\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The best part about owning a silver car is that even when it's dirty it's clean.

That silver :smokin

The best color
Honestly, I used to think silver was the worst color you could get in a car. Then I owned a silver Lightning, and you're right, I'd go weeks without washing it, and it would still look great. Made me come around a little on silver colored vehicles. Silver definitely works better on some vehicles then others, like on aggressive sports cars, it works, because the car looks bold and aggressive, and silver kinda tones down that aggressiveness and gives it a classy look. On a 4 door Camry, silver looks terrible, just makes a blah car look that much more boring.

Last edited:
NSX's and FD's are purpose built sports cars from the ground up. They're some of the last marks representative of the era before pedestrian safety standards, fuel economy woes and electronic nannies. A time when the driving experience was valued over technology and raw power. Japanese cars of the 90s are already being immortalized akin to US muscle in the 60/late 70s (albeit for different reasons).

The e92 is fast, comfortable and capable, no doubt. But it's never going to be collectible on the level of 90s JDM classics.

Not to mention that they made less than 10,000 NSX's in their 15 year run, and less than 15,000 MKIV Supras and FD RX7's. Not all of them are Turbo or Touring, so that leaves a small number that are sought after, and an even smaller number that aren't Fast and Furious'd out.

Check out these "new" e46 and e39, though.

Not to mention that they made less than 10,000 NSX's in their 15 year run, and less than 15,000 MKIV Supras and FD RX7's. Not all of them are Turbo or Touring, so that leaves a small number that are sought after, and an even smaller number that aren't Fast and Furious'd out.

Check out these "new" e46 and e39, though.
man i wouldn't mind picking up a e46 m3 manual, which are hard to find these days.

EAG is awesome, some of their prices are crazy but all their cars are guaranteed in top condition.

I think they have a buy back promise thing as well.

man i wouldn't mind picking up a e46 m3 manual, which are hard to find these days.
My boss and I are about to start building one into a track car. Nice low mileage unmolested car but it has no title so we have no choice but to build a track car.

My boss and I are about to start building one into a track car. Nice low mileage unmolested car but it has no title so we have no choice but to build a track car.
nice! post some pics when you guys start working on it.

I love the look of the late 4th gen T/A's. They're so ostentatious and obnoxious looking. The older LT1 are a bit more subtle... just a bit. But I really like the over the top look of the later LS1 refresh.

The 6 speeds have maintained their value extremely well. I was looking them up on autotrader and clean low mile examples were still averaging 18-25k.

Mid refresh 3rd gens (85-90) are one of my favorite designs, not a fan of the 91/92 fascia though. They look too long and bubbly for a boxy car.
One of my first cars was a 540 Touring (Wagon) in the same Arctic Gray color. Car was dope as hell with the panoramic roof, but riddled with electrical problems by 65k.
Have you considered looking into importing a RHD version? The price difference between the US market and everywhere else is insane.

IMO Mk4s are one of the most overrated and overpriced cars in the states. I never quite understood it. In stock form, they're an overweight grand tourer. They're capable of big power, but even for the cost of a mediocre Auto-NA Mk4, you could build a Turbo SC300 sleeper and have just as much, if not more fun.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Bruh... The GTS MSRP is what? Around 130k? And dealers will add how much of a "Market Adjustment" to that?

They're releasing how many? 400? Those things are all going to end up in peoples private collections and never get driven.

It's a shame these track ready cars usually end up locked away in someones garage.
Da Sound b. Da sound.

I just love the way carb'd SBCs sound. Especially at idle and light throttle.
No it wont. Prices haven't even bottomed out yet. It's going to be a LOOOONG time before they start to climb.

NSX's and FD's are purpose built sports cars from the ground up. They're some of the last marks representative of the era before pedestrian safety standards, fuel economy woes and electronic nannies. A time when the driving experience was valued over technology and raw power. Japanese cars of the 90s are already being immortalized akin to US muscle in the 60/late 70s (albeit for different reasons).

