\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Cadillac v12

Holy **** i just spotted a NSX-R GT RHD

Theres only 5 in the world

]
Dude, incredible find if real!  I have my doubts though.  This was only produced in Japan in 2005 and they only made 5.  Selling price was 500K back then.  I don't know how this guy could get away with importation of a true NSX-R GT since it's now only 11 years old and legally it doesn't meet the 25 year importation rule.  More than likely its a 91 RHD imported with extensive NSX-R mods (the wheels look like BBS and not OEM NSX-R spec and the engine cover is HKS which is different from the NSX-R OEM engine cover).  It's actually fairly easy to source NSX-R parts in Japan and a lot of guys over in Japan and here in the states have done extensive modifications to mirror the NSX-R.  I converted my inside headliner/ A & B pillars along with shift boot to black OEM NSX-R in my 94 as my tan interior was looking really run down and dated.  The change-out totally transformed the inside cabin of my car and I love it!

Also not sure how Honda back then could justify the 500K price tag since its essentially the same 3.2L, 6-cylinder engine making the same horsepower (280) as the 97+ NSX's came with (although I think Spoon turbocharged one of the NSX-R GT's to make 420).  The main changes were a few carbon-fiber weight saving body parts, non-functional snorkel (kind of ridiculous looking), lighter wheels, and upgraded suspension.

Check this video out...Engine sounds insane, especially from inside the cabin:

Dude, incredible find if real!  I have my doubts though.  This was only produced in Japan in 2005 and they only made 5.  Selling price was 500K back then.  I don't know how this guy could get away with importation of a true NSX-R GT since it's now only 11 years old and legally it doesn't meet the 25 year importation rule.  More than likely its a 91 RHD imported with extensive NSX-R mods (the wheels look like BBS and not OEM NSX-R spec and the engine cover is HKS which is different from the NSX-R OEM engine cover).  It's actually fairly easy to source NSX-R parts in Japan and a lot of guys over in Japan and here in the states have done extensive modifications to mirror the NSX-R.  I converted my inside headliner/ A & B pillars along with shift boot to black OEM NSX-R in my 94 as my tan interior was looking really run down and dated.  The change-out totally transformed the inside cabin of my car and I love it!

Also not sure how Honda back then could justify the 500K price tag since its essentially the same 3.2L, 6-cylinder engine making the same horsepower (280) as the 97+ NSX's came with (although I think Spoon turbocharged one of the NSX-R GT's to make 420).  The main changes were a few carbon-fiber weight saving body parts, non-functional snorkel (kind of ridiculous looking), lighter wheels, and upgraded suspension.

I hope its there next week so i can talk to the owner about

In the U.S. you can import any car, however if it's not 25 years or older you must import it under a Show & Display clause.  Basically, you import a car to be specifically a show car and you can only put 2,000ish miles on it per year.  That's how there are R34s, S15s, etc. in the states.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I'm the high bidder on that car right now. Talked to the owner seems well taken care of. Says reserve will probably come off, I'm at max of 26k on it.
INshoeKid, I hope you win this car bro!  Even with 136K miles it should be a bargain in the 20s for a modern Turbo 911.  I've been following the market on 911s over the past year and have seen a few 996s (non-turbo's) with sub-100K miles go in the low to mid 20s on bring-a-trailer.com.  I don't think the Turbo's suffer from IMS failures like the non-Turbo 996s, so as long as maintenance is up to date you should be good to go.  Autocheck is clean at a score of 80.  I would pull a carfax as well just to be sure.  Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom