pink floyd appreciation

joshhassolex

Banned
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

one of the best bands of all time.
the wall and dark side of the moon are legendary.
jamming to comfortably numb as we think.

pimp.gif
Wish You Were Here is my fave album by them.

Comfortably Numb is that piff though. Top 5 song of all time no debating.

I'm not the hugest Pink Floyd fan but I love some of their songs and they definitely paved the way for all the experimental bands out there today.

- Tical.

greatest band ever, imo. i've had the honor of catching roger waters and david gilmour live since i was a kid. but have never seen them perform together.it's pretty amazing how they started as an r&b band and finished as one of the great rock bands in history. also check out waters, the pros and cons ofhitch hiking. it's a great story album, that also features eric clapton on guitar.

Any of you guys ever do the "Wizard of Oz" thing with Dark Side?

Yeah, they are much appreciated! I like listening to entire albums at night. It always blows me away that the songs are so incredibly intricate. You have tostop and think about the time period they were working in and the equipment they were able to use. It's very impressive to listen to all the layers ofsound that exist in their work.

I love the songs "Vera" and "Nobody Home." Of course, all their stuff is great, but I really dig those two tunes.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely my favorite band along with Smashing Pumpkins.

A couple songs I'd recommend that aren't that famous (at least I don't think) are Careful With That Axe Eugene, which is entirely instrumental, andOn The Turning Away (probably my favorite PF song).

Indeed.

Greatest band of all time in my eyes.

Animals, alongside Wish You Were Here are their best albums.

<-----

Bo55Diesel wrote:
Any of you guys ever do the "Wizard of Oz" thing with Dark Side?

Yeah, they are much appreciated! I like listening to entire albums at night. It always blows me away that the songs are so incredibly intricate. You have to stop and think about the time period they were working in and the equipment they were able to use. It's very impressive to listen to all the layers of sound that exist in their work.

Yea its strange, but the band still denies doing it on purpose, that it was all coincidental.

Anyways, the top 5 music acts of all time has to include Pink Floyd
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wsdesigner14

Indeed.

<-----
Animals is my personal favorite by them too.

I think everybody should listen to Pink Floyd at least once in their lifetime, if they already havent. And not just DSOTM!

I've heard of the 'Wizard of Oz' thing, but could someone clear up what exactly it is???

wizard of oz, thing? never heard of it.
i was jamming to comfortably numb for like an hour str8 today...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DonCoryson

Originally Posted by wsdesigner14

Indeed.

<-----
Animals is my personal favorite by them too.

I think everybody should listen to Pink Floyd at least once in their lifetime, if they already havent. And not just DSOTM!
i dont know why and i don't know how but i have never really listened to them...people always tell me im missing out. but it's just one ofthose things where i just dont ever get around to doing....i have heard dsotm...a while ago tho..

They say your occupation reflects on your art. These guys are all architechs. You can definitely hear it in their sound. Genius'!

Originally Posted by hugebird

Yeah man, The Wall and mushrooms are a fun combo.
laugh.gif
I knew someone would say it. Maaaan, The Wall is some spooky#%!@, for real. That joint was way too intense for me. Then again, it was probably the mushrooms. On another note, Led Zepp's "The Song Remains TheSame" on mushrooms is also a great combo.

I did not know people on NT listen to Floyd on here.

I Thought is was just country rap like Soldier Boy or any of the other garbage thats out.

Nice to know there are people on here with good taste in rock music besides rap.

Back
Top Bottom