*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Yeah it’s a bad look when 2 weeks after a team beats us they put up ZERO points against another team

They’re a young team. I think a third rounder gets it done. Allows them to fill a need and grab someone young

I’d give up a 3rd for Pat Pete in a heartbeat

I’d rather pay him for 2 years than Darby lol

Fun fact; Pat Pete would’ve been an Eagle if not for the lockout. Kevin Kolb was gonna get dealt for their 1st instead of the 2nd

Fun fact; Pat Pete would’ve been an Eagle if not for the lockout. Kevin Kolb was gonna get dealt for their 1st instead of the 2nd

I'd do a 2nd in a heartbeat.. under contract for 2 more years at a reasonable price and better than anyone we got and only 28

Thought everyone knew that about the cards trade

I'd do a 2nd in a heartbeat.. under contract for 2 more years at a reasonable price and better than anyone we got and only 28

Thought everyone knew that about the cards trade
The other Cards trade that didn’t happen was the Fitz for our 2 2nds in 08. Yes that probably means no DeSean but prime Fitz and not yet washed McNabb w Westbrook

:smh:

jordan howard's snap counts keep going down week after week.. THAT's the RB i want if we make a move, still has 1 more season after this left on his deal for under 800 grand

The real question is how good is this defense, and honestly, I don't know the answer yet.

Six games in, two things stick out:

No. 1, they're allowing way too many big plays.

And No. 2, when they don't allow a big play, they're very good.

The Eagles have allowed seven plays of at least 45 yards, tied with the Raiders for most in the NFL. It's also the most they've given up six weeks into a season in at least 25 years.

Those seven plays have netted 420 yards, which equals an incredible 20 percent of all the yards the Eagles have given up all year.

This sounds nuts, but when the Eagles aren't allowing big plays, they're not allowing very much at all, and the numbers prove it.

The Eagles' defense has allowed the third-fewest first downs in the league, 17.7 per game. Only the Ravens (15.5) and Bears (17.0) have allowed fewer.

On third down, they're third-best in the league at 29.5 percent, behind only the Vikings (25.0) and Ravens (26.5).

And in the red zone, they're once again No. 1 in the league, allowing touchdowns on only seven of 21 opposing drives.

Add up all that, and you have a defense that, despite allowing big plays at an alarming rate, is still allowing the fifth-fewest points per game in the NFL.

Here's a look at the top 10:

12.8 … Ravens

16.0 … Bears

16.7 … Titans

17.2 … Cowboys

18.3 … Eagles

18.3 … Seahawks

19.7 … Rams

19.8 … Jaguars

20.8 … ********

21.4 … Packers

The Eagles' defense has allowed just 11 touchdowns. Only the Jaguars (10), Titans (10) and Ravens (8) have allowed fewer.

So there are signs of greatness. But in the midst of all of it are plays of 75, 75, 68, 55, 51, 50 and 46 yards.

What does this tell us?

If the Eagles can solve their problem allowing big plays, they have a chance to be a special team.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/one-big-fix-2018-eagles-can-be-elite-team

Yeah read that article last night and it made a ton of good points. I’m hoping Howie is working up a trade for corner help. Patrick Peterson would be incredible but even an above average corner would make this defense scary with the DEs and LBs we currently have

Yeah read that article last night and it made a ton of good points. I’m hoping Howie is working up a trade for corner help. Patrick Peterson would be incredible but even an above average corner would make this defense scary with the DEs and LBs we currently have
We have above average corners on the bench, playing a different position and currently hurt lol all in for Pat Pete

Peterson is at the top of my list, as far as trade candidates go.. then we dont pay Darby and can get a compensatory pick when someone else pays him

Plus it forces mills to either safety or bench

Back
Top Bottom