Please lock.

[thread="578876"] [/thread]

REPORTED EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. ITS A SHAME WHAT THIS THREAD HAS BECOME ALREADY.

NEED TO GET METHOD MAN IN HERE TO LAY DOWN THE RULES ON YOU FELLAS.

dude, what's wrong with you? 

I'm glad they're all banned. We've had this thread running damn near ten years and it's been the same throughout. Last thing we want is to have this **** locked and start a new one because some idiots do the same **** for every PPV fight.

But after watching this. There is no way any pac fan can honestly say he has a chance with floyd I'm sorry I just don't see it. That sun has set

I come away with the same thoughts.

Pacquiao didn't look impressive, and would easily get worked by Mayweather.

I know you said it later on in the thread but I don't think it would have been any different anytime between 08 to the present.

I really think we Should've made a separate fight thread.

Mike or I usually do it but I completely forgot :lol:

pro why didn't your clown *** make a fight thread
laugh.gif

Certain "posters" only come around after Pac or May fight and turn the thread into garbage.

Did anyone catch Friday night fights? I recorded it. Wanted anyone's opinion on if it's worth watching

I need to stay away from this thread for a lil while. Sux cause this is my favorite thread too.
PLEASE dont forget a fight thread for May. Its gonna be this x10. :lol:

Dude defense IS BOXING.

The exploiting of the opponents D to connect
The Jab to keep the dude off you
The combo and retreat
The footwork
etc...
I love how Bradley came out with something to prove last night.. PAC was just too much for him

I don't think he knows what boxing is..

Last edited:
"I only watch Heat games cause basketball is garbage."
"I only watch Yankee games cause baseball is garbage."

You see how those comments make me sound like a douche? Ergo...

Don't really feel like having a debate right now, got a lot to do but I will say this.

If Manny signs that 2 year extension with Bob Arum it'll speak levels about his willingness to fight Floyd. We all know that Bob Arum is going to keep things exclusively in-house, exclusively Top Rank. Make no mistake, we can throw out names all we want and daydream about possible opponents but it'll come down to one of these two men,

Marquez or Alvarado.

Bob Arum even had Marquez fight Alvarado instead of Provodnikov so he can hedge his bets and protect his assets. Provodnikov is going to absolutely massacre Algieri, make no mistake. And Arum knows this. Marquez is also going to beat Alvarado, Arum knows this as well. This is asset protection at its finest. Pitting Marquez vs Provodnikov would've effectively halved his potential Pacquiao matchup stable.

And then he goes and tells fans to boycott the Mayweather vs Maidana fight, calling it a "crap" affair. Please, like Marquez vs Alvarado or Provodnikov (vs Algieri) are quality showcases and not blatant attempts at stretching out his stable.

Puro snake-oil salesman in the ******* flesh. And if Manny signs that 2 year extension it speaks volumes about what he really wants his legacy to be about.

All I ask of Manny fans is objectivity. Call it like you see it. You insinuate that Floyd "cherry-picks" his opponents but he's fighting guys above his comfortable weight, he's fighting top ranked opponents and he's not rehashing the same bouts over & over again.

I mean really, who wants to see Pacquiao vs Marquez V? Anyone? Anyone? And Bob can play cute and say he's ready to negotiate at any point but the only ******* deal he's willing to negotiate is one that primarily benefits him. Hell he even is pretty much over doing Top Rank bouts at MGM Grand Garden. The guy is a power abusive cancer to the sport.

And that's not to say that Golden Boy is squeaky clean either.

But the point is if Manny wants to fight Floyd he has to come to terms that Floyd, not he is the P4P King and has been throughout both their respective careers. Only time this wasn't the case was when Floyd had to step away from boxing. Floyd also has a 6 fight deal with Showtime, so Floyd isn't going anywhere. He's not going to to leave Golden Boy and he's not going to rip up his Showtime contract.

Manny on the other hand has an opportunity to go a different direction than Top Rank. It's really all up to him. And there really isn't any logical reason as to why he shouldn't. Business is business, I get it Top Rank has been good to him. But if he thinks Floyd is going to take the fight on Top Rank's terms and HBO's terms he's smoking something.

And guess what? If Manny signs a 1 fight deal with Golden Boy it's not like Top Rank or Bob Arum would deny him if he wanted back after fighting Floyd. Lmao, lets be serious. Top Rank's stable of talent at welter is pretty scant and there's no way Bob wouldn't welcome him back.

So the ball is in Manny's court, his move.

Last edited:
Timothy Bradley fought like an amateur from round 6 on.

manny is gonna beat the breaks off Ruslan. Ruslan don't have enough skill to counter and time Pac. I hope that fight is made next.

Timothy Bradley fought like an amateur from round 6 on.

manny is gonna beat the breaks off Ruslan. Ruslan don't have enough skill to counter and time Pac. I hope that fight is made next.

that's not the fight that's going to be made next.

Provo is fighting Algiers in June, Marquez vs Alvarado in May. I highly doubt that Top Rank is going to have Manny fight Provodnikov just looking at the timing of these two bouts. Also they could have easily made Marquez vs Provodnikov, they didn't, instead we're seeing Alvarado being fed to Marquez who looks like he's being groomed for yet another showdown with Manny.

Top Rank ain't fooling me.

I like you want to see the fight but Manny has like a 5% chance of winning. As you stated styles make fights. Floyd's style is taylor made to beat Manny's almost every time. Floyd would basically use his reach advantage to keep distance and straight right Manny to death. Floyd is better than Bradley in every way. He won't get suckered into a fire fight with Manny or engage in the silly antics either. He will control distance and neutralize Manny's left hand. Manny has to be within mid range to get off his combos so Floyd will just stay on the outside because his arms are freakishly long for his height.

