Platanos Maduros (Fried Plantains)

Who seasons them? Eat them as they are when they finish frying. Delicious.

As Spike said, the riper the sweeter.

DC, I use regular Wesson cooking oil. Never used coconut oil.

Patacon (Platanos in-maduros?
laugh.gif
) >

I like both tho.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

I put black pepper on everything man. It seems to help them burn quicker, I like mine nice and crispy/crunchy.

Yea I like how they come out using CoConut Oil. I just have to keep my eye on then because I burned the first batch.

I might try them with GrapeSeed oil next time.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

I put black pepper on everything man. It seems to help them burn quicker, I like mine nice and crispy/crunchy.

Yea I like how they come out using CoConut Oil. I just have to keep my eye on then because I burned the first batch.

I might try them with GrapeSeed oil next time.

My guy over here tryna get extra technical wit the plantains
laugh.gif

U'd probly like the Dominican style, they dumb hard [||] and damn near tastless, perfect for seasoning.

Boiled ripe plantains are good money too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

Does it work with bananas instead...?

Damn i'm hungry.

Then u'd be making banana fritters, which requires extra ingrediants.
That right there is my all time fave food.
Damn, I miss my grandmoms.

My guy over here tryna get extra technical wit the plantains
laugh.gif

U'd probly like the Dominican style, they dumb hard [||] and damn near tastless, perfect for seasoning.

Boiled ripe plantains are good money too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

Does it work with bananas instead...?

Damn i'm hungry.

Then u'd be making banana fritters, which requires extra ingrediants.
That right there is my all time fave food.
Damn, I miss my grandmoms.

ever since i heard the song platamo con salami ive been dying to see what the hype is
is it good??how u make it
im mex. btw

ever since i heard the song platamo con salami ive been dying to see what the hype is
is it good??how u make it
im mex. btw

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.

Google: Turon
most classic turon recipes will say to add sugar before wrapping them.. personally, I don't like them that way...I like em plain, no sugar, but wrapped. It's a nice way to eat the sweet plantains, but have something to give it structure when you hold them.

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.

Google: Turon
most classic turon recipes will say to add sugar before wrapping them.. personally, I don't like them that way...I like em plain, no sugar, but wrapped. It's a nice way to eat the sweet plantains, but have something to give it structure when you hold them.

I hate how ppl think this is an exclusively Hispanic dish. Many African and Caribbean cultures fry plantains.

I hate how ppl think this is an exclusively Hispanic dish. Many African and Caribbean cultures fry plantains.

Back
Top Bottom