Phoenix Area NT'ers...Tell Me About the Valley of the Sun

kapsi1911

Banned
I'm seriously thinking about moving to Phoenix in September or perhaps earlier. Please tell me a firsthand perspective of life in the Phoenix metro area...which places I should be looking to live ($900-$1200 range), the job opportunities,the women there, misc.activities, and anything else you care to share. I'm going there with a Bachelors in Environmental and Geo-spatial Science, and I'm currently workingon my Masters in Information Science (I'm at a public University now, but I can take my classes on-line if when I move away). I work for the EnvironmentalProtection Agency now, so hopefully that beign on my resume will help.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

I lived there for a few months and HATED IT....on the outside looking in, I was ballin...I had a condo in scottsdale by camelback mountain but i wasmiserable...it was hot as hell, i didnt know anybody and all the women smoked cigarettes..

for some reason, I love Dallas a whole lot better..

I lived in AZ for 12 years, and its NICE! Its hot, but very NICE! Stay away from Phoenix, its like the outskirts of and big city, Dirty. The burbs of Phoenix,IE - Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Glibert, Tempe are all very nice. I would rather live in the East Valley then the West Valley. If you drive a Honda, make sureyou have a garage cuz it will get jacked. I just moved back to Chicago last year, but I just did it cuz public transit and "normal jobs" suck. If youhave a career and like HOT HOT woman, then its the place to be. Jus tmake sure the A/C in your ride works...lol

im from the bay so im used to big cities but when i lived in pheonix for a couple years i couldnt stand it

weather is not too bad. winter is nice but summer is real hot.

ladies are cool and the club scene is aight

The downsides I came up with by doing research is the heat from July to September (they say it's themost humid period of the year), and the heat,lol. I anticipate some seriously hot women...especially around ASU. I'm moving there by myself so I'mgonna be starting. Absolutely no steady girlfriends for the first year while I get adjusted...I'd hate to get all wifed up as soon as I get there and missout on the local "fauna".

To each their own I guess..

I been in AZ for 22 years and I love it. Maybe it's because it's all I know, but there's a lot more to AZ then the heat and the women.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

To each their own I guess..

I been in AZ for 22 years and I love it. Maybe it's because it's all I know, but there's a lot more to AZ then the heat and the women.

I'm very sure there is more to it than that...please share if you can, but ultimately I'll haveto find out for myself. I'm already getting excited...moving to a brand new city just because is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I may look at Craigslist to see if any houses are for rent. Ialready have all my electronic gear, I'd just need a simple couch, and a bedroom set. I go for the minimalist furniture design with electronics packed tothe gill.

We have the hottest chicks but the people are really fake. It's all about Louis Vuitton and what kind of car you have. You will get no play unless you actlike you're rich.

Move to the East Valley. Scottsdale is the place to be. Way way too many Republicans. It gets really hot for months. Over 105 degrees from April to October.But there is a lot going on. If diversity is important to you... don't come. People here are still in the stone age when it comes to race relations. SOMEGOOD and SOME BAD. The part I like best is IT NEVER RAINS!!

Back
Top Bottom