\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

14-singer-911-sonoma-e1447427228927.jpg

chevrolet-camaro-yenko-sc-sport-coupe.2000x1333.Aug-01-2013_18.33.03.119955.jpg

c09f1875bbd354718754dde5b269064e.jpg

porsche-gt3-rs-supercar-1.jpg
I can get down with EVERYTHING in the picture. Good lord that porsche looks so sexy in orange :pimp:

you can get an 08-10 e92 m3 with 50k miles for like 30k.......thats a STEAL considering this car will hold or increase value . 

Those e92's will probably stay around $25k for a while, but I doubt they'll increase in value (the same thing happened with the e36 and e46). But damn, I remember when I was in the market for a car in the e92's price range around '08, but it was rare to see them without a crazy dealer markup. Dudes were seriously paying damn near $100k lol.

The SS vs M4 comparison reminds me of the GT vs M3 comparison from 32453q5 pages back. The M3 beat the Mustang around a track by less than a second, but cost almost twice as much. The M3 was more refined, but the GT was more fun to drive... Basically, the same arguments were made against the Mustang/Ford/Domestics back then...yet people are now paying more for Shelby's and Boss 302's than those e92's of the same year.

Those e92's will probably stay around $25k for a while, but I doubt they'll increase in value (the same thing happened with the e36 and e46). But damn, I remember when I was in the market for a car in the e92's price range around '08, but it was rare to see them without a crazy dealer markup. Dudes were seriously paying damn near $100k lol.

The SS vs M4 comparison reminds me of the GT vs M3 comparison from 32453q5 pages back. The M3 beat the Mustang around a track by less than a second, but cost almost twice as much. The M3 was more refined, but the GT was more fun to drive... Basically, the same arguments were made against the Mustang/Ford/Domestics back then...yet people are now paying more for Shelby's and Boss 302's than those e92's of the same year.
ill be here 10 years from now , hopefully , but as long as im alive , mark my words ....e92 m3 will be what the supra is to toyota / what the nsx is to honda / what the rx-7 is to mazda etc.......and you kno what gen supras / rx7 im talking about pleighboi 

the last true m3

NA

only 3 series chassis / m3 to have a v8.

ill be here 10 years from now , hopefully , but as long as im alive , mark my words ....e92 m3 will be what the supra is to toyota / what the nsx is to honda / what the rx-7 is to mazda etc.......and you kno what gen supras / rx7 im talking about pleighboi 

the last true m3

NA

Nah, the E46 is the next to appreciate. Maybe the E9x will catch on, but I can see a lot of people still comparing it to a Stang/Camaro.

For that gen I'd choose the firebird

Has more character and design than the camaro

The camaro of that gen looks like something you'd throw at people . Like a pen cap or something .
I will agree that the firebird has more character, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing in its case :lol:

IMO, both of those cars aged HORRIBLY! I was only 7 when the 4th Gen debuted, (dating myself here :lol:) so I honestly don't know how they were received when new though. The good news, however, is both can be had for cheap (not including the ws6 or camaro ss), and are great platforms to mod.

Id argue 3rd gen >> 4th gen.

I love the look of the late 4th gen T/A's. They're so ostentatious and obnoxious looking. The older LT1 are a bit more subtle... just a bit. But I really like the over the top look of the later LS1 refresh.

The 6 speeds have maintained their value extremely well. I was looking them up on autotrader and clean low mile examples were still averaging 18-25k.

Mid refresh 3rd gens (85-90) are one of my favorite designs, not a fan of the 91/92 fascia though. They look too long and bubbly for a boxy car.

BMW E34 (94 525i)

One of my first cars was a 540 Touring (Wagon) in the same Arctic Gray color. Car was dope as hell with the panoramic roof, but riddled with electrical problems by 65k.

could get into a high mileage early gen for like 25k. Lower mileage for like 40k. I shouldve gotten one instead of my FRS 4 years ago

Current market for early year NSX you won't find one regardless of mileage under 30K unless its salvage.  High mileage >100K clean title hard to find under 40K.  Low mileage examples going well above 60K now.  02-05 models approaching 100K.  Should have got in 4 years ago, the NSX and Supra MKIV markets are out of control right now.  I'm sort of panicking looking for a clean MKIV Supra original TT 6-speed, most are NA or auto swaps and even those are going mid 30s at the moment. 

Have you considered looking into importing a RHD version? The price difference between the US market and everywhere else is insane.

IMO Mk4s are one of the most overrated and overpriced cars in the states. I never quite understood it. In stock form, they're an overweight grand tourer. They're capable of big power, but even for the cost of a mediocre Auto-NA Mk4, you could build a Turbo SC300 sleeper and have just as much, if not more fun. :lol:

hes saying the m3/m4 isnt the same type of car as a z06 so u cant really compare it since one only comes in 2 seats and the other only comes in 4 cmon :lol:
Well duh, we all know they're in different classes, no one was comparing a z06 to a M4. Which is why the M4 was compared to the Camaro SS. Which brings us right back to where we were.... with the M4 losing :lol:

will await nurburg times until then da M4 GTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7:28 what mustang/camaro? :lol:

:lol: Bruh... The GTS MSRP is what? Around 130k? And dealers will add how much of a "Market Adjustment" to that?

They're releasing how many? 400? Those things are all going to end up in peoples private collections and never get driven.

It's a shame these track ready cars usually end up locked away in someones garage.

I wouldn't swap an ls in it
Mild build on a 350 or 454

Beef up the rest of the drive train and suspension keeping it looking stock on the outside

Why would you put a carbed 350 or 454 when ls1's outperform them with better fuel economy (fuel injection is a godsend..cold winters w/ carbs were a NIGHTMARE) lighter aluminum block thats waaay smaller, not to mention they go fassst, and at this point, so much more after market support.

Da Sound b. Da sound.

I just love the way carb'd SBCs sound. Especially at idle and light throttle.

the last true m3

NA

No it wont. Prices haven't even bottomed out yet. It's going to be a LOOOONG time before they start to climb.

NSX's and FD's are purpose built sports cars from the ground up. They're some of the last marks representative of the era before pedestrian safety standards, fuel economy woes and electronic nannies. A time when the driving experience was valued over technology and raw power. Japanese cars of the 90s are already being immortalized akin to US muscle in the 60/late 70s (albeit for different reasons).

The e92 is fast, comfortable and capable, no doubt. But it's never going to be collectible on the level of 90s JDM classics.

Back
Top Bottom