\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So I forgot that long tubes hang down lower...time to hit up the muffler shop again lol

Thinking about finally selling the c63. Was set on just getting one of the new ones, but then I was like...why don't I actually weigh my options?

What cars should I be looking at around $80k and under. I have no problem buying used and actually prefer someone else paying some of the depreciation.

U already know my recommendation :wink:

Speaking of which latest pic of mine after getting the low dust z23 powerstop pads installed. Eff the brembo dust

:D

Thinking about finally selling the c63. Was set on just getting one of the new ones, but then I was like...why don't I actually weigh my options?

What cars should I be looking at around $80k and under. I have no problem buying used and actually prefer someone else paying some of the depreciation.

the new c63 amg is nice that twin turbo v8 :x

as a bimmer boi its a pass but this generations is pretty dam neat not gonna lie :smokin

get the new m4 competition pack :lol: cars a beast its a more friendly/affordable M4 GTS basically

Last edited:

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-9.jpg

What are looking to cop? Suv? Sports car?

Definitely a sports car. I'll obviously look into the amg options and bmw, but I had a non-M e60 before and it was nothing but a headache before I ended up selling it. 2 of my friends recently got m3's (e92 and e93) and I wasn't very impressed by those either. I had the e92 for a month after my friend bought it so I definitely got enough seat time too.

For whatever reason, I completely forgot to even think about American cars. Used to love the challenger, but that really faded. I'll still look into the hellcat (although I don't know if it even falls into that price range).

What are looking to cop? Suv? Sports car?
Definitely a sports car. I'll obviously look into the amg options and bmw, but I had a non-M e60 before and it was nothing but a headache before I ended up selling it. 2 of my friends recently got m3's (e92 and e93) and I wasn't very impressed by those either. I had the e92 for a month after my friend bought it so I definitely got enough seat time too.

For whatever reason, I completely forgot to even think about American cars. Used to love the challenger, but that really faded. I'll still look into the hellcat (although I don't know if it even falls into that price range).
Maybe check out the SRT Grand Cherokee or get a SL Benz 
pimp.gif

THESE WOULD BE MY CHOICES

My Vote is almost identical to Memphis

I would even try and aim for a 997 Turbo that Nelson has.  I have yet to drive those but I heard those are one of the last great driving 911.  The newer ones are more GT oriented.  You honestly can't go wrong with Porsche.  They hold their value so well. 

For under 80 I would look at M4/5/6, GT350, GTR. How much are you asking for your C63? I want to drive one really bad.

$80k is an interesting price-point. I'd probably go 997.2 Turbo + spend a few thousand on a tune/suspension/wheels and have it looking and driving exactly how you want it.

80k could maybe get you a 997 gt3
laugh.gif
How Sway?

I don't think you'll see GT3 for under $90K honestly.  People are holding on to them and the ones that are on the market are extremely high priced.  Most of the limited Porsches are now really sought after and have gone up in value.  

For under 80 I would look at M4/5/6, GT350, GTR. How much are you asking for your C63? I want to drive one really bad.

THE GTR IS A BEAST BUT WE NEED TO KNOW THE OP INTENTIONS. IF HE PLANS TO DRAG/TRACK THE CAR OR IF IT IS MORE OF A WHIPPING/SHOW OFF CAR. THE GTR IS AWESOME FOR OPTION 1. IT ISN'T NICKNAMED GODZILLA FOR NOTHING BUT IT SUCKS FOR OPTION 2. THE INTERIOR IS GARBAGE AND RATTLES EVERYWHERE. THE RIDE QUALITY ISN'T THE GREATEST EITHER.

nerd.gif

We actually just got another black 997 turbo at the shop. Clean as hell, black on black 6-speed, 100% stock, very highly optioned including carbon ceramic brakes

Not advertised yet and probably won't be, as once it's ready to sell, we have a list of people waiting for a clean 6-speed 997 turbo because of the last one we had

Last edited:
$80k is an interesting price-point. I'd probably go 997.2 Turbo + spend a few thousand on a tune/suspension/wheels and have it looking and driving exactly how you want it.
Depends on if he cares about future values and having a manual.  If not, the 997.2 is an incredible car and the PDK is awesome.  If he wants manual and/or wants the car to go up in value, gotta get the 997.1 .  Unless he somehow finds a 997.2 manual which there are not many of, but even then, they still don't have the Mezger engine that the 997.1 has, which makes the 997.2 less collectable and they do not that classic porsche sound with the newer direct injected engine nor are they as bulletproof.  

Last edited:
Scored a Civic d16y8 manual transmission for free. Never did a rebuild before so this is great for starting. Started cleaning the case and interior, there's so much sludge and gunk. :x Gonna cop some pro series carbon synchros and the input shaft bearing is toast.

idgaf about value tbh. going to drive it and beat on it. the c63 i bought used shortly after i finished school. it's got over 100k miles now. i've put a few thousand into modding it, but never tracked it (just never had anyone to go with). i always said i'd want to keep it forever, but now i don't care as much. i originally contemplated buying a used 2012 c63 and just keeping that one forever and then looking for something new, but now i'm thinking i might as well just jump straight to something else.

i also don't really care to have a manual. i wouldn't be opposed to it, but would prefer not to have it.

$80k to blow, I'd def be looking at some sort of P car. 997 GTS or Turbo. C7 Grandsport is also a dope option. If you wanna stay Benz then maybe a used S coupe or wait for the new E AMG to drop, but depreciation. Also an M6 I'd def look into. If all else fails STI :lol:

Back
Top Bottom