\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Can’t go wrong with a B though either. Only Ks that mattered to me where the K20A2 and the Z3 in the 8th gen Si. Loved my 09.
Truth, I'd get a 20 over a 18 tho

8104BB2A-F304-4E69-AB59-76E83996B376.jpeg
Treat the coyote well OG

My main car is a 2012 Buick LaCrosse hybrid, but this is my baby...

11204992_10153352417088336_237214199548522341_n.jpg

1972 Buick Electra 225, tha deuce and a quarta!

My next car will probably be a Hyndai Genesis Sedan (probably a 2015 if I get it next year). I almost have my LaCrosse paid off though and I would like to go a year or so with out payments so I can invest more in my old school, which is completely stock outside of the sound system, which I completely updated.

:smh: . At least he has the Civ' tho I personally would've went with a K transplant seeing how thats my fav Honda motor. With the J and underappreciated H following after.
He said happy with it for now. I don’t think he’s looking to make any crazy numbers but J series in a crx or late 90’s hatch you can move like a bat out of hell. Witnessed it myself at the track before.

BE3EBAF6-3CDD-4243-A71D-7E6CC649A46C.jpeg Update on the subie

So my insurance decided to send an adjuster out right away to review the damage/cost for the car. Claims guy calls me back the next day and says yea the cost for your repairs is way under your deductible. You do not need a new engine wiring harness. I was baffled and explained to him everything I was told by this Subaru dealer. He double checked with the adjuster and sent me the estimate to my email. $11 for parts and 2 hours of labor coming to $120 to fix my car :wow::lol:.

I call the dealer right away and the service guy says yea all you need is the evap wiring and some insulation. I tell him it’s very strange my adjuster goes out there and a $1,400 job turns into a simple wiringovernight. So I ask how much it’s gonna be. He doesn’t give me a price and says he’s waiting for the insurance to get back with the estimate (even though I know how much it is). He asks how much was my deductible. Raised a red flag and told him anyway to play their game.

Next morning comes and I get call that he got the estimate and it’s gonna be $230 plus tax to fix my car. I drive their and talk with the guy. I again tell him the shady moves being made. He has no response except for saying that they can fix it and that includes clearing codes and running checks by a subie tech. I say no give me my keys I’m going somewhere else. He says ok but did your insurance tell you about the charge for checking the car? It’s $109. I say that’s unfortunate because I’m not paying for it. He says “ok” and hands me my keys without a word :rofl:.

I take the car to my buddies shop after knowing it’s not a major job. He has a subie tech come in replace everything AND FOUND THAT MY WIPER FLUID LINE HAD BEEN EATEN AWAY! Dealer service didn’t tell me that. Had my car in 3 hours for $250. People man! Here’s the damage

Last edited:
He said happy with it for now. I don’t think he’s looking to make any crazy numbers but J series in a crx or late 90’s hatch you can move like a bat out of hell. Witnessed it myself at the track before.
Yep you just gotta cut a hole in the hood

BE3EBAF6-3CDD-4243-A71D-7E6CC649A46C.jpeg Update on the subie

So my insurance decided to send an adjuster out right away to review the damage/cost for the car. Claims guy calls me back the next day and says yea the cost for your repairs is way under your deductible. You do not need a new engine wiring harness. I was baffled and explained to him everything I was told by this Subaru dealer. He double checked with the adjuster and sent me the estimate to my email. $11 for parts and 2 hours of labor coming to $120 to fix my car :wow::lol:.

I call the dealer right away and the service guy says yea all you need is the evap wiring and some insulation. I tell him it’s very strange my adjuster goes out there and a $1,400 job turns into a simple wiringovernight. So I ask how much it’s gonna be. He doesn’t give me a price and says he’s waiting for the insurance to get back with the estimate (even though I know how much it is). He asks how much was my deductible. Raised a red flag and toleim anyway to play their game.

Next morning comes and I get call that he got the estimate and it’s gonna be $230 plus tax to fix my car. I drive their and talk with the guy. I again tell him the shady moves being made. He has no response except for saying that they can fix it and that includes clearing codes and running checks by a subie tech. I say no give me my keys I’m going somewhere else. He says ok but did your insurance tell you about the charge for checking the car? It’s $109. I say that’s unfortunate because I’m not paying for it. He says “ok” and hands me my keys without a word :rofl:.

I take the car to my buddies shop after knowing it’s not a major job. He has a subie tech come in replace everything AND FOUND THAT MY WIPER FLUID LINE HAD BEEN EATEN AWAY! Dealer service didn’t tell me that. Had my car in 3 hours for $250. People man! Here’s the damage
**** got me dead lowkey

Yessir. This thing is amazing and it has everything I need. My girl sits in the back with the baby in comfort, the stroller pops into the trunk with ease and there’s still plenty of space, and her car seat fits perfect. In terms of performance, i put it into sport mode and also manual and i was impressed. You definitely feel the torque more because the cars so much lighter than the Genesis. It hit 90 without any issues on my way to school. Overall I’m in love and i plan on taking care of her as much as possible so that she can live as long as she can. I also have 24k/2 year CPO warranty so that’s a plus.

