Polow responds to Youtube video

ejm205

Banned
from hiphopupdate............

A YouTube video sparked an uproar Thursday over Usher's #1 hit "Love in This Club," which was produced and co-written by Polow.

In the short video, an unidentified young man plays a snippet of "Love in This Club," then demonstrates two presets from Apple's GarageBand program which sound nearly identical to the track -- instantly threatening the credibility of one of hip-hop's hottest producers.

"That's not where I got them from, but they're definitely in there," Polow said of the sounds used in "Love in This Club," telling SOHH he had yet to view the YouTube video. "There's this keyboard I have that a lot of sounds come in."

Polow noted that the song contains a live bassline and that Robin Thicke was enlisted to play piano on the record.

"If a ten-year-old can make 'Love in This Club' and save Usher's career and make black women want to f*ck him again, after they was done with him for getting married, then sh*t he's a genius just like me," Polow said. "I also wrote the hook - that's not a preset."

While he's taken flack in recent months for leaking "Love in This Club" before it was set to drop, many of his detractors were silenced after the song made Billboard history by reaching #1 in record time.

"I can charge six figures because I make companies hundreds of millions of dollars," Polow explained. "It's a small percentage of earnings. I'm one of the most influential people in music, not just on the production side, behind the scenes! Even me having the balls to leak an Usher record -- I put my career and my relationship on the line, but I did that all because I really believed in the music. "

"It went number one in three weeks," he boasted! "Mariah Carey was planned, Janet Jackson was planned, money was put behind those projects. This record was shipped from my computer in my hotel room."

After admitting to leaking "Love in This Club," suspicion immediately fell on Polow last week when a couple of previously unreleased Beyoncé tracks hit the net, however Polow denies any role in that.

"They are probably saying that so it will go number one in three weeks, but that's probably somebody that's on over there, trying to make it seem like I leaked it," Polow said.

Always hard at work, Polow Da Don says times are good for music fans, who can look forward to hearing his recent collaboration with Nas, Lil' Wayne and John Legend soon, as well as the upcoming album from his Zone 4 artist Keri Hilson.

Didnt see this posted yet so dont hit me with the double psted bulls***

This is too funny, who cares where he got the sounds from, someone still needs to mesh it together. I mean I don't see the big deal.

He sound a little pissed off but I feel him tho. Theres a lot of the new keyboards that come with VSTs and loops from all kind of software soft synths. Ya boyTimbo uses stuff like that all the time. Heck even The Neptunes used a fruity loops stock sound to make a track for Ludacris. 9th Wonder uses Fruity Loops andSoulja Boy (love him or hate him) used a free demo of Fruity Loops to make millions. So its not what you use its how you use it I guess (no $%$@)

i don't care where or how he made the song.

the song is hot, end of story.

"If a ten-year-old can make 'Love in This Club' and save Usher's career and make black women want to f*ck him again, after they was done with him for getting married, then sh*t he's a genius just like me," Polow said. "I also wrote the hook - that's not a preset."

While he's taken flack in recent months for leaking "Love in This Club" before it was set to drop, many of his detractors were silenced after the song made Billboard history by reaching #1 in record time.

"I can charge six figures because I make companies hundreds of millions of dollars," Polow explained. "It's a small percentage of earnings. I'm one of the most influential people in music, not just on the production side, behind the scenes! Even me having the balls to leak an Usher record -- I put my career and my relationship on the line, but I did that all because I really believed in the music. "
laugh.gif

That boy Polow a fool out here....

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
in no way shape or form is "Big Shot" Robert Horry alegend...sorry fam i gotta disagree with you on that but back to Fat Joe

i'd be mad too if my beat was made in 20 seconds on youtube like that.

I really don't like that song though, so it's somewhat irrelevant to me

"I also wrote the hook - that's not a preset."

Cool, Polow, I'm sure a 3rd grader can write something similar to:
"I wanna make love in this club. in this club. in this club. in this cluuuuuuuuuuub"

I mean I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is you NT'ers make "Polow Da Don Appreciation" threads.
"Where has Polow Da Don been?!"

Like the dude is wack.

He ain't even make his 'hottest' beat which is Throw Some D's.

Like this guy sucks.

no respect after the carbon copy of Kelis' Bossy & Nicole Scherzinger w/ T.I. song. And also Fergie & Gwen Stefani's recycled beats.

i hate the dude a lot, but cant front on some of his work

no one else got paid 6 figures to put that song together, so let the man make his money while u stay broke

i never really liked him before, but that article really makes me wanna slap the @+%# out of his mama for not getting an abortion

What's with all the hate on Polow? I don't really know the story on any dirt with him so can someone fill me in??? I was walking around thinking he wasdope but some of ya'll are like he's the wackest thing on earth. What's the story with the Throw Some D's beat?? I have always thought thatbeat was complete fire.....he had help on that track??

YO! ^ It was co-produced (and credited as so). But a bunch of herbs seem to think he "stole" credit for it.
eyes.gif
And the dude just talks. It's mostly bark. But these cats want everybody tobe as humble as them.
"If a ten-year-old can make 'Love in This Club' and save Usher's career and make black women want to f*ck him again, after they was done with him for getting married, then sh*t he's a genius just like me," Polow said.
laugh.gif

Viva la Jim Crow. DF!!!

WOW Dude went in on Usher loosing his black female fan base.... cold i think Ush mite b sorta offended by the way it was put doe lol

But these cats want everybody to be as humble as them.

...I can't speak for these other cats, but as for myself, this Polow guy seems way in over his head. I personally haven't seen the youtube clip, orcared to much for the controversial Usher single. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and credit him for that track. All things considered, hestill does not hold a match to some of the more established producers in the industry. He doesn't have to humble his entire persona, but dude really needsa reality check, he's not as nearly as hot as he think he is, and the industry have a funny way of reminding artist that.

Originally Posted by WE LOVE 1989

I mean I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is you NT'ers make "Polow Da Don Appreciation" threads.
"Where has Polow Da Don been?!"

Like the dude is wack.

He ain't even make his 'hottest' beat which is Throw Some D's.

Like this guy sucks.

you know Goo?

Back
Top Bottom