Planning to take a vacation to Mexico (Cancun), any tips?

What up NT? .......... I got some vacation days left from work so I might as well get away from the cold weather.

We are planning to stay for 3nights and under $600 for flight + hotel. I narrowed it down to Barcelo Tucancun and Golden Parnassus but am open to other hotels.Any recommendations? Any tips? Please share.

Some things I picked up from reading the reviews:

- Bring lots of singles / cash .......... tip a lot
- Should we use USD or pesos?
- Is all inclusive worth it?
- Take the bus not taxi
- Say no thank you to the people who tries to sell you timeshare
- How's the nightlife?

I've been there a couple times, and this is the most important thing you need to know: Keep at least a 50 set aside for bribing cops. No BS. Bothtimes I was there we have had to bribe the cops. They are so damn crooked. The night life really depends on where you go.

Went last year.. your gonna have a blast. Bring plenty Dollar bills, just singles.. no big bills. Night life is great, just watch out for the ladies thatapproach you outside of the clubs, they are MEN. Do not take cabs.. total waste of money, the bus is about 20 pesos .. pretty cheap.
All inclusive hotels are cool.. but they give u a wrist band. you cant bring anyone back to your hotel unless you by them a wrist band for the night. Screwthat , the beachs are a much better place to be wit a chick anyways.. have fun. be careful and DONT GET INTO TROUBLE.

Try to do something outside of the strip...like go on a tour of Chichen Itza (sp?)
Have A LOT of money...the clubs are wildly expensive.
Be prepared to bargain a lot
it'll feel like you're in florida...

LOL @ people telling OP to watch his back like he bout to get sniped or something. It's Acapulco, calm down. Just go out and have fun man. Hit the nightlife over there and stay out of trouble.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

LOL @ people telling OP to watch his back like he bout to get sniped or something. It's Acapulco, calm down. Just go out and have fun man. Hit the night life over there and stay out of trouble.
Seriously.
laugh.gif

Where you can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice, Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice -Sammy Hagar

I JUST CAME BACK from a week of vaca there in Cancun. it was really nice and had hella fun. stayed at the ME by Melia, where i believe the last cast ofMTV's real world resorted. was really nice and worth it. got a deal on hotel+airfare. If i went back think i would like to stay at an all inclusive, metpeople there and they said the "secret recipe" was to take advantage of the all inclusive before going out.
right now the exchange rate was about 12pesos to $1usd.
bus is the way to get around, it was 15pesos for my girl and i. so 30pesos round trip every time.
exchange ur money its cheaper to pay in pesos, or else bring plenty of singles.
the weather was great, bring cool clothes. i was in tank tops just about every day and night while the girls including mine just ran around the pools and beachtopless. it was awesome.
the night life was crazy, everything starts around 10:30 its about a 2 hour ahead difference in time there than us pacific standard time.
at most clubs or bars they give u a choice between admittance fee or just buy open bar and get in here and there or multiple places for free once u have uropen bar wristband.
just say no thank you, they hound you. and keep looking for the best deal, can always talk em down or find better since everyone there is real competitive foryour business.
BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLES, sealed. water is like the most expensive thing there since its all bottled. liquor is cheaper it seems like they offer that morewith everything u do or eat for free or some kind of special.
dont tip a lot or else you'll be broke.
checkout ex-hal or xcaret & chichen-itza.

Here's the real deal:

Bring bottled water, that $*%*# expensive their.
Bring tylenol, hangovers can kill your day.
Dont get cornrows, no matter how much they peer pressure you.
DON'T go to Coco Bongo unless you like old people, try daddy'os or all of them [bar hop pass] ?
All inclsusive hotel pregaming + unlimited drink pass = success, plus a little throwup.
Get up& do it all again. before you miss ur shuttle to the events u planned to go on the next morning.

I went there last year with my family for vacation last year. It was okay. Couldn't swim where our hotel was because it was too rocky.
Didn't club or go out at night(too young and stuck with the fam)
ohwell.gif

-All-inclusive food tastes like crap
-Those timeshare people never gave up when we said no and wasted half our day there
mad.gif

-The taxis try to overcharge;so take the bus
-We went to some amusement parks;waste of money

Guess Cancun's better for those staying out late and clubbin'/partying.

EDIT: And no, there was no robbers and drug cartels or dealers
roll.gif
(that Isaw
eyes.gif
)

All inclusive resorts are well worth it, unlimited liquor and food choices. And 3 days is nothing try staying longer so you can fully enjoy it.

Go to The City, Senior Frogs, Xcaret, Playa del carmen, snorkeling, tours,excursions

Back
Top Bottom