So they finally officially unveiled the wrangler JL at the LA auto show yesterday. Overall, i think they stayed true to the jeep/wrangler idea, though i decided that i am happy with my 2017 JKU and not bummed i didnt wait for the JL. I do like that the rubi comes with 33's stock now (prob not the right backspace/offset though anyways), and you can run 35's with a small (2") lift and no other modifications (they claim). The soft top looks like it is a much better design too, but i have a hard top so i am not super familiar with the soft top issues. Generally, i dont love the exterior, but i dont hate it - i do like the JK exterior better. The interior and modern conveniences are the big improvement imo. I wish i could put that interior in my JKU, then it would be perfect.

https://jalopnik.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2018-jeep-wrangle-1820839284

Yessir. This thing is amazing and it has everything I need. My girl sits in the back with the baby in comfort, the stroller pops into the trunk with ease and there’s still plenty of space, and her car seat fits perfect. In terms of performance, i put it into sport mode and also manual and i was impressed. You definitely feel the torque more because the cars so much lighter than the Genesis. It hit 90 without any issues on my way to school. Overall I’m in love and i plan on taking care of her as much as possible so that she can live as long as she can. I also have 24k/2 year CPO warranty so that’s a plus.
U still wanna race ?

So they finally officially unveiled the wrangler JL at the LA auto show yesterday. Overall, i think they stayed true to the jeep/wrangler idea, though i decided that i am happy with my 2017 JKU and not bummed i didnt wait for the JL. I do like that the rubi comes with 33's stock now (prob not the right backspace/offset though anyways), and you can run 35's with a small (2") lift and no other modifications (they claim). The soft top looks like it is a much better design too, but i have a hard top so i am not super familiar with the soft top issues. Generally, i dont love the exterior, but i dont hate it - i do like the JK exterior better. The interior and modern conveniences are the big improvement imo. I wish i could put that interior in my JKU, then it would be perfect.

https://jalopnik.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2018-jeep-wrangle-1820839284
I always wanted a wrangler , always thought they looked cool.. but I’m single, no wife no kids.. haven’t been able to justify the purchase

Rumble Gang Rumble Gang :lol: The audacity of that Check-up fee last move. If you ever buy a car from them again when you're 90% done negotiating tell them you need another $100 off for wasting your time

U still wanna race ?
In February once I’m Stage 2 I’ll be down to run a 5.0. I wanna run my boys 5.0. I know I’ll probably lose against him since he’s full bolt ons and e85 tuned but if i can at least hang with him for a lil I’ll feel good.

I always wanted a wrangler , always thought they looked cool.. but I’m single, no wife no kids.. haven’t been able to justify the purchase
What better time than now then? I dont think wranglers are good family cars tbh (at least with kids still in car seats).

My main car is a 2012 Buick LaCrosse hybrid, but this is my baby...

11204992_10153352417088336_237214199548522341_n.jpg

1972 Buick Electra 225, tha deuce and a quarta!

My next car will probably be a Hyndai Genesis Sedan (probably a 2015 if I get it next year). I almost have my LaCrosse paid off though and I would like to go a year or so with out payments so I can invest more in my old school, which is completely stock outside of the sound system, which I completely updated.
Looks like a boat on wheels :pimp:
You got that 6.6 v8?

Overall I like the improvements, without going too far away form the Jeep heritage, and adding modern conveniences. This might tip the scale for me, since I was looking into 4Runners and somewhat Tacomas.

Overall I like the improvements, without going too far away form the Jeep heritage, and adding modern conveniences. This might tip the scale for me, since I was looking into 4Runners and somewhat Tacomas.
i looked at 4runners when i bought my wrangler. The trd (esp trd pro) is a really nice rig, and very capable; however, The doors and top dont come off. That is the major difference and was the main selling point to me. Nothing like running it fully naked in the summer. So i will always say go jeep over taco/4runner

i looked at 4runners when i bought my wrangler. The trd (esp trd pro) is a really nice rig, and very capable; however, The doors and top dont come off. That is the major difference and was the main selling point to me. Nothing like running it fully naked in the summer. So i will always say go jeep over taco/4runner

Yea. It seems like the after market for both rigs are very active, so the options are there. It would just be a matter of what I want and the deal when I finally get to shopping. The top and doors weren't as big a deal to me but a great option for sure.

Yea. It seems like the after market for both rigs are very active, so the options are there. It would just be a matter of what I want and the deal when I finally get to shopping. The top and doors weren't as big a deal to me but a great option for sure.
Yeah they both have very robust aftermarkets. I also leaned jeep because i live about 1 mile from the quadratec hq/main warehouse and close to extreme terrain as well, and i know some people working at both places so it is very convenient. **** i tried to get a job working saturdays or a few nights a week for the disco, but they only wanted full timers. :lol:

My buddy has a 4runner and loves the "party window", and i must admit it that it is a cool option for a truck like that. You will love whichever one you end up with, all 3 are great. There is an all black trd pro at my office and i eye it up everyday, i feel guilty but it really does look awesome and i know it can handle its business as well. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom