Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Nobody is asked to do more for his team every year than peyton...and this is the 7th straight season with 12 or more wins, nfl record.

montana_feature1.gif

but let's talk again after his career ends
Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Cassel doing the #'s he did last year in that system didn't really help Brady's cause in the all time discussion.
oh i like this right here

i will be the first one to grave dig this if he wins another chip ... w/ that being said ... let's leave this alone ...

NT will get sick of me if he does win
laugh.gif
... we all know who i think is the best ... but doing my best to be objective ... he needs another ring to be theg.o.a.t. ... he is already top 5 ever though

Even as a 49er fan, I whole heartedly endorse this thread. Something to think about with SB wins as part of your basis of arguments. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SBrings, and is barely even in the top 10 when talking about best QBs ever. Just throwing that out there.

im gonna be unbiased on this one:

brady should be thanking vinaterri for those rings. honetly. second, i hate manning, he's a rival in my division but im not gonna lie, by the end of hiscareer, he will go down as the greatest QB ever. he already amazed us of how smart he is on the field, how you cant even give him not even a minute on thefield, etc. I also never ever seen a QB put the fear of god on a defense like manning did.

. he needs another ring to be the g.o.a.t. ... he is already top 5 ever though
Yep, for me Montana is still at the top, but if Peyton can get 1 more (2 more and it is NO question). Guy is a real joy to watch though, just soin control, more than anyone I've ever seen

THE LIST

1.John Elway-5 SBs despite being the having only one HOF on his teams in his career. 2nd most wins by a NFL quarterback all time.
John-Elway-Photograph-C12192603.jpeg

2.Joe Montana-The Best in the clutch, Undisputed but had a bunch of help, 4 Hall of Famers on his teams.
joe_montana_the1662_large1.jpg

3.Tom Brady-3 Rings, 4 SBs. The only 16-0 regular season. The 2007 Patriot Offense was unstoppable.
tom_brady_vman_091807.jpg

4.Peyton Manning- Will have every record when he's finsihed playing. The ultimate cebreal quarterback. But the 2006 Colts won the super Bowl in spite ofhim.
football+peyton+manning.jpg

5. Brett Favre- The Gunslinger has every record right now.
brett-favre-jersey-11.jpg

Originally Posted by dland24

A few things.....

-Football is the ultimate team sport. When comparing two players, SB rings are not nearly as good a reasoning as a lot of NT makes them out to be. This is NOT the NBA. Saying Brady is better strictly because he has 3 rings to Peyton's 1 is like saying Kevin Faulk is a better running back than Marshall Faulk.
-50>49 is not a very good reason either. Peyton Manning was sitting out entire 4th quarters and almost the entire game of week 17, when Tom Brady was throwing 50 yard bombs late in games that they were already dominating. If Brady sat out as much as Peyton did, or didnt run up the score as much as he did, he would have had like 40 touchdowns that season. Maybe.
-You guys are nuts if you think Peyton has had a D during his career. Peyton has had to win games all by himself, not rely on his defense or kicker.

Regardless of Super Bowl rings, Peyton Manning plays the quarterback position at a higher level than it has ever been played.
First time anyone has made any sense in this entire thread.

Even as a 49er fan, I whole heartedly endorse this thread. Something to think about with SB wins as part of your basis of arguments. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SB rings, and is barely even in the top 10 when talking about best QBs ever. Just throwing that out there.
There was this thing called the Iron Curtain when Bradshaw was winning his Super Bowls, ever hear about it?
grin.gif

Just throwing that #*+% back at ya.

Steel Curtain and Terry did a lot to win 3 and 4, the offense really opened up after the new rules were passed to help offenses (due to Pitt)

PS Iron Curtain was tough but was the Soviet divide in Europe after WWII. Impenetrable defense though

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Even as a 49er fan, I whole heartedly endorse this thread. Something to think about with SB wins as part of your basis of arguments. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SB rings, and is barely even in the top 10 when talking about best QBs ever. Just throwing that out there.
There was this thing called the Iron Curtain when Bradshaw was winning his Super Bowls, ever hear about it?
grin.gif

Just throwing that #*+% back at ya.
Did you just completely miss his point?

He was making an argument against using SB rings to settle "greatest" debates, saying that Bradshaw -- despite having 4 SB rings -- is hardly evenconsidered top 10, and thus using SB rings as a measure is a bit suspect. He wasn't questiong HOW or WHY bradshaw has 4 rings. Ironically, you justsupported his argument further, showing how it's the overall team that determines winning, not any individual player.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

A few things.....

-Football is the ultimate team sport. When comparing two players, SB rings are not nearly as good a reasoning as a lot of NT makes them out to be. This is NOT the NBA. Saying Brady is better strictly because he has 3 rings to Peyton's 1 is like saying Kevin Faulk is a better running back than Marshall Faulk.
-50>49 is not a very good reason either. Peyton Manning was sitting out entire 4th quarters and almost the entire game of week 17, when Tom Brady was throwing 50 yard bombs late in games that they were already dominating. If Brady sat out as much as Peyton did, or didnt run up the score as much as he did, he would have had like 40 touchdowns that season. Maybe.
-You guys are nuts if you think Peyton has had a D during his career. Peyton has had to win games all by himself, not rely on his defense or kicker.

Regardless of Super Bowl rings, Peyton Manning plays the quarterback position at a higher level than it has ever been played.
First time anyone has made any sense in this entire thread.

He has some point up until that point. They won the Super Bowl in 2006 in spite of Peyton Manning, He pretty much played like Jim Sorgi or something that wholeplayoff run.

His 3 tds and 7 interception performance not to mention the 39.6 QB rating against Balitmore.

Back
Top Bottom