If you can control distance you can control Manny. Once he gets frustrated, Manny will start getting wild reaching and lunging with his punches. That's will the real fun will start. He's get peppered with accurate shots for being wreckless.
So Floyd should just stick to fighting bums like Maidana who is like 748,938-1 odds in Vegas right now? 

Maidana isn't a bum.

http://espn.go.com/blog/Boxing/post/_/id/4560/pacquiao-bradley-ii-what-we-learned

Vindication. Hopefully that’s what Manny Pacquiao felt on Saturday when he took back the welterweight belt he lost to Timothy Bradley Jr. in June 2012 due to one of the worst decisions the sport of boxing has seen in years.

Pacquiao, 35, said prior to Saturday’s championship fight he didn’t feel as if he had much to prove -- after all, he knew who really won that first fight. Even though many of us would tend to agree, here are five other things we learned from the Pacquiao-Bradley card.

1. The rematch had to happen, even though it kind of didn’t have to happen
Pacquiao had to “erase” the Bradley loss from his record, even though it didn’t really teach us anything new. Two people, it seemed, thought Bradley beat Pacquiao when they fought the first time in June 2012. But those two happened to be judging it. Other than judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross, most felt Bradley had won somewhere between two and four rounds. Fast-forward to Saturday, and very little changed. Final scores read 116-112 twice and 118-110 for Pacquiao. Again, Bradley won somewhere between two and four rounds. The rematch played out very different from the first in the ring, but ultimately produced the same result.

Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Jr. II punch stats
Pacquiao Bradley
Landed 198 141
Thrown 563 627
Pct 35% 22%
-- Courtesy of CompuBox
2. Timothy Bradley has learned (kind of) that nobody likes excuses
Shortly after scores were read on Saturday, Bradley said in a post-fight interview he had suffered an injury to his calf early in the fight. A chorus of boos followed, which Bradley should have expected. By the time he arrived at the post-fight news conference, Top Rank officials confirmed he had suffered a strained calf muscle, but Bradley refused to discuss it. When Top Rank CEO Bob Arum asked the media to keep questions short due to the pain Bradley was in, he quickly said, “No excuses, no excuses. I’m OK.”

There’s more than a decent chance Bradley did injure himself in the fight, but it would have done him no favors to talk about it. He realized as much in the time it took him to get from the ring to the news conference. “I accept defeat like a man,” Bradley said. “I lost tonight.”

3. The winner of Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Mike Alvarado will fight Pacquiao next
We already knew this going in. As much fun as it is to see a red-faced Arum answer to the demands of a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (“We’re prepared to sit down with his people any time!” Arum said), we know how highly unlikely it is for the two sides to come to an agreement on that fight this year. Pacquiao dealt with the “loss” to Bradley on Saturday and he wants to deal with the knockout loss to Marquez next. "I think what we're looking at, as far as Manny is concerned, is the winner of Marquez and Alvarado, that's been talked on and so forth," Arum said.

4. As much fun as Pacquiao still is, Mayweather would roll him
He just would. Mayweather’s style always appeared well suited to handle Pacquiao and it still is. Pacquiao was impressive on Saturday, but he wasn’t the fighter who terrorized Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto five years ago. Freddie Roach basically admitted as much afterward. He used the words “pretty well,” to describe Pacquiao’s performance and acknowledged Bradley’s success with counter punches -- which Mayweather, too, would certainly have. If that fight were to take place in 2014, Mayweather wins 10 of 12 rounds.

“He got caught in the pocket a couple times,” Roach said. “He stayed in front of Bradley a little too long from what I saw. He was trying to beat Bradley down the middle and he had some success with it overall, but it was looking like Bradley was landing the bigger shots.”

5. Bob Arum is not impressed with Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana on May 3
Shocking, right? Arum ripped the MGM Grand Garden Arena throughout the Pacquiao-Bradley fight week for the property’s decision to hang advertisements of a May 3 bout between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana. On Saturday, Arum praised his event for featuring what turned out to be a mostly competitive fight. He referred to the fight on May 3, in which Mayweather is a 12-to-1 betting favorite, as “nonsense.”

“I don’t think the Mayweather fight is bad for boxing,” Arum said. “It’s bad for the public who will be talked to about spending money on nonsense. It’s bad for a property like MGM, which continues to peddle non-competitive matches.”

**** Bob Arum.

Last edited:
If Manny wasn't the moron that started this war between GBP/TR, maybe we're not having this discussion every time he fights :lol:

You can also blame the shady and bad business practices of arum to the list of why this war is taking place as well.

Bob arum is basically the new Don king of boxing . Except all the big name fighters are not in his stable

Last edited:
So we've seen 6 fighters fight 13 times already with more to come.
pac/jmm1
pac/jmm2
pac/jmm3
pac/jmm4
pac/bradley1
pac/bradley2
pac/rios
jmm/bradley
jmm/alverado
bradley/prov
rios/alverado1
rios/alverado2
alverado/prov

Screw Bob Arum indeed.

You can also blame the shady and bad business practices of arum to the list of why this war is taking place as well.

Bob arum is basically the new Don king of boxing . Except all the big name fighters are not in his stable

It basically started with him taking $300K in a briefcase at a dinner to sign with GBP even though his contract wasn't up with Top Rank :lol: so yea, Manny should get quite a bit of blame here.

There's always gonna be bad blood until Arum dies unfortunately. The way DLH showed no regard for the way Arum made him the juggernaut he was in the 90's (PPV wise) and that litigation they had way back when, is always going to cause friction at any negotiation between them. When he goes and Duboef takes over and with Schaefer pretty much running GBP now, it'll be settled.

Back
Top Bottom