Portable harddrive help?

NT fam, I need some help finding a good deal on a portable hard drive. Doesn't have to be more than 500 gb's just a little extra to get me by. Also, those of you who use these, are they compatible with both PC and Mac? I have both a Macbook and a Dell Studio and just need to make sure I can use it with both OS'. Thanks in advance!

Portable hard drive?

Like an external?

Check out newegg, and yes, externals are compatible with PC and Macs.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Portable hard drive?

Like an external?

Check out newegg, and yes, externals are compatible with PC and Macs.

Yes sir! That's what I meant and I've checked Newegg. I was just seeing if anyone had any deals. And thanks for the info!

If Apple put one out this thread would be 2+ pages easy with multiple cosigns.

Originally Posted by mp3911

If Apple put one out this thread would be 2+ pages easy with multiple cosigns.

roll.gif
roll.gif
I was just reading that dudes thread about laptop suggestions. My personal favorite was when the guy asked for a laptop between 500-600 dollars and they're telling him MBP all the way and stuff. I agree Macs are nice, but not everyone can ball like that.

^
laugh.gif

We do have an Official PC Thread for these kinds of questions, fyi.

Anyway OP, I think WD makes Mac-compatible External HDDs that work Macs right out of the box. But that is the pricey route.

Other than that... you can just buy a regular External HDD and format it as FAT32 before you use it on your Mac. But there are limitations going that route. Check this out to see what I mean: http://guides.macrumors.com/Hard_Drive

Thanks everyone!
pimp.gif
And yeah, I was gonna ask in the Official PC thread but since I'm asking for one that will be compatible with a Mac and a PC I just wanted to avoid that whole debate. Haha. onewearz, I'll PM you.

Back
Top Bottom