Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

From what I understand Bowles is the new D coordinator.

We blame Vick and Andy and everything else but really think about it...how many games since Castillo has been hired have there been where the defense was handed a lead late in the game and we ended up losing that game?  Castillo couldn't adjust to offenses changing strategy in the 4th quarter (probably bc he isn't a natural DC).  Add to that we haven't gotten a sack in 3 games.  Jim Johnson's grave is on spin cycle.  

Castillo is the scapegoat; he probably should be let go because the players don't respect him but the offense is nothing short of anemic this year; they average about 16 pts per game

From what I understand Bowles is the new D coordinator.

We blame Vick and Andy and everything else but really think about it...how many games since Castillo has been hired have there been where the defense was handed a lead late in the game and we ended up losing that game?  Castillo couldn't adjust to offenses changing strategy in the 4th quarter (probably bc he isn't a natural DC).  Add to that we haven't gotten a sack in 3 games.  Jim Johnson's grave is on spin cycle.  
Castillo is the scapegoat; he probably should be let go because the players don't respect him but the offense is nothing short of anemic this year; they average about 16 pts per game
I agree with the play calling being a little suspect this year but what about last year when we were the #8 scoring offense in the league and were still losing games in the 4th quarter? 

I agree with the play calling being a little suspect this year but what about last year when we were the #8 scoring offense in the league and were still losing games in the 4th quarter? 

no I agree he needed to go; I just don't think the offensive should get this free pass they are receiving

if Vick plays bad against ATL then I think Foles is playing the following week...Andy is going out in a blaze of glory

This really makes me think good McNabb really must have been...imagine him with the pieces Vick has

Mornhinweg needs to be the next to go. That offense is ranked 31st in the league in points scored... :stoneface:

Last edited:
no I agree he needed to go; I just don't think the offensive should get this free pass they are receiving

if Vick plays bad against ATL then I think Foles is playing the following week...Andy is going out in a blaze of glory

This really makes me think good McNabb really must have been...imagine him with the pieces Vick has
I'm not giving the offense a pass but everyone's acting like the offense has always been a problem.  Offense didn't start being a problem until this season.  Defense has been a problem throughout Castillo's tenure.

Face it, we fixed a problem that was fixable at the moment.  To bring in a new OC and make Vick learn anymore than he already has midseason is a recipe for disaster.  If this were the offseason, everyone would be gone.  But heads needed to roll now, Hispanic Heritage Month is over, and Castillo drew the short straw.

:D, he'll prolly get on as an o-line coach again somewhere lol

And rightfully so...I could be wrong, but wasn't the offensive line play for the Eagles fairly solid while he was coaching them....he became DC last year and is it a coincidence that the o-line is in shambles now? Or I am looking too far into that aspect.

And rightfully so...I could be wrong, but wasn't the offensive line play for the Eagles fairly solid while he was coaching them....he became DC last year and is it a coincidence that the o-line is in shambles now? Or I am looking too far into that aspect.
We lost our starting center and left tackle (one of the best in the league), our o-line sucking is completely justifiable in my opinion.

I'm not giving the offense a pass but everyone's acting like the offense has always been a problem.  Offense didn't start being a problem until this season.  Defense has been a problem throughout Castillo's tenure.

Face it, we fixed a problem that was fixable at the moment.  To bring in a new OC and make Vick learn anymore than he already has midseason is a recipe for disaster.  If this were the offseason, everyone would be gone.  But heads needed to roll now, Hispanic Heritage Month is over, and Castillo drew the short straw.

White Flag, no disrespect but the Eagles offense has been a problem since last year...
Well Vick anyways, which to me is the whole offense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Vick have more int's last year than touchdowns?
Y'all have a top 10 RB but Reid continues to want to put up points.
RUN the Ball with McCoy!
Burn down the clock, if you need to pass it on 3rd down go play action or bootlegs!
You have a mobile QB utilize him!

Sigh.....Andy put Juan in a position to fail tbh. This is definitely Andy seeing blood in the water, he's GOT to get this team going in the right direction or he's done. I don't think much will change with Bowles but he has more experience than Juan as a defensive coach so maybe the players will not question him as much....aapparently Lurie was skeptical of Juan being appointed the DC when it happened so maybe ownership is in Andy's ear bc they know this has been unacceptable so far. This team should be 5-1 or 4-2 at the very worst so far....but if they beat Atlanta (Vick should be amped up for that one for sure) then I'll feel a lot better...but once again our schedule so far has been tough as hell....but the back end (aside from division games) is pretty weak we get Tampa, Carolina, Saints (hope they'll still be lost) among others so we can still get to 10-6 and maybe 11-5 if we're damn near perfect :lol:

10-6 season. Mark my words

Man... I hope so.

I agree though, Juan seemed to be a scapegoat. Sure, the defense has has kind of been stagnant the last few games. I don't think we got any sacks at all the last few games, could be wrong though. And the D's had a tendency to fall apart in the 4th quarter... But our offense is just horrible. It's been frustrating to see the lack of balance in our play calling a few games early on, where we barely ran the ball and just pass pass pass, then get shady involved late in the second half. Crucial injuries on the O Line as well.

Ultimately, I think it really boils down to our O Line and play calling. Mudd kind of built his reputation because Manning was excellent at wearing defenses down (no huddles and quick passes). Playmakers like Vick are the opposite.. But he's got to try and get rid of the ball faster. Plus, its just as mind numbing to watch rushers get in free and clear time and time again. We've got some things to clean up for sure... If things don't greatly improve real soon I don't think we'll have much choice but to bench Vick.

welp it's gonna be windy, rainy and miserable so I am positive Andy is thinking; "they will never expect us to throw the ball 75 times; let's trick em Marty hahahaha" :smh:

Back
Top Bottom