\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i gotta be honest.

it's amazing to me that people like these cars.  Borderline shocking.  i 100% do not get it
It's not that shocking when you think about it. The reason people buy these cars is simple, nostalgia! When I was a teen, those big 70s and 80s sleds were cool, and were relatively affordable. It's why I owned 4 80's G-bodies. I know plenty of people from back then that liked those cars, but for some reason or another, never could afford one to fix up. So, those people grow up, get good jobs and now have money, and guess what, they still want to scratch that itch and own one. This cycle has repeated itself over and over, and will continue to repeat itself, for every new generation. The same thing happened with baby boomers, when they grew up 60s and 70s muscle cars were very cool, but many of them could not afford one, or just never bought one.

Plenty of people still love old E30 BMW's as well. Just different crowds, it depends who you grew up around, and what they were into. Personally, those old BMW's do nothing for me. But that's because I grew up around guys that were into lowriders.

Last edited:

i gotta be honest.

it's amazing to me that people like these cars.  Borderline shocking.  i 100% do not get it
It's not that shocking when you think about it. The reason people buy these cars is simple, nostalgia! When I was a teen, those big 70s and 80s sleds were cool, and were relatively affordable. It's why I owned 4 80's G-bodies. I know plenty of people from back then that liked those cars, but for some reason or another, never could afford one to fix up. So, those people grow up, get good jobs and now have money, and guess what, they still want to scratch that itch and own one. This cycle has repeated itself over and over, and will continue to repeat itself, for every new generation. The same thing happened with baby boomers, when they grew up 60s and 70s muscle cars were very cool, but many of them could not afford one, or just never bought one.

Plenty of people still love old E30 BMW's as well. Just different crowds, it depends who you grew up around, and what they were into. Personally, those old BMW's do nothing for me. But that's because I grew up around guys that were into lowriders.
This does make total sense. It just still shocks me that those particular cars have that effect on anyone.  I just don't get it, all i think of when i see a car like that is grandmothers

This does make total sense. It just still shocks me that those particular cars have that effect on anyone.  I just don't get it, all i think of when i see a car like that is grandmothers
its a south thing , we grow up broke compared to the north in florida / atlanta / texas  etc........we get our grandpas , or buy a  caprice that an old man barely drove as our first car at 15-16 , start working / hustling .....hook it up and you got a jet black painted / 24 tucked forgiato / 350 chevy engine (tank) , with some speed and space,  and the girls LOVE THEM IN THESE STATES , including the ugly painted ones.

i gotta be honest.

and that's who has them in mint condition

I feel it though

I'd rather ride completely stock though Really, I'd make it a sleeper

Black steeleies
Skinniest all around
Punches out sbc with a huge turbo
different tastes in that sense , but its a miami thing papi , if we have a v8 chevy , were putting 24's and for the low . lol just miss me with the ugly paint the black boys ( no racist ) use .....the chicos in miami be building some of the cleanest donks/gbodies/lowriders in the game . 

and that's who has them in mint condition
perfect in reference to the post i made above this quoted one .....you can buy this in miami for 3-4k with like 40k miles or less , owned by a grandpa that drives twice a month for groceries , 6 times a month if he goes to his doctor alot , 2k on 24s , cut some springs , and bam....and i think thats ragtop ....with the stock wheels and the whitewalls......beautiful stock , plus the sound of the flowmasters with the 350 >>> 

i support old school chevy grandma cars , but im a badge flosser 
roll.gif
   lol that thread was hilarious 

Da coupes is classic.

Hell i remember dealers scoopin up all black and navy and black police cars off auction in NYC all day long in their prime.

534167110.jpg

Its blue collar luxury that can be pretty muscle cars if LS swaps are given
da ninja with the knowledge , AWESOME car , TANK reliability wise , super comfort and can be made to go VERYYYY FAST 

Last edited:
I wouldn't swap an ls in it
Mild build on a 350 or 454

Beef up the rest of the drive train and suspension keeping it looking stock on the outside

Anybody ever own a procharged car? Im gonna go look at a 98 procharged forumula firebird on monday and have never owned one and am looking for tips on what to look for besides the basics. It has 76k miles so unknowning when the procharger was put on i can imagine that its still fine as the ls engine is reliable but my concern is the procharger. Anybody got any experience or knowledge they could share while i research?

Beef up the rest of the drive train and suspension keeping it looking stock on the outside

Why would you put a carbed 350 or 454 when ls1's outperform them with better fuel economy (fuel injection is a godsend..cold winters w/ carbs were a NIGHTMARE) lighter aluminum block thats waaay smaller, not to mention they go fassst, and at this point, so much more after market support.

even if the procharger breaks you can repair it and the engine will still run ...which the engine wont break down .

Why would you put a carbed 350 or 454 when ls1's outperform them with better fuel economy (fuel injection is a godsend..cold winters w/ carbs were a NIGHTMARE) lighter aluminum block thats waaay smaller, not to mention they go fassst, and at this point, so much more after market support.
yeah....ls1 > 

its a south thing , we grow up broke compared to the north in florida / atlanta / texas  etc........we get our grandpas , or buy a  caprice that an old man barely drove as our first car at 15-16 , start working / hustling .....hook it up and you got a jet black painted / 24 tucked forgiato / 350 chevy engine (tank) , with some speed and space,  and the girls LOVE THEM IN THESE STATES , including the ugly painted ones.
Not just a south thing pleighboi its a hood thing. If i ever go foreign best believe ima slap some gold forgiato like cookie :pimp:

Not just a south thing pleighboi its a hood thing. If i ever go foreign best believe ima slap some gold forgiato like cookie
pimp.gif
black with those wheels is acceptable , get that orange out of here , and those are NOT forgiato i think ....wheres da lip?!

Simple I like the way it looks and sounds

I mean yeah you can drop a 4.8 or a 5.3 and give it the retro fit but it won't have that sbc exhaust note :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom