\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Depends on if he cares about future values and having a manual.  If not, the 997.2 is an incredible car and the PDK is awesome.  If he wants manual and/or wants the car to go up in value, gotta get the 997.1 .  Unless he somehow finds a 997.2 manual which there are not many of, but even then, they still don't have the Mezger engine that the 997.1 has, which makes the 997.2 less collectable and they do not that classic porsche sound with the newer direct injected engine nor are they as bulletproof.  

Values for both cars will stabilize but these cars are entirely too new to even be part of a discussion about rising values. Only way you'll see appreciation is if you have a time capsule example and hold onto it for 5-10+ years. I don't think you'll do "bad" with either choice.

I think gtr's are pretty cool, but couldn't imagine buying one. I tried to test drive one once, but the dealer was acting like I was just trying to joyride and wouldn't let me do it kind of put me off ever since. I've also never envisioned myself in a Porsche, but I looked into them a little and actually really like the shape of the newer 911's. I mentioned a few years back that they kind of remind me of punch buggies. That being said, I'd definitely have to do a lot more research into them and all the differences over the years. I also never thought I really cared for interiors, but seeing the 911 seats kind of look dinky. Can't tell for sure, but the side bolsters look pretty small compared to the c63. I might have to go see them in person to be sure.

I'd love to get an S coupe, but would only want an amg version and I think that's going to be above $80k for a good few more years. I'd actually get an AMG GT in an ideal world, but who knows how much those will go down eventually.

I'm going to try and stay open minded and actually test drive as many different things as possible, but for some reason my heart isn't really feeling anything American. Been an amg fan ever since the c63 came out, but definitely wanted to see what else is out there. I'll also maybe look into an rs7. Every time I've seen one on the road I've really liked them.

I think gtr's are pretty cool, but couldn't imagine buying one. I tried to test drive one once, but the dealer was acting like I was just trying to joyride and wouldn't let me do it kind of put me off ever since. I've also never envisioned myself in a Porsche, but I looked into them a little and actually really like the shape of the newer 911's. I mentioned a few years back that they kind of remind me of punch buggies. That being said, I'd definitely have to do a lot more research into them and all the differences over the years. I also never thought I really cared for interiors, but seeing the 911 seats kind of look dinky. Can't tell for sure, but the side bolsters look pretty small compared to the c63. I might have to go see them in person to be sure.

I'd love to get an S coupe, but would only want an amg version and I think that's going to be above $80k for a good few more years. I'd actually get an AMG GT in an ideal world, but who knows how much those will go down eventually.

I'm going to try and stay open minded and actually test drive as many different things as possible, but for some reason my heart isn't really feeling anything American. Been an amg fan ever since the c63 came out, but definitely wanted to see what else is out there. I'll also maybe look into an rs7. Every time I've seen one on the road I've really liked them.
A few of my friends own a RS7 and those machines are a thing of beauty.  They sound amazing and have such amazing road presence.  

Porsche really stepped up their interiors for this newer generation.   I think Porsche really began to cater to more of the masses given their aggressive Sports formula.   Hence I say this generation is more GT oriented.  I really feel like they got it right in this generation of balancing their sports heritage and everyday comfort and driveability.  

Just food for thought, I test drove a 911 S and Carrera 4S at Sonoma raceway a couple of months ago and I was so impressed at how balanced those cars are.

Why do people like GTRs? Honest question.
Oh idk man maybe because its a twin turbo AWD monster capable of beating cars 2-3x its price with minimal mods?

Why don't you like it? Because its a Nissan? 

Last edited:
I never said I didn't like it. I've never sat in one much less driven one. All my car enthusiast friends IRL who have driven one say they are painfully boring and essentially a Maxima on steroids. I'm inclined to believe them because there's only so much fun you can have mashing the gas pedal.

I never said I didn't like it. I've never sat in one much less driven one. All my car enthusiast friends IRL who have driven one say they are painfully boring and essentially a Maxima on steroids. I'm inclined to believe them because there's only so much fun you can have mashing the gas pedal.
I feel you but I have a feeling it does more than just go fast. Ive heard the interiors are cheap though.

GTRs are great cars.  The numbers speak for themselves.  I don't think there's any doubt to what they're capable of.  

I think most people will argue how cheap the interior feels.  I think the "boring" feeling of the car is due to all the computer controls of the driving from what I heard.  The fact that it can itself can control so much of its speed, handling, etc. really takes away from the driving experience from the car.  

A friend of mine just jumped from his 12 C63 to a CLS63 and could not be happier.

I guess it depends what you're looking for, if I had 80k to spend and no other car I would choose an M6 Gran Coupe. If your lifestyle doesn't demand a car with 4 doors then 911. I'd suggest Panamera but it's about to expire

^ Would you actually drop $80k on a nearly out-of-warranty M car though?

I don't think there any on the market that are totally out of warranty (time-wise) but I wouldn't buy any car without factory warranty still on it, unless it's a Toyota 4Runner or Tacoma lol.

Like, I probably wouldn't mind a car like this one
https://www.carmax.com/car/13400558

Edit: To answer your question, I would get extended 100% on an M. I've had 2 M3's both with extended, and one of them paid for a 9k transmission--so i'll be a firm believer in warranties and extended warranties for life. They also help you sell the car twice as fast when you're ready to move on. I'm no DIY'er and I Don't have the time to shop around for quotes all around town either.

Last edited:
My 911 has warranty until 2019, but I doubt i'll ever use it. My Panamera is out of factory warranty but I have extended and they replaced the AC system for me this year. Then again it is a 2012 with 60k miles.

Last edited:
Are all Grand Tourer cars on the higher price points?  Are there any cars in the grand tourer category thats in the more affordable price points?

Depends on if he cares about future values and having a manual.  If not, the 997.2 is an incredible car and the PDK is awesome.  If he wants manual and/or wants the car to go up in value, gotta get the 997.1 .  Unless he somehow finds a 997.2 manual which there are not many of, but even then, they still don't have the Mezger engine that the 997.1 has, which makes the 997.2 less collectable and they do not that classic porsche sound with the newer direct injected engine nor are they as bulletproof.  
Values for both cars will stabilize but these cars are entirely too new to even be part of a discussion about rising values. Only way you'll see appreciation is if you have a time capsule example and hold onto it for 5-10+ years. I don't think you'll do "bad" with either choice.
The 07-09 manual turbo coupes are headed up I promise you.  Guarantee if you bought a clean example today and put 2-4k miles on it per year it will be worth more than you bought it for in 2-3 years.  Clean ones with 30-40k miles are hitting 100k overseas right now, the U.S is next.  They've already creeped up a bit over the last year and they've held same value for like the last 3 years.

Porsche did away with the Manual turbos after 997 and they did away with the Mezger engine after 2009, 2 factors that will surely push the value up. As well as the limited amount made.  Porsche produced less 2007-2009 manual turbos than they did 993 Turbos, and take a peep at 993 turbo prices. I know those are aircooled but still, you get the idea.

Last edited:
Man I pulled next to the 2016 Cadillac CTS V with the 640 hp White Edition. 

Talk about bad ***..Same exact way in the picture.

Based is starting at 85K
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom