatest of all time has.  Trent Dilfer got the same titles that Peyton, aka, GOAT, has.  Initial my @#$, dudes stay makin excuses for the guy and we're callin em out for it. 
grin.gif

Haha idiots. I have more of a football background than all of you. Act like Brady played well against the Giants, against the Ravens, Broncos, Colts. He has a resume of choking. Look it up.

And prove me wrong. Look at Cassel's numbers in NE and KC. Night and day.
Act like Peyton was great against Tennessee, Miami, that 41-0 sparkler against the Jets, against NE, NE again, Pitt, SD TWICE, and then the Saints. 

How many is that? 

And how many Brady losses did you name?  4? 

Weird, they both have played in 18 playoff games.  Brady won 14, Peyton 9.  Brady 3 super bowls outta 4, Peyton 1 outta 2. 

Brady = resume of choking, then what does Manning =? 
nerd.gif
roll.gif

They both do. To act like Brady is better in bigger games is just an out and out fallacy. Patriots had top 5 D in the league most of those years in the Dynasty so please stop naming off records as if they are the end-all, be-all of the discussion.

And did you lump the Saints in there? As in last night? Wayne tripped into the cut AND gave about 25% on the cut after that. He also dropped a TD. That was not a choke. I have a major issue with your analysis overall if you are lumping that in as a choke and therefore don't take anything else you say with a lot of respect.

This thread is hysterical, I just love how Peyton Manning is immune to blame for his postseason failures but every other QB in the NFL gets grilled beyond belief. Peyton's career is far from over so the GOAT talk is still not out of the question but for right now he doesn't need to be mentioned unless we're strictly talking about numbers and not meaningful performance.

And a lot of yall must not have heard Tracey Porter's analysis of the pick 6, he knew what was coming through film study. Give him the credit he deserves for jumping that route.

Back
Top Bottom