Possible "hidden" motivation for Suns deal for Shaq

From AZCENTRAL.COM

That's a potential $33.1 million off the Suns' salary cap in a year the free-agent class could - depending upon who exercises their options - include players such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Michael Redd, Richard Hamilton, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson.

So the Suns, whether or not the Shaq trade works, conceivably could rebuild around Amaré Stoudemire that summer by signing a major free agent or two.

Of course, that assumes that the Suns don't extend either Shaq or Nash and that Stoudemire doesn't exercise his player option to become a free agent that summer.
Now, there's a few names in there that obviously the Suns wouldn't ever get because they're trash - Dirk, Josh Howard, and RatBastard...

But that's an intriguing list.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lets face it guy. ill be 90 yrs old by the time the suns wins a championship.. thats 70 yrs from now..
And you'll be 150 by the time the Fakers win another one.

Clearing cap space for Rip Hamilton or Michael Redd

laugh.gif

Wow, that's a hell of a FA class. As noted, Stoudemire could be a part of that class too.

honestly, how many big names are actually going to leave their team

but for sure lebron isnt going to leave the cavs

Too bad there isn't some long Shaq trade thread that this post could be put in.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

honestly, how many big names are actually going to leave their team

but for sure lebron isnt going to leave the cavs
You are kidding yourself if you don't think LeBron is going to leave in 2010(or when ever his contract is up)

They need a another big man (who know if shaq can't run in a year or two) who can protect the paint and rebound....the only one I see is Chandler

id think stoudemire would be one of the people who would leave their team. i cant see the suns being very good if nash starts to decline

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

From AZCENTRAL.COM

That's a potential $33.1 million off the Suns' salary cap in a year the free-agent class could - depending upon who exercises their options - include players such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Michael Redd, Richard Hamilton, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson.

So the Suns, whether or not the Shaq trade works, conceivably could rebuild around Amaré Stoudemire that summer by signing a major free agent or two.

Of course, that assumes that the Suns don't extend either Shaq or Nash and that Stoudemire doesn't exercise his player option to become a free agent that summer.
Now, there's a few names in there that obviously the Suns wouldn't ever get because they're trash - Dirk, Josh Howard, and Rat Bastard...

But that's an intriguing list.

Who's rat bastard?

^Ginobili

I think Joe Johnson is probably the most realistic option on that list come 2010.
Lebron will most likely go to the Nets or Knicks so he can get that big bonus from Nike.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

Who's rat bastard?

Manu%20Ginobili.jpg
rat-bastard-web.jpg

Oh
laugh.gif
Even though I hate the guy, Rat Bastard actually played BIGtonight against Cleaveland.
pimp.gif

On topic, I can't wait for Shaq'sSuns debut. I wonder how this whole thing works out. Plus,
laugh.gif
@DeveanGeorge denying a trade to get JKidd to the Mavs.

I don't see LeBron wanting to play for the Suns. not big market enough, imo....(nothing against pheonix of course). i still think he'll be a knick,laker or bull, something along those lines

Originally Posted by acidicality

i still think he'll be a knick, laker or bull, something along those lines

a Laker? I can see him going to the Knicks, Nets, Bulls, or staying with the Cavs if they start playing better and Ferry brings in some FA's..... but Ican't see him as a Laker, mainly for financial reasons.... but I don't know how LeBron/Kobe would work out... although if they both put their egosaside, that would be a scary combination
eek.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
with Bynum and Gasol inthe middle....
nerd.gif
damn.....

although I understand what you meant was the fact that he would want to play in a big market city...

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lets face it guy. ill be 90 yrs old by the time the suns wins a championship.. thats 70 yrs from now..
And you'll be 150 by the time the Fakers win another one.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Now, there's a few names in there that obviously the Suns wouldn't ever get because they're trash - Dirk, Josh Howard, and Rat Bastard
I can see how you think Dirk and Manu are trash because it is easy to hate them but Josh Howard?
grin.gif
I'd take Howard or Manu any day before Dirk though.

I can't see Rip leavin Detroit but if it did happen the Suns would be a good fit for someone who can run all day.

Back
Top Bottom