Platanos Maduros (Fried Plantains)

Silly thing to hate, its popular because of Hispanics is all. You must be sick then seeing as how you're in the Bronx and all. Anyway I prefer Tostones with a little mojito. Cant beat it

Silly thing to hate, its popular because of Hispanics is all. You must be sick then seeing as how you're in the Bronx and all. Anyway I prefer Tostones with a little mojito. Cant beat it

dont season them but if you are feeling creative and have a bunch of ripe plantains try making pastelon.
This Sheppard pie but instead of potato based its platano and instead of veggies its cheese

images

dont season them but if you are feeling creative and have a bunch of ripe plantains try making pastelon.
This Sheppard pie but instead of potato based its platano and instead of veggies its cheese

images

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

First, they aren't exactly popular. It's not a common food you can get just anywhere. Only places that serve them are Hispanic, Caribbean, or African food joints and maybe a few Chinese spots in the hood lol. Second, this exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't some food special to Hispanics prepared in a special way. You prepare it the same as everyone else, you fry it and eat it. Yet ya'll be acting like you put the world up on game
eyes.gif
. Third, I don't live in the Bronx anymore genius. By the way it never phased me, just an observation I've had since I been eating plantains since I hopped up out the womb.

P.S. - I love spanish food. Pernil>>>*

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

First, they aren't exactly popular. It's not a common food you can get just anywhere. Only places that serve them are Hispanic, Caribbean, or African food joints and maybe a few Chinese spots in the hood lol. Second, this exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't some food special to Hispanics prepared in a special way. You prepare it the same as everyone else, you fry it and eat it. Yet ya'll be acting like you put the world up on game
eyes.gif
. Third, I don't live in the Bronx anymore genius. By the way it never phased me, just an observation I've had since I been eating plantains since I hopped up out the womb.

P.S. - I love spanish food. Pernil>>>*

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.

Google: Turon
most classic turon recipes will say to add sugar before wrapping them.. personally, I don't like them that way...I like em plain, no sugar, but wrapped. It's a nice way to eat the sweet plantains, but have something to give it structure when you hold them.

here's a picture of Turon.

2wp3r89.jpg

But my personal favorite is Arroz a la Cubana 
pimp.gif

dzyqdv.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.

Google: Turon
most classic turon recipes will say to add sugar before wrapping them.. personally, I don't like them that way...I like em plain, no sugar, but wrapped. It's a nice way to eat the sweet plantains, but have something to give it structure when you hold them.

here's a picture of Turon.

2wp3r89.jpg

But my personal favorite is Arroz a la Cubana 
pimp.gif

dzyqdv.jpg

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom