\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

theres a dude that traded his r8v10 for a m6 tho
photo.jpg

theres a dude that traded his r8v10 for a m6 tho
photo.jpg

I'm sure there's a guy out there who traded his lambo for a prius.

My brother has the r8v10 and he complains about it having issues all the time, maybe that's the reason why.

At the end of the day, that guy downgraded, and that's the last thing i'm trying to do in life...

Last edited:
Quick question. My boy's japanese econobox auto transmission went out on him cuz he overfilled the ATF. Should he get it rebuilt or replace it with a used transmission? The rebuild will cost $200 more and has a 1 year warranty he said

Question for yall..

I purchased a 2014 camaro in late August and lately when I'm making a u turn to turn into my apt complex my engine is shutting off completely. Now I know GM recalled my canaria but they said it was because of the key fob ..my key isn't connected to the key fob. So is this still attributed to the recall or is it something different ?
I'd take it to the dealership. I don't think it has anything to do with your key. Any Camaro you purchase from a dealership is required to have the recall done and all they do is separate the key blade from the fob. Sounds like your problem is different from that.

Last edited:
thehavik thehavik @yanky

I'm admittedly a car noob when it comes to the inside specs and etc so unfortunately not going to be of much detailed info to you :lol:

But overall I thought my TL was a great car for reliability and value. It was just that my TL was an older car with higher mileage so these repairs/services I was going to need to get done soon are more in line with being an older car rather than b/c it was a p.o.s.

I know I had to get the bushings replaced, the brake hoses, something with the power steering and couple other things.

I also just replaced the timing belt and battery the year before too so that was another hefty service I paid for.

My TL was a 2006 and at 111,000 miles. Bought it back in 2012 when it was at 85,000 miles so I say if you can find one with the lower mileage like you said, it's a good buy in my opinion provided you buy one that's obviously clean. I got mine for about $11,000 with a warranty.

So I give the TL a nod of approval if you've been looking at them. Only reason I switched from TL to the G37 is b/c I'm not fan of how the last gen of TL's (2009-2013) look. The previous gen (2004-2008) looked way better imo so that's why I switched.

When I was car shopping, I was looking at G37's and the newer TSX's but fell in love with the G37.

The main reason I traded in for a newer car was b/c of the way I was looking at it as far as how much money I'm sinking in. That $1500 I'd have to eventually spend all that stuff is literally 6 car payments for me on the TL so the way I looked at it; I'm adding on 6 car payments for a car that's depreciating (like all cars do) by the day. A year or two from now I was likely gonna be looking for a newer car anyway so in hindsight; that $1500 spent on the repairs would have been almost a waste when I could have used that money to put towards a down payment on a newer car. So that's basically what I did by trading it in so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

I know one perspective is that after the $1500 repairs and paying off the car (which I would have had completed in a year) is that I'd be done making car payments and moving on but like I was saying; this being an older car; I was very likely gonna be car shopping soon anyway so I might as well have done it now to avoid spending that $1500.

I'm fortunate enough with my career to be able to handle continue having a car payment and still live comfortably so getting into the G37 wasn't a drastic change for me. It came out to about $60 more than my monthly TL car payment was.

The dealership lowballed me for $5000 on the TL the first night I came by to check out the G37 so after not being able to make them go any higher, I walked away and told em I'd keep looking. I emailed the salesman couple days later and made up a story that several other places were offering me $7000 for my TL so if he wanted to make a sale; to match that offer and he'd have a deal from me and he did.

Last edited:
Agree the 04-08 TLs look way better then the 09+. They really messed it up. The 09+ TSX looks really nice though. And they come in the option of v6

Quick question. My boy's japanese econobox auto transmission went out on him cuz he overfilled the ATF. Should he get it rebuilt or replace it with a used transmission? The rebuild will cost $200 more and has a 1 year warranty he said

Rebuild is always better because at the end of the day, you can go back to the shop who worked on it if he has any issues. Used might be fine but, life is like a box of chocolates.

Agree the 04-08 TLs look way better then the 09+. They really messed it up. The 09+ TSX looks really nice though. And they come in the option of v6
yup the 4th gen TLs are hideous :x

whoever approved that design should be fired

on the other hand, the 3rd gen is :pimp:

One more pic of the new wheels. Loving the fitment of them but i will be going to a wider tire once these tires are done. Not a big endorser of tire stretch but i'm not gonna just throw away these brand new Hankooks that came on the rims and the size isn't too awful

15974949387_c39b4771ed_h.jpg

Last edited:
yup the 4th gen TLs are hideous
sick.gif

whoever approved that design should be fired

on the other hand, the 3rd gen is
pimp.gif

yea man 4th gen is awful. mainly the rear end. But i love the 09+ TSX. and since it comes in a V6 unlike the previous gen TSX, it basically is a TL.

and yea the 3rd gen TL's are super clean. i currently have an 04 white one as my DD. But i'm selling it to get a 04-08 TSX since its very close to the same car but better gas mileage.  

Last edited:
yea man 4th gen is awful. mainly the rear end. But i love the 09+ TSX. and since it comes in a V6 unlike the previous gen TSX, it basically is a TL.

and yea the 3rd gen TL's are super clean. i currently have an 04 white one as my DD. But i'm selling it to get a 04-08 TSX since its very close to the same car but better gas mileage.  

Yea, the rear on the 4th gen TLs are :stoneface:

If they had similar build as the 3rd gen, I'd most likely have just traded in for a newer TL instead of the G37.

I loved the 3rd gen ones. That was my dream car (dream car in a realistic sense; not talking about dream car lambo or rarri's) when I was in high school (around the time they came out) and it was :pimp: being able to drive and own one for the last almost 3 years. Gonna miss it lol.

Last edited:
The beak in the front aint much better either...

4th gen TL is trash. A mockery of its former self.

That's what I told him too. If he buys a used one and it's damaged, he's back at square one. At least with the rebuild he's covered for a year. If the rebuild doesn't work out he can later buy a used transmission and have the shop take care of the labor without charging him as leverage if they don't do the rebuild right. The used trannies for his car cost about $1,000 so they're not that pricey

Rebuild is always better because at the end of the day, you can go back to the shop who worked on it if he has any issues. Used might be fine but, life is like a box of chocolates.

Last edited:
Sold my mk4 gti in 45 minutes on Craigslist that's a record for me. I'm good at listings but damn. :lol:

No dude. This had a blown head gasket. Needed 1k in suspension work and isn't drivable. I mean I guess I could have got 400 more tops but time is money. It wasn't my week with that car and I was sick of looking at it. :lol:

Last edited:
MK4s :smokin

Those cars tend to move quick, a wide range of people buy them ( at least in my area ).

Looks like ima trade in my Grand Cherokee in the next 2 years for a SRT :lol: :smh:

Little baller from the u of m got it. I had to drop off the lean release. Full of clean German cars looking like they rolled out of the factory on four thousand dollar BBS. I'm happy it went to him. He's gonna do a good job on it. :pimp: him and his bro def have been in the scene a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom