*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Y'all know I want Reid as our third safety, I don't think he's some great player but it definitely fills a need, we're supposed to be this progressive franchise, after winning a Superbowl we should have enough equity with our fan base to do it, no real corporate sponsors will be lost because of it, if any we lose any, they'll be a line outside waiting to sign up.

His brother was a damn steal in the 3rd round.. when he was dropping was hoping we would scoop him up

But his brother would do well in the 3rd safety hybrid LB/CB role

His brother is probably better in coverage and could have been the nickel cb/3rd coverage safety

According to OvertheCap.com , the Eagles would save $11 million in cap space if they were to trade Foles after June 1st. A potential trade would leave just $2 million in dead money on the books. Prior to the new deal, the Eagles saved around $6 million by moving Foles.

Foles' cap hit for the 2018 season is a whopping $13.6 million.

For an Eagles' team that is currently just $2.1 million under the salary cap -- and that is before signing running back Darren Sproles and their 2018 draft class -- the $11 million saved against the cap is no small matter.

Why?

In the NFL, salary cap from one season rolls over to the next. Currently, the Eagles are projected to be over the cap by $20 million next season -- but that is assuming they pick up Foles' $20 million option, which they almost certainly will not. So without Foles' $20 million cap hit, the Eagles are just about even against the salary cap. Having an extra $11 million roll over would be extremely beneficial.

^
"The injury easily could have ended Jernigan's time in Philadelphia, with the Eagles releasing him and declining to pay him being that he suffered the injury during an off-season workout in March. But in a generous gesture, the Eagles reworked his contract and now will pay him $3 million guaranteed this season, but no longer will be liable for the $11 million guaranteed that was due next season, as part of the four-year $48M extension he signed after being acquired in a trade with Baltimore.

Under terms of the new contract, the final three years of Jernigan's deal are now option years, with Jernigan scheduled to make $11M in 2019, $12M in 2020 and $12M in 2021, as was the case under the previous terms, however none of that money is now guaranteed."

Kelce finally came in
FB4B2F94-D372-4195-B4A0-745CAA0B082F.jpeg

TE is a notoriously difficult position to adapt to from college to the pros. I'm not expecting Goedert to play as much as Celek and I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't play all that well to start. Gotta take the long look with him.

Ertz wasn’t phenomenal to start his career. Made a lot of stupid mistakes like holding the ball with one hand and having it stripped, dropping easy passes, and letting little guys tackle him just by barely touching him. He eventually improved in these areas and now he’s great. I think Eagles will let Goedert gradually improve so that he can get thrown in as a starter in 2-3 years to take pressure off Ertz so that he’s not worn into the ground

TE is a notoriously difficult position to adapt to from college to the pros. I'm not expecting Goedert to play as much as Celek and I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't play all that well to start. Gotta take the long look with him.

Yea, I can't think of a single TE who was a pro-bowl talent straight out of college. not even Gates or Gonzales.

^ evan engram had 64 receptions, 722 yards and 6 TDs last year (obviously they had alot of injuries)

i'm just hoping dude can get near 40 receptions and maybe 5 TDs (celek/trey had 36 receptions combined and 6 TDs)

from this morning:

^ evan engram had 64 receptions, 722 yards and 6 TDs last year (obviously they had alot of injuries)

i'm just hoping dude can get near 40 receptions and maybe 5 TDs (celek/trey had 36 receptions combined and 6 TDs)

from this morning:

Giants passed a lot because of their abysmal running game though. You Throw in OBJ being hurt and Brandon Marshall being washed, dude was basically their number #1 :lol:

Giants passed a lot because of their abysmal running game though. You Throw in OBJ being hurt and Brandon Marshall being washed, dude was basically their number #1 :lol:

Yea I know.. Definitely not fair to expect those numbers next season.. just an example of a dude with solid numbers year 1

I expect better numbers than Adam shasheen thou

Njoku's numbers are doable

You're definitely right about him being talented enough coming out to put those numbers up tho.

Regardless of how many times they throw it to him, gotta have the talent to produce and he definitely did that.

We'll see what Dougie P and Co can get out of Goedert year 1.

Back
Top Bottom