Pontiac G8 GT Thoughts?

360hp
RWD
~32k

pontiac-g8-0208.jpg

I like it a lot. I sat in it today (dealer got a grey gt in yesterday) and it had a lot more front leg room than my altima which is suprising. I cant stretchmy leg all the way without touching anything in my altima and I can in this car. That is one thing I am picky about but few cars are like that. Besides that,it looks good, supposedly perform great, interior is not bad for GM. I don't think I could see myself in a pontiac but I am impressed. Especially thatdamn leg room lol. And more back seat room for that matter.

I don't know what they are going to sell for but sticker was only 1500-2k more than my altima, thought i couldn't realistically trade it in even if Iwanted to since Im sure Ive taken a huge hit in the 6 months I've owned it. I'll probably wait until I can afford an S4 anyway.

Thoughts?

Yeah but the altima and especially the altima coupe look alot better than that pontiac.....so I'll stick with my A-coupe.

Originally Posted by supra97RX7

you stretch your leg all the way out?
eek.gif

unless you mean in the passenger side front seat.

Yep seat is back all the way in almost every car i drive. And Im only 6 feet tall.

Did you forget, this is NT, the biggest group of haters towards American cars. Performance wise it's a beast, say it's the best car Pontiac has madesince the original GTO.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Did you forget, this is NT, the biggest group of haters towards American cars. Performance wise it's a beast, say it's the best car Pontiac has made since the original GTO.
AMERICAN CARS SUCK

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Originally Posted by supra97RX7

you stretch your leg all the way out?
eek.gif

unless you mean in the passenger side front seat.

Yep seat is back all the way in almost every car i drive. And Im only 6 feet tall.

hm. well something leads me to believe that you sit too far back. though i suppose in the end it comes down to your preference.
Did you forget, this is NT, the biggest group of haters towards American cars. Performance wise it's a beast, say it's the best car Pontiac has made since the original GTO.

if i had to lease or rent one, there's no question that i'd take this G8 over my 91 celica.

but if owning, then i'd pick the celica.

if you like it thats all that matters. id take that over this crappy integra i got right now

I forgot which magazine it was, Car and Driver, or Automobile, one of the two, they did a comparison between this and a Charger R/T. The Pontiac won in prettymuch every category that matters (price, hp, 0-60, etc.). This is by far the best car Pontiac has put out in a very long time and looks very good. The G6...notso much. GTO????? This is a very nice car overall and well worth what you pay for imo.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

I forgot which magazine it was, Car and Driver, or Automobile, one of the two, they did a comparison between this and a Charger R/T. The Pontiac won in pretty much every category that matters (price, hp, 0-60, etc.). This is by far the best car Pontiac has put out in a very long time and looks very good. The G6...not so much. GTO????? This is a very nice car overall and well worth what you pay for imo.

Agreed, i read in an article online this G8 GT has a higher 0-60 and better handling than a Charger SRT8. Said it handles like a 5 series BMW with morepower. Side profile in graphite is lookin serious

g8show07041600mw2.jpg

Nice pic... does the g8 gt come in coupe if it looks somwthin like the 2005 gto then I might consssssider

- Too much bias up in this piece!
alien.gif

- I'll wait for the official word from: CarandDriver
Automobile
RoadandTrack
Motor Trend
Consumer Reports
My own test drive...

- This car is more of an import than domestic...and

- "American Cars Suck"; as far as what, exactly?!!???!!! or is that just the hip thing to say?

Originally Posted by CjMoney

360hp
RWD
~32k

I'll pass. After adding the options that you might want, interest, tax and license, you're gonna be looking at at least $37K.
sick.gif
IMO.

- "American Cars Suck"; as far as what, exactly?!!???!!! or is that just the hip thing to say?

Besides Cadillac, I wouldn't drive any other piece of crap (well some SUVs and Trucks i would) made by Dodge, Ford, GMC, Pontiac, etc...

Design looks pretty good, and it has decent performance specs from whats been stated so far. Its starting to look like GM may never get there act together withthe new RWD impalla and this looks like a nice alternative.

Back
Top Bottom