D53F67A2-CA71-4408-8A38-7A08DB53F171.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 2F74D422-7508-435D-9874-C62A216D7B58.jpeg
    2F74D422-7508-435D-9874-C62A216D7B58.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 12A3C49E-4E9E-4597-A8CB-F97184E81E48.jpeg
    12A3C49E-4E9E-4597-A8CB-F97184E81E48.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 65
my fuel pump went out while leaving a meet on Sunday :lol: ... I'm sure I'm part of hella memes already.

Could have been worse fam. That happened to me when I stationed in San Diego. I was just cruising along and I went to accelerate and I didn't get any response from the pedal and I looked at the tach and it was at zero, I was legit shook, luckily I was able to coast to the side of the road. Had to pay $150 for a fuel pump fuse, I was heated because I could've changed my own damn fuse for like $2, but I didn't think about anything as minor as the fuse, I was expecting something major. Sad part was there was no sort of warning or lights, just nothing.

I got sort of a warning about two weeks ago when my car felt like it lost power, but it didn't shut off. It felt like I was trying to accelerate in 6th. I pulled over right away, and checked for codes but I got nothing. The display just showed a wrench and said "see owner's manual" I turned it off and on and it ran fine. This time it did the same thing, but it just died and wouldn't turn on anymore. I was lucky that it happened where/when it did cause I was doing some dumb **** on the freeway on the way to the meet. I'm glad it happened in the parking lot even if it was in front of everybody with their FORD jokes lol. I legit could fixed for free, but my friend forgot his AAA card and I had to pay for a tow to his house ($260). I knew a dude that had a pump that he took off his brand new car when he upgraded his fuel system, and he was just gonna let me have it. My friend installed it in literally 15 min. I ended up paying $40 for the pump (that's all he would take) and my friend $100. Like you said tho it could have been worse...

Anyone have experiences with Infiniti? Care to share you thoughts?

I had a 2008 G35x for 8 years up until I recently sold it. I only had a few gripes during that time, the biggest being its MPG, which is atrocious. I was dumping $40-$50 in the tank every few days. Also, the car would produce a new rattle every week. But other than that, the car was great. I rarely had any mechanical problems until near the end but that's because I beat the hell out of the car. I would recommend getting an Infiniti if that's what you have your heart set out on but have money aside for gas because you will be spending at the pump routinely.

kicks2024 kicks2024 what kind of experiences? ive been daily driving my 08 G37S for almost a year now.. havent had any problems that werent user error
Do you abuse it much? Was thinking of getting a 350 or a g3x reasearching and asking about weakpoints of the drivetrain . Any complaints?

kicks2024 kicks2024 no complaints yet besides the tech in it not being up to par with my previous 04 TL. its a helluva lot funner to drive though, no question. i definitely drive it hard so i also gas up often but its only $35 to fill it up on premium gas where im at. the transmission still seems to be going strong and i know its a very strong motor. the only maintenance ive done so far is a new radiator (previous owners mishap) and changing rotors and pads which i didnt even need, just wanted drilled and slotted. its only been a year but i think it can take a beating if you keep up with things on it

A colleague of mines has a 2013 Dodge Challenger RT with only 70K miles. Car literally died the other day and the dealership determine the engine is blown and its out of warranty.

That's a 4th person in a row that i know in the last 2 years with a Dodge product having major issues. :sick: I thought German cars were unreliable

A colleague of mines has a 2013 Dodge Challenger RT with only 70K miles. Car literally died the other day and the dealership determine the engine is blown and its out of warranty.

That's a 4th person in a row that i know in the last 2 years with a Dodge product having major issues. :sick: I thought German cars were unreliable

so what was the cause? you're leaving a lot out

wouldn't the power train cover the engine if it wasn't negligence? aka not changing the oil

wouldn't the power train cover the engine if it wasn't negligence? aka not changing the oil

definitely doesn't sound like the whole story . Ive owned a 2015 Audi s7, 2012 300 srt8 , 2011 Panamera, 2007 7 series and a 98 Chevy lumina , and for the most part a car is only as reliable as its owner is with maintenance up keep.

Sounds like we need to get you into a newer German car papi

This is what I told him. I believe Dodge has a 100k powertrain warranty and he said was up to date on all the maintenance excluding the timing belt/water pump stuff. I told him to try and fight it because that's unacceptable. To me it sounds like Dodge just doesn't want to accept fault.

My company also uses Dodge/Chrysler for company cars for our sales team and not renewing our contract after 2018 due to continued issues with our Jeeps and Dodges. I believe we're moving into Ford or Chevy.

This is what I told him. I believe Dodge has a 100k powertrain warranty and he said was up to date on all the maintenance excluding the timing belt/water pump stuff. I told him to try and fight it because that's unacceptable. To me it sounds like Dodge just doesn't want to accept fault.
You are correct sir. Just googled this "dodge powertrain warranty 2013" and it confirms 5 year/100k powertrain. They cut back in 2016 to 60k.

Cop a GTI fam. New warranty program for 2018 models, interior is amazing, spacious with the 5 door model for practicality, and understated power straight from the factory. You can get them for 24k our time the door depending on your area.

Not really a fan of VW . endless problems i've seen/heard

Just about ready to buy my first car would really appreciate some of your guys help. Just a few questions I have that I’m sure any car owner can answer fairly well. Please please PM if you could help out thanks!

32FC6924-8C78-41AC-874A-5C6F0AC5A425.jpeg
Thanks for all the input guys! Went with a new 18’ Macan S with some great options, including the chrono package, red leather, and 20 inch RS Sypder wheels :pimp:. MSRP was around 71k, got a decent deal but included everything we wanted. The PDK is awesome. Can’t wait to play with the launch control

Photo with the nephew in his little Porsche lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom