\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Let's just stop the M4 leather comments. BMW offers cloth and manual seats for purists who want weight reduction. There's plenty of people out there who spec out their cars specifically for the track, with cloth seats, manual seats etc. You will never just find one like that at the dealership, they need to be ordered. And to be perfectly honest it sh*ts on whatever cloth you see in a domestic, let's just be realistic.

(Edit: Manual seats are no longer offered, but they have been on every M3/M4 model in the past, as well as sunroof delete and other lighweight options)
Nobody is choosing cloth over leather for weight reduction, I've heard it all :lol: . If anything, you could make an argument that "purists" prefer cloth because you wouldn't slide around in the seat as much when you're at the track, versus leather. But for weight reduction? Nah, the difference would be like 2 or 3 pounds at most.

few of my adult friends 20-23 (amateur boxers) are 5'8 and will lay out 90% of nters .....i said after that post that i can see how people out of my crew who are 6'1-6'4+ will have problems in my backseat . i said me and my friends are manlets jokingly , im 27 years old and im 5'10 ......so yeah if you quoted my post , then your illiterate for your response......

:lol:

I'm 6'2, like 3 and change :lol:... Ain't no way I'm getting in that backseat without being stuck there permanently :lol:...

Let's just stop the M4 leather comments. BMW offers cloth and manual seats for purists who want weight reduction. There's plenty of people out there who spec out their cars specifically for the track, with cloth seats, manual seats etc. You will never just find one like that at the dealership, they need to be ordered. And to be perfectly honest it sh*ts on whatever cloth you see in a domestic, let's just be realistic.

(Edit: Manual seats are no longer offered, but they have been on every M3/M4 model in the past, as well as sunroof delete and other lighweight options)
Nobody is choosing cloth over leather for weight reduction, I've heard it all :lol: . If anything, you could make an argument that "purists" prefer cloth because you wouldn't slide around in the seat as much when you're at the track, versus leather. But for weight reduction? Nah, the difference would be like 2 or 3 pounds at most.

The manual adjustable seats are the real weight saver... The motors under and in the seat are quite heavy... I think I remover seeing on top gear that each "luxury" seat adds 50lbs over a Recaro... That would obviously have been last gen since you said they're not offered, but still...

That's glass transition for you. Summer tires aren't designed to resist glass transition like A/S and winter tires. It's like driving on PVC instead of rubber especially if it's wet. All seasons are doable but winter tires work wonders in cold weather.

Looking at the forecast it looks like winter will finally break next week. I wanna detail the whip and do a couple minor things but it hasn't been warm enough.

Same here! I want to do a detail + oil change. Going to try soon hopefully

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I'm 6'2, like 3 and change
laugh.gif
... Ain't no way I'm getting in that backseat without being stuck there permanently
laugh.gif
The manual adjustable seats are the real weight saver... The motors under and in the seat are quite heavy... I think I remover seeing on top gear that each "luxury" seat adds 50lbs over a Recaro... That would obviously have been last gen since you said they're not offered, but still...
thats why after i posted that i never had problems , my tallest friend is 6'2 , srs ....we manlets b , we all 5'9-5'11 :frown: so i know how a dude like you would get stuck lmao 

:lol:

I'm 6'2, like 3 and change :lol: ... Ain't no way I'm getting in that backseat without being stuck there permanently :lol: ...

thats why after i posted that i never had problems , my tallest friend is 6'2 , srs ....we manlets b , we all 5'9-5'11 :frown: so i know how a dude like you would get stuck lmao 

Yeah I'm a cheerio :lol:... Had to ride in the back seat of a mid 90's Celica years ago... It was miserable and my nuts were on my chin...

Back seat of Mini Cooper was amazing comfortable... Like, back straight and legs not cramped... I was :wow: :wow: :wow:... Getting in and out was shameful tho :lol:....

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a cheerio
laugh.gif
... Had to ride in the back seat of a mid 90's Celica years ago... It was miserable and my nuts were on my chin...

Back seat of Mini Cooper was amazing comfortable... Like, back straight and legs not cramped... I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
... Getting in and out was shameful tho
laugh.gif
my buddy had i think an 02 turbo s mini cooper and that cars perfomance  and interior space was impressive to say the least....once again bmw trumps lol jk dont get mad car thread ( you know who im talking to ) and start mentioning my xanax recreational habits lol ...

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a cheerio
laugh.gif
... Had to ride in the back seat of a mid 90's Celica years ago... It was miserable and my nuts were on my chin...

Back seat of Mini Cooper was amazing comfortable... Like, back straight and legs not cramped... I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
... Getting in and out was shameful tho
laugh.gif
backseat of an m3 is wayyy bigger than of a mid 90's celica....i kno about those celica gt's lol 

its debatable atleast , but for me personally .....cutlass and regals with some 350 ls1 souped up on some 24's tucked (lowered a bit instead of lift , lower the back a few inches more and leave the front a bit higher) on 25 series tires >>>>>>

Yep, I'd believe that. I used to be an apprentice auto upholsterer a ways back, I know what cloth and leather seat covers weigh. But you're right, those big *** motors and servos on the bottom can be quite heavy.

I like big *** boats anyway it don't matter to me
laugh.gif
feel you man , i cant front my friend whos in jail now had a 72 donk that we used to take to KOD pearl white paint (strong blue pearl) , black top vert , white leather interior , full custom interior dash , 454 engine everything (miami style) , tucked on some forgi 24's ....man the girls on i-95 giving us their numbers on their own , srs 7 different cars full of girls and everytime it was on friday or saturday on i-95 on the way to KOD 

I'm 5'8....

its debatable atleast , but for me personally .....cutlass and regals with some 350 ls1 souped up on some 24's tucked (lowered a bit instead of lift , lower the back a few inches more and leave the front a bit higher) on 25 series tires >>>>>>
talking g bodies ?gimmie a cutlass with the olds rallye wheels widen a bit with a 350 made into a 383

Raised a bit in the rear :pimp:

G-bodies are OK, but I'm more of a 60's American car kinda guy myself. Although I have owned 4 G-bodies in the past. Florida loves those ghetto rides on them big "thangs" :lol: . Honestly though, when they're done right, like how you're talking, I don't mind em. It's those cars with ridiculous lift kits, nascar paint jobs, and huge wheels on rubber bands that kill me.

I like big *** boats anyway it don't matter to me :lol:
feel you man , i cant front my friend whos in jail now had a 72 donk that we used to take to KOD pearl white paint (strong blue pearl) , black top vert , white leather interior , full custom interior dash , 454 engine everything (miami style) , tucked on some forgi 24's ....man the girls on i-95 giving us their numbers on their own , srs 7 different cars full of girls and everytime it was on friday or saturday on i-95 on the way to KOD 
Daaaamn :lol: that's dope

Donks are cool if they are done right

But my cousin had a g body cutlass that paint went from yellow green to orange on 26s :x
Same time I saw that car I saw another one driving another direction with a superman theme

Even had the cape on the trunk blowing in the wind :lol: it was kinda dope.

G-bodies are OK, but I'm more of a 60's American car kinda guy myself. Although I have owned 4 G-bodies in the past. Florida loves those ghetto rides on them big "thangs"
laugh.gif
. Honestly though, when they're done right, like how you're talking, I don't mind em. It's those cars with ridiculous lift kits, nascar paint jobs, and huge wheels on rubber bands that kill me.
the ones with shrek / winnie the pooh airbrushed on some cheap wannabe candy paint with a $500 lift kit....or spacers even worse lmfao .......no make that thang tuck on some 10 inch lip 24x12 forgiatos / 25 series tires / blacked out.....ill do it to a grand national lmao . you know what i mean .

Daaaamn
laugh.gif
that's dope

But my cousin had a g body cutlass that paint went from yellow green to orange on 26s
sick.gif

Same time I saw that car I saw another one driving another direction with a superman theme

Even had the cape on the trunk blowing in the wind
laugh.gif
it was kinda dope.
i just said the same thing LMAO i sware theres a few with shrek / nightmare on christmas dude / winnie the pooh / spongebob / stitch / mcdonalds!!! / newport // blue clues 
roll.gif

NOOOOO GIVE ME  tucked ORRRR lifted GM with a v8 on 24-26s , lifted or tucked but painted pearl white / black / or a classy color for example marrakesh brown with a tan top that a buddy of mine had with peanut butter guts 
pimp.gif

Daaaamn :lol: that's dope

But my cousin had a g body cutlass that paint went from yellow green to orange on 26s :x

Even had the cape on the trunk blowing in the wind :lol: it was kinda dope.
i just said the same thing LMAO i sware theres a few with shrek / nightmare on christmas dude / winnie the pooh / spongebob / stitch / mcdonalds!!! / newport // blue clues :rofl:

NOOOOO GIVE ME  tucked ORRRR lifted GM with a v8 on 24-26s , lifted or tucked but painted pearl white / black / or a classy color for example marrakesh brown with a tan top that a buddy of mine had with peanut butter guts :pimp:
I feel it though

I'd rather ride completely stock though Really, I'd make it a sleeper

Black steeleies
Skinniest all around
Punches out sbc with a huge turbo

Back
Top Bottom