Platanos Maduros (Fried Plantains)

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

West indians fry them in long strips or as chips like this:

plantain3.jpg

pretty damn good, but fattening.

The ones in the first pic are perfection....cooking them in long strips and slowly so they take up the oil makes them really sweet and tender.
This is what I grew up on...My fellow Jamaicans know whats up
pimp.gif
The first pic is also made a lot in West Africa

Platanos frito*

I wait til they are very ripe and fry em up. I make a sandwhich with a frenh bagette, queso fresco, frijoles frito, and platano frito.

I'm Salvadorian BTW.

Yup.

Pic one is made for quote #2

Platano frito con crema y casamiento = nite nite
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Platanos frito*

I wait til they are very ripe and fry em up. I make a sandwhich with a frenh bagette, queso fresco, frijoles frito, and platano frito.

I'm Salvadorian BTW.

Yup.

Pic one is made for quote #2

Platano frito con crema y casamiento = nite nite
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Good job with those assumptions you keep making. Mind you I live in another predominantly Hispanic neighborhood, but that's besides the point. Go to Brooklyn and ask if the people there had plantains in a Spanish restaurant or a Caribbean one. Hell there are probably more Golden Krusts in New York than any one Spanish chain lol. Y yo no tengo problemas con mi latino gente. Hice una observacion. Hizo un comentario estupido. Ahora, fin tu mismo. Gracias.

Muy bien.....i stand corrected.

Good job with those assumptions you keep making. Mind you I live in another predominantly Hispanic neighborhood, but that's besides the point. Go to Brooklyn and ask if the people there had plantains in a Spanish restaurant or a Caribbean one. Hell there are probably more Golden Krusts in New York than any one Spanish chain lol. Y yo no tengo problemas con mi latino gente. Hice una observacion. Hizo un comentario estupido. Ahora, fin tu mismo. Gracias.

Muy bien.....i stand corrected.

Originally Posted by Physicx

daaaaaamn

that looks good as hell

never had them before though
ohwell.gif

I never had any either....but brought 2 today. either today or Wednesday we shall see
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

daaaaaamn

that looks good as hell

never had them before though
ohwell.gif

I never had any either....but brought 2 today. either today or Wednesday we shall see
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.
I do this, 2 rolls, with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream and some maple syrup drizzled on top. Perfect dessert!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

try wrapping ripened ones in eggroll wrappers and frying them... you won't need to deep fry them.
I do this, 2 rolls, with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream and some maple syrup drizzled on top. Perfect dessert!

just fried up a batch. interesting taste. obviously in the banana family but i can see how it can be addictive.

how black do the plantains supposed to get? my were not quite all the way black but tasted kinda sweet.
nerd.gif

the hype is well deserved
pimp.gif

just fried up a batch. interesting taste. obviously in the banana family but i can see how it can be addictive.

how black do the plantains supposed to get? my were not quite all the way black but tasted kinda sweet.
nerd.gif

the hype is well deserved
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Ate these at least once a day growing up. My dad's Nigerian.

Same here fam.....

Never thought I would see the day where I would catch a plantain thread on NT..... BY the way my real nigerians know I wont eat plantain that u touch with your hands. I can literally peel my plantain, season and place my plantain in a bowl without ever touching (the part you eat).... My dad always told me u can never let anyone touch your food (he excludes the kids tho lol)

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Ate these at least once a day growing up. My dad's Nigerian.

Same here fam.....

Never thought I would see the day where I would catch a plantain thread on NT..... BY the way my real nigerians know I wont eat plantain that u touch with your hands. I can literally peel my plantain, season and place my plantain in a bowl without ever touching (the part you eat).... My dad always told me u can never let anyone touch your food (he excludes the kids tho lol)

Back
Top Bottom