*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Cleveland Browns Trade WR Odell Beckham Jr. to Philadelphia Eagles
4 OF 10

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

1. Back in December, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reported Odell Beckham Jr. wanted out of Cleveland. The three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver publicly refuted that rumor, suggesting he's happy with his current team.
    While it's hard to find the truth beneath Glazer's report, the Browns should consider shipping Beckham out of town and shifting toward a run-first offense—similar to what new head coach Kevin Stefanski ran (as a play-caller) with offensive adviser Gary Kubiak in Minnesota.
    Like the Vikings, the Browns have a pocket-passing quarterback who's limited athletically and a talented lead running back.
    The offense could feature Nick Chubb, who finished second in rushing (1,494) for the 2019 term, along with Kareem Hunt if the team re-signs him. The tandem would open up play-action opportunities for Baker Mayfield.
    The Browns can send Beckham to the Philadelphia Eagles, who need speed at wide receiver. If possible, they should attempt to swap wideouts, taking Alshon Jeffery and a second- or third-round pick in case his play declines after he underwent Lisfranc surgery.
    Although Beckham had a disappointing 2019 campaign, recording a career-low 55.6 percent catch rate, he still had 74 receptions for 1,035 yards and four touchdowns. The six-year veteran should post better numbers with Carson Wentz under center.
    The Browns can abort an experiment that didn't produce optimal results. The Eagles would have a dynamic perimeter playmaker to elevate Wentz. Both sides win.
Breh you literally posted this like it was news. My heart jumped

He's definitely not getting cut, and who's trading for him with the foot injury unless we give them something, maybe if we give away JJAW :lol:

reagor is a better deebo to me... gotta think on aiyuk, but gotta know what that red flag is, if it’s fixable take him and IR him

I'll take AJ if he's cheap. That's it. But still draft at least 2 WR.

I'm thinking Alshon will be a healthy scratch this year. Trot out a WR corp of

AJ
Desean
Ward
2x Ruggs/Reagor/Hamler/etc

JJAW

Healthy scratch?

dude might not be healed til halfway through the season.. let alone whatever shape he’ll be in

luckily we don’t have to count him toward 53 unless he’s actually going play since I assume he won’t be ready to start the year

Healthy scratch?

dude might not be healed til halfway through the season.. let alone whatever shape he’ll be in

luckily we don’t have to count him toward 53 unless he’s actually going play since I assume he won’t be ready to start the year
That's what I'm saying, IF he comes back dude probably wouldn't even play at that point

unless we can somehow offload alshon, i dont want dude.. desean i'm iffey on because he offers a different skillset

i want 2 WRs drafted.. but i dont mind having 'bridge' guys for the year.. and i assume JJAW is pretty much a lock.. and i hope ward is a lock for a slot role/special teams/5th or 6th wr spot

sooooo to me 2 drafted WRs.. JJAW and ward.. and then desean.. with alshon on PUP (assuming we cant move him)

and then we carry 3 TEs.. and i'd love to get dude from UCF for a WR/RB/returner role

unless we can somehow offload alshon, i dont want dude.. desean i'm iffey on because he offers a different skillset

i want 2 WRs drafted.. but i dont mind having 'bridge' guys for the year.. and i assume JJAW is pretty much a lock.. and i hope ward is a lock for a slot role/special teams/5th or 6th wr spot

sooooo to me 2 drafted WRs.. JJAW and ward.. and then desean.. with alshon on PUP (assuming we cant move him)

and then we carry 3 TEs.. and i'd love to get dude from UCF for a WR/RB/returner role
My biggest worry is us taking Gabriel Davis (another UCF guy) who’s pretty much a sure handed JMatt (that can play outside). In other words a much better JJAW

I would deactivate Alshon regardless

he'll be on PUP.. and start the season there which means he has to sit until at least week 8 i think.. and then we can keep him there until he's either ready or we just need him and he's in some playable state

only plus is at least we dont have to waste a roster spot like when we were tip toeing with desean

Back
Top Bottom