photoshop tips thread

And I just worked out how to change the color - I guess you could just draw the frame on a plain background but you can also just select the frame (magic wand or select color range or something) and then make it a 'new layer via copy' and then you can just change the color of that whole area.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

someone do mine!

2rygkg9.jpg

No I didn't. I just took one and take picture in different places. Crop them out on ps and put them in the same position as in the picture.
Holdin' it down for the 5-0-tre

Quote:
Ok, I have Photoshop Elements 2.0. There's a lot of things you can't do in this version, I need some help. *note - I'm a begginer, be easy on me (no Lance Bass) ...

- How do make simple borders?
- How do you make tags transparent?
- I made a custom logo as a tag, how do I put that on a picture that I want tagged... also, how do I make the logo transparent as well...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, if anyone knows of any sites with tips on PS elements 2.0, let me know.

**CRICKETS**......

Uhh... so yeah.. anyone?
ANGELES LAKERS[/b]​

Quote:
someone do mine!

dog- theres a full picture tutorial on the last page...come on now...

Quote:
- How do make simple borders?

open up your picture...

go to "select" in the toolbar, then click "select all", go back to "select": and down to "modify", then to "border" ....click that

just put in the # you want the width to be, for a 640x480 pixel picture, a 10-15 pixel border worked just fine for me...

then go to "layer" and then add a new layer...then get your paint bucket and just dump whatever color in there...

im sure theres a ton of ways to do this, but thats how i do it.

Quote:
- How do you make tags transparent?

open your 2 pictures, the tag and the pic you are tagging. and select your tag.

1av1.jpg

then copy your tag when you have it selected...
2cu8.jpg

go to your pic you are tagging, and go to layer- add new layer
3ly6.jpg

set the transparency to what you want...the lower the # the lighter it is...you can toggle with the transparency of the layer later if you need to.
4et0.jpg

paste your tag into the pic now.
5gr9.jpg

while your tag is in the pic, you can right click it and hit "free transform" and you can play with it and adjust it to how you want it...
6la2.jpg

when you have it how you want....just go to layer and hit "flatten image"
7tc1.jpg

then bammo- go to save and you are done
9lx7.jpg

[/center]

Yo, jae oh en!

Thanks a lot man!

Just messing around...

2rxzitx.jpg

EDIT:

Here's another...

4c8inm8.jpg

ANGELES LAKERS[/b]​

how u put like 2 pics in like one vertical line cuz im tryna post what i wore in the wdywt thread and i have two pics one of my shoes and the shirt i wore how do i put both of them together with like a border around it
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
YEE!YEE!!YEE!!!​

^^i hate to be mean....but think about it...you are taking 2 pictures...add up the dimensions...you are stacking one on the other....so add the heights up and just make a new image with the right dimensions and copy and paste them into it...as for borders- read the post...
[/center]

Jae. You do know that u can just lower the opacity by just creating a tag on the picture u want to tag right?

instead of all that copy, paste @#%$....
[/b][/center]

^^if you are just using fonts, you dont need to copy and paste etc..you can just use the slider to lower the opacity of the font layer, but the guy said he had a tag he drew up somewhere else....so if its like that, you need to open that second tag image to be copied and pasted over....

if theres another way to do what i did up there that excludes a gang of steps- hit me up and let me know cuz ive been doing it that way for a long time and never found a shorter process....
[/center]

Quote:
but the guy said he had a tag he drew up somewhere else....

sorry jae, didnt read that

But other than that..i use the same method that u use as in lowering the opacity straight from the layer window :wow:
embarassed.gif

But anyways...
Can anyone please give me a short tutorial on how to make an og white/black looking background like the examples shown below

2rzpe9s.jpg

Something like this
44ui5bs.jpg

jae :nerd:
nerd.gif
KD :nerd:
nerd.gif

[/b][/center]

Okay........my simple logo I did in a couple of hours today......(70's rock art)

My sketches that I mad untill I got something that I liked...

Take it into Illustrator and trace the drawing after you have scanned or takin' a picture of it.....This is probably the hardest part to most people. Best advice...take your time.

Take it into photoshop and add a stroke to it and a color overlay and BAM, you have a logo or a tag. There can be many other things done to it (add some texture, better colors, etc) but I am done for today.....
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: Fongstizzle

damn you guys are great at this, I dont even know how to add a new font to photoshop. Where can i learn the basics?

^ There's alot worse than that tho. lol

Who's that chic in the avy though?
devil.gif

And I still don't know how to get a white background in a pic.
ohwell.gif

Quote:
I dont think ur avy is appropiate for nt^

It's also 950k which is way over the limit.

I'm on vacation right now - just away for the weekend - and I have a ton of emails but I should have some time tomorrow to have a look at how to do those 2 pictures up there. Looks like decent photography combined with a gradient fade. I'll tell you later if I can do it.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

migit1209,

to get that effect on those 2 pics, you can simply do the following (i'll do black an an example):

-use a black paintbrush and go over all the areas that you know are going to be pure black
-use a burn tool for the sections that you want to blur into the objects in the photo, lowering the opacity as you get closer to the object
-repeat the same steps except with white if you want to get the white background effect

in both pics, especially the second one, it looks like they love to jack up the color contrast. so you might as well, it'll give the picture more of a pop against the white/black background, especially if it's a vibrant object.

Sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art. If it's good art people will stare. So what shoes should i wear next to break some necks?

Back
Top Bottom