The e92 is fast, comfortable and capable, no doubt. But it's never going to be collectible on the level of 90s JDM classics.
i have a bad feeling youre right , but i have a good feeling that the e46 / e92 me will end up being "the cars to have" when you bring up those special cars like nsx / supra / fd rx7 .......sadly i think the e46 might have a better chance cause as much as i hate to admit it , the e46 cars aesthetics is undeniably more "timeless" than the e92 ....but the e92 is literally the only M3 that literally drives / feels different than any other M3 and for sure any future m3 (i wouldnt be surprised if the m4 is not LOVED in the long run and then they end up making the next m4 a bit bigger than their current one and stick a v8 with biturbos like i believe the newer m5 / m6's have ? 

tl:dr - i hope my car becomes one of those timeless classics like the nsx / THE only supra body worth mentioning / and the ONLY rx7 body worth mentioning (FD) thanks for reminding me ......no matter what though it might not become grail status (NSX/SUPRA/FDRX7).....but the e92 will forever be respected and "tradeable" for plenty of different cars when the time comes and i explore the option......sometimes i wonder if shouldve gotten the lexus isf (08-09 production only in us) the 5.0 v8 quad exhaust lexus is body......i think they only came in black and blue to be honest if i remember correctly but their quad exhaust design is VERY sexy how they stack 2 on each end of the rear 

and im sure if i put the supercharger and a few mods like coils / bags / wrap / wheels etc...that my cars "trade for other enthusiast cars" value would go up , like someone would give me a not 100% supra turbo or nsx but clean enough / stock enough to work on myself ......after driving the loaner since the engine blew and for about another 2 weeks....this thing is a 2016 , biturbo , pretty fast , you can actually hear the turbo in sport plus mode ...but still has NOTHING on my M3 .....my buddies e90 m3 the sedan 2010 with 60k miles and still the 2016 328i has NOTHING on just the "swagger" (sorry for lack of a better word ) or "character" of the m3 

illicit305 illicit305 you love the E92 for the V8 and that very reason is why "purists" don't treasure it. It'll be a WHILE before it's reached E30 status. Like I said earlier, the E46 is the next M3 to appreciate.

The Lexus quad exhaust is ugly imo, esp because its fake.

EAG be raping too. Cars like an E39 with 300 miles, while #veryrare shouldn't be $150k, and should be driven, not sitting. Im sure they'll need mechanical work after its purchased.

Last edited:
well i WILL have those mods and possibly more all i have is the corsa exhaust so far , i thought it was tuned but negative the day i blew the piston and cracked the block i reached the limiter ......still got 4 years and 3 months of warranty left , im at 94k and its valid up to 5 years / 125 miles so in like 10k miles i gotta knock back the miles a bit (towing industry trick , never buy a car for a towing company impound auction) so ill stretch my warranty through the complete finance.........as i mentioned before the 50k mile engine gets in this week , its at lauderdale bmw of pembroke pines , legit bmw dealer .......they are going to have to take out my own engine and put my new one , 2 questions and one is very dumb

1st question they going to give me the car repaired with brand new oil in the 50k used engine right ?  the warranty group ( name of extended warranty incase anyone wants to know , theyre legit , they gave me no problems and the car isnt supposed to have mods but their appraiser came and my corsa exhaust is dead obvious next to the other e92's it even says CORSA on the tips and he didnt mention nothing , all they asked was proof of oil change that my indy shop that does the oil changes faxed directly to the warrantyy group for me , i got the warranty threw car max so if you ever shop there , the company is legit and even is willing to have you recommend indy shops that will work with them with $$$ and that you trust , but i told them that honestly i paid for the warranty because the salesman gave me the comfort of knowing i can take it to a bmw dealer ....so the rep from the warranty group told me which dealer i was interested in and in south florida they had problems with braman / south motors / and lauderdale bmw ( the one in fort lauderdale ) mine is lauderdale bmw of pembroke pines , in broward , in pembroke pines though and not affiliated with lauderdale bmw , and the warranty groups rep was reading over some notes (i guess previous repairs / dealings with the dealer) and actually said that dealer is great compared to the other 3 who theyve had problems with..... but the question , when they give me my 50k mile engine car repaired , it will have fresh oil right obviously ?

2nd question........do you think my car will drive just as strong or maybe stronger ( lower miles ) since its being swapped out at a dealer as opposed to the OG engine being built at the factory ?  or do you think that the replacing of the engine by a human instead of machine can possibly cause a plethora of problems under the hood afterwards since it wasnt put into the engine bay in factory ? get my question , i know im bad at writing , im going back to school soon. i want to learn how to write better and how to explain my self in a more understandable form to the readers of what i write 

@iLLiCiT305 you love the E92 for the V8 and that very reason is why "purists" don't treasure it. It'll be a WHILE before it's reached E30 status. Like I said earlier, the E46 is the next M3 to appreciate.

EAG be raping too. Cars like an E39 with 300 miles, while #veryrare shouldn't be $150k, and should be driven, not sitting. Im sure they'll need mechanical work after its purchased.
yeah , i KNOW personally as a car lover , that the e46 will appreciate , and maybe in 10 years as people keep blowing motors without warranty or crashing / beating e92's up / and they start becoming rare , they will MAYBE surpass the e46 over the next 20ish years though where the e46 m3 is already almost where you can trade a modded e46 m3 for one of those grails if you find a person that wants the e46 you built ..

@iLLiCiT305 you love the E92 for the V8 and that very reason is why "purists" don't treasure it. It'll be a WHILE before it's reached E30 status. Like I said earlier, the E46 is the next M3 to appreciate.

What purists are you talking about? The majority love the V8 because its NA... The M4 is what started to separate the crowd because a lot do not like FI and the horrible exhaust note.

I love the E46 and like the E36 but I don't get the obsession over the E30 personally. 

Last edited:
[@=https://niketalk.com/members/77346"purists" don't treasure it. It'll be a WHILE before it's reached E30 status. Like I said earlier, the E46 is the next M3 to appreciate.

What purists are you talking about? The majority love the V8 because its NA... The M4 is what started to separate the crowd because a lot do not like FI and the horrible exhaust note.

I love the E46 and like the E36 but I don't get the obsession over the E30 personally. 
The ones who generally believe an M3 should have a powerful inline 6 cylinder engine. The E9x changed some characteristics that previous M3's had. They've all been NA up until the F8x, which doesn't compare to its predecessors.

well i WILL have those mods and possibly more all i have is the corsa exhaust so far , i thought it was tuned but negative the day i blew the piston and cracked the block i reached the limiter ......still got 4 years and 3 months of warranty left , im at 94k and its valid up to 5 years / 125 miles so in like 10k miles i gotta knock back the miles a bit (towing industry trick , never buy a car for a towing company impound auction) so ill stretch my warranty through the complete finance.........as i mentioned before the 50k mile engine gets in this week , its at lauderdale bmw of pembroke pines , legit bmw dealer .......they are going to have to take out my own engine and put my new one , 2 questions and one is very dumb

1st question they going to give me the car repaired with brand new oil in the 50k used engine right ?  the warranty group ( name of extended warranty incase anyone wants to know , theyre legit , they gave me no problems and the car isnt supposed to have mods but their appraiser came and my corsa exhaust is dead obvious next to the other e92's it even says CORSA on the tips and he didnt mention nothing , all they asked was proof of oil change that my indy shop that does the oil changes faxed directly to the warrantyy group for me , i got the warranty threw car max so if you ever shop there , the company is legit and even is willing to have you recommend indy shops that will work with them with $$$ and that you trust , but i told them that honestly i paid for the warranty because the salesman gave me the comfort of knowing i can take it to a bmw dealer ....so the rep from the warranty group told me which dealer i was interested in and in south florida they had problems with braman / south motors / and lauderdale bmw ( the one in fort lauderdale ) mine is lauderdale bmw of pembroke pines , in broward , in pembroke pines though and not affiliated with lauderdale bmw , and the warranty groups rep was reading over some notes (i guess previous repairs / dealings with the dealer) and actually said that dealer is great compared to the other 3 who theyve had problems with..... but the question , when they give me my 50k mile engine car repaired , it will have fresh oil right obviously ?

2nd question........do you think my car will drive just as strong or maybe stronger ( lower miles ) since its being swapped out at a dealer as opposed to the OG engine being built at the factory ?  or do you think that the replacing of the engine by a human instead of machine can possibly cause a plethora of problems under the hood afterwards since it wasnt put into the engine bay in factory ? get my question , i know im bad at writing , im going back to school soon. i want to learn how to write better and how to explain my self in a more understandable form to the readers of what i write 

You will get fresh oil

Depends on the dealership and who they have installing the motor. A lot of techs dont take their job serious but you dont have too many options since im sure the warranty company makes you go to BMW.

Id be more worried about engine components that were never serviced on the 50k motor

Not too familiar with the service intervals but water pumps, belts etc.

The ones who generally believe an M3 should have a powerful inline 6 cylinder engine. The E9x changed some characteristics that previous M3's had. They've all been NA up until the F8x, which doesn't compare to its predecessors.
Oh yeah thats true but I wouldn't call them powerful in the traditional sense personally.

You will get fresh oil

Depends on the dealership and who they have installing the motor. A lot of techs dont take their job serious but you dont have too many options since im sure the warranty company makes you go to BMW.

Id be more worried about engine components that were never serviced on the 50k motor

Not too familiar with the service intervals but water pumps, belts etc.
Nothing too special on service intervals from what the dealer told me. They even said that the transmission fluid should never be changed when I called and asked.

A powerful high revving engine, manual transmission, but above all else was its driving/handling. Anybody remember this ad?

i have a bad feeling youre right , but i have a good feeling that the e46 / e92 me will end up being "the cars to have" when you bring up those special cars like nsx / supra / fd rx7 .......sadly i think the e46 might have a better chance cause as much as i hate to admit it , the e46 cars aesthetics is undeniably more "timeless" than the e92 ....but the e92 is literally the only M3 that literally drives / feels different than any other M3 and for sure any future m3 (i wouldnt be surprised if the m4 is not LOVED in the long run and then they end up making the next m4 a bit bigger than their current one and stick a v8 with biturbos like i believe the newer m5 / m6's have ? 

tl:dr - i hope my car becomes one of those timeless classics like the nsx / THE only supra body worth mentioning / and the ONLY rx7 body worth mentioning (FD) thanks for reminding me ......no matter what though it might not become grail status (NSX/SUPRA/FDRX7).....but the e92 will forever be respected and "tradeable" for plenty of different cars when the time comes and i explore the option......sometimes i wonder if shouldve gotten the lexus isf (08-09 production only in us) the 5.0 v8 quad exhaust lexus is body......i think they only came in black and blue to be honest if i remember correctly but their quad exhaust design is VERY sexy how they stack 2 on each end of the rear 

No doubt, the e92 will always be desirable. The fact it's the last coupe M3 will definitely play in it's favor in the long run. The fact it's a v8 could really go either way. Some people love it because of that reason and others hate it. It will be interesting to see how it's future pans out. All M cars retain a certain premium though, so I wouldn't be too worried :lol:. I just don't see them hitting the iconic status of previous cars.

As for the Mk4 and FD being the only Supra and RX7 worth mentioning? .... Nah.

I've always favored the Mk3's looks to the 4th gen and FB's and FC's are respectable in their own right.

sany1377.jpg

A powerful high revving engine, manual transmission, but above all else was its driving/handling. Anybody remember this ad?

Da only way to get a V8 N/A coupe these days is go american or lexus if u still want da snob appeal. BMW was forcex to drop da V8 cuz of looney environmentalist policies over there in da E.U.

Back
Top Bottom