Pistons just keep losing to mediocre teams vol. Iverson trade looking iffy

my pistons cant seem to get anything going as far as getting wins stacked up goes. they get Iverson, nothing special yet, they put stuckey in the line uptonight and they still lost to the Wizards by 13. i feel embarassed right now. we got a leader back with the squad by bringing back dyess but im kinda gettingscared because they look like they arent ready to contend right now. they beat Cleveland and LA this year, two great teams, but lost to WAS, MIN, NYK, PHI, anda couple other teams that they should beat. Im one of the biggest Pistons fans ever, but i know when to open my mouth and say somethings not right.

somethings not right with this team.

Did you think Detroit was serious about winning a championship when they hired this dude as their head coach?

MichaelCurry_81463215.jpg

Not even really hating on MC but how many rookie head coaches actually step in and make something happen?

It's basically the same situation as the Dallas and Phoenix trades last year...

They'd had the same recipe for almost a decade, and couldn't get back over the hump after winning it all in 2004... They needed to do something, andit's one of those moves that if it works, great, if it doesn't, you've got a huge expiring contract to play around with...

Would they be better right now with Chauncey? Yeah, they would. But they still wouldn't be one of the two best teams out East...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Did you think Detroit was serious about winning a championship when they hired this dude as their head coach?

MichaelCurry_81463215.jpg

Not even really hating on MC but how many rookie head coaches actually step in and make something happen?
qft

Pistons spent the entire offseason talking about splitting this team up and making Stuckey the team leader, trying to build for the future

told ya all, Iverson has NEVER made a team better, I love him as a Sixers fan but the only real good seasons he had was b/c Larry Brown was able to surroundhim with role players who just let him be a one man show

Inconsistency. I was at the game tonight against the Wizards. They looked great till the halfway mark of the 2nd quarter. In a lot of the losses they have hadso far this season they have been up by double digits in many of those games. They have got to get some type of consistency going. Also, Maxiell didn't getany tick in tonights game and Rasheed didn't play towards the end of the game when the score was close, what was that all about?

Iverson is trash IMO. I didnt like the trade to begin with, i honestly dont think we will make the playoffs the way we are playing. We are losing to terribleteams, i just dont see us turning it around, had we still had Chauncey there wouldnt be anything to worry about. Curry is doing a good job, Iverson is justmaking him look bad. Team is playing horrible so everyone assumes its the coaches fault when its not.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yup. If you expected anything better or sooner than 2010, don't be surprised if Detroit stinks it up another year. You shouldn't have evenliked the trade from the start. I thought it was terrible for DET when it happened, but in terms of the future it's not a terrible move. How they draft andwho they get in the FA market is what's going to determine the future of the team.

this trade is on par with the jason kidd to dallas and shaq to phoenix trade. that's what happen when you try to get players at the end of their careerhoping to put you over the top.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

told ya all, Iverson has NEVER made a team better, I love him as a Sixers fan but the only real good seasons he had was b/c Larry Brown was able to surround him with role players who just let him be a one man show
Lol, he carried that 01' Finals team by himself. To me, that proves he not only has, but he can make a team better if the system is right forhim. This Pistons system, it appears, is not the right fit...at least not yet....

mateen cleaves your trash for thinking ai is trash.... This is a new system, a rookie coach, and a team with no identity. ai has a very unique skill set and ido agree VERY difficult to build a team around. He needs a specific style of team to fully utilize his abilities. Tough times yes, but dont forget this guy ledthe minutes last year as a 32 year old, and dropped 26 a game.

Seriously, watching these Piston games, you can tell this system will not work with A.I. in the lineup. He needs the ball in his hands in order to create forhimself and others (and don't even front like he doesn't). The pistons are looking to create for him too much. They have A.I. running the point attimes, then Tayshaun, then Stuckey/Bynum. If you don't think A.I. can still get it done, you're bugging, but the fact of the matter is he should berunning the show offensively.

Detroit I think is still good enough defensively, even with A.I. in there, to get it done, but it looks like there focus is on the other end now. For one, theycan't put a 3 guard lineup on the floor, EVER. Two, let A.I. run the show offensively. Rip has been a great product of great chemistry, but he's beenlooking extra regular.

It sucks because it is unlikely A.I. to get the offensive freedom he's had because this team is supposedly already good. Hell, even when he's been outthe lineup they look suspect. It also sucks Detroit is just borrowing him for now and he'll be looking for another squad next season. Go back to Phillyson, and wrap your illustrious career up there. Hell, they got a squad that could do damage now.

Has it been too long for us to keep saying Iverson is getting used to the new team?
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom