\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

No doubt, the e92 will always be desirable. The fact it's the last coupe M3 will definitely play in it's favor in the long run. The fact it's a v8 could really go either way. Some people love it because of that reason and others hate it. It will be interesting to see how it's future pans out. All M cars retain a certain premium though, so I wouldn't be too worried
laugh.gif
. I just don't see them hitting the iconic status of previous cars.

As for the Mk4 and FD being the only Supra and RX7 worth mentioning? .... Nah.

I've always favored the Mk3's looks to the 4th gen and FB's and FC's are respectable in their own right.

sany1377.jpg
for an M3 , only an mk4 or FD are worth mentioning , all supra turbos and all rotarys are cool , but those are the ONLY ones id consider honestly.

Yup. 325k units pre sold. Biggest release ever of any product. Bigger than Apple.

Last edited:

I think they were headed that way anyway, especially since the Obama Administration signed that deal for all cars to get at least 54.5 mpg by 2025. It's just a matter of the batteries being cheap enough to utilize on a bigger scale without sacrificing too much performance and keeping the cost relatively the same.

Went to a lecture done by a pioneer in the renewable energy industry (mainly on business/finance side).

His prediction is that proliferation of EVs will not only be promoted by carbon emissions, but also by how people manage and access energy. Basically cars will have two purposes, to provide transportation, but also to serve as mobile batteries to interconnect locally to where energy is consumed (cities, industrial areas, etc). A pretty interest insight from an industry leader (IMO).

He also believes his 1-yr old son will never need a driver's license, since self driving cars will become prevalent (in his eyes) in the next 2 decades, with automakers or 3rd parties providing driverless car services with Uber-like interface with customers.

This is mostly hinged on a breakthrough in energy storage and legislation to support deployment (which is tied to social acceptance to an extent).

Lots of potential changes on the horizon, and while not many appeal to car enthusiasts, the bigger picture stuff may impact many of our every day lives, timeframe notwithstanding

Last edited:
While obviously not in the same ballpark price wise... Ferrari, Maserati and Aston all offer NA coupes...

Aston and Ferrari won't be offering NA V8s for much longer.

V12 > V8...

I think they were headed that way anyway, especially since the Obama Administration signed that deal for all cars to get at least 54.5 mpg by 2025. It's just a matter of the batteries being cheap enough to utilize on a bigger scale without sacrificing too much performance and keeping the cost relatively the same.

This... We're already seeing hybrid technology being used as performance enhancements... I don't see the internal combustion engine going away anytime soon... I think we'll see a lot of 1 liter or smaller 3/4 cylinder turbos with a good deal if electric boost...

Fleet average has to be 54.5, not all cars. That still leaves room for sports cars with current tech but not much.

Fleet average has to be 54.5, not all cars. That still leaves room for sports cars with current tech but not much.

I wonder how Lamborghini, Ferrari, ect are going to get around this...

Went to a lecture done by a pioneer in the renewable energy industry (mainly on business/finance side).

His prediction is that proliferation of EVs will not only be promoted by carbon emissions, but also by how people manage and access energy. Basically cars will have two purposes, to provide transportation, but also to serve as mobile batteries to interconnect locally to where energy is consumed (cities, industrial areas, etc). A pretty interest insight from an industry leader (IMO).

He also believes his 1-yr old son will never need a driver's license, since self driving cars will become prevalent (in his eyes) in the next 2 decades, with automakers or 3rd parties providing driverless car services with Uber-like interface with customers.

This is mostly hinged on a breakthrough in energy storage and legislation to support deployment (which is tied to social acceptance to an extent).

Lots of potential changes on the horizon, and while not many appeal to car enthusiasts, the bigger picture stuff may impact many of our every day lives, timeframe notwithstanding

Thanks Obama :smh:
It's not fair.

yall can't take the v8 m8.

Back
Top Bottom