\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Left a note on that sharknose last week so i could get some pictures of his car. Met him today and he let me sit in it and start it up. Wish i got more pictures but just sitting in it made my summer.

This thing was perfect,immaculate inside and out. Ill post the pictures i got with my cameras when i get them finished.
A523172A-1335-47A1-B9D9-BCA987D36EA2.jpeg
8BA47181-92E1-4F2F-8C4F-0E9E13943887.jpeg

I always wondered why Lamborghini didn't give vertical doors to the Gallardo and Huracan. It's their signature
Are those two cars Audi chassis/platforms? Sta question because most Lambos built on a Audi platform got conventional doors. I could be wrong tho…

Are those two cars Audi chassis/platforms? Sta question because most Lambos built on a Audi platform got conventional doors. I could be wrong tho…
Everything Lamborghini is Audi including the Aventador

I know the Aventador is their flagship/halo car but still, the lesser Gallardo and Huracan should get the doors too

fire. When you taking delivery?

Nov. 19th. Can’t wait!

Trying to decide on ppf and ceramic coatings. Live in Florida and will use it as a daily driver. It’s black so I want to keep it clean and free from scratches. Anyone have any input on that? Feel like a lot of guys on the Porsche forums OD on that stuff.

Nov. 19th. Can’t wait!

Trying to decide on ppf and ceramic coatings. Live in Florida and will use it as a daily driver. It’s black so I want to keep it clean and free from scratches. Anyone have any input on that? Feel like a lot of guys on the Porsche forums OD on that stuff.

You should definitely invest in something like that...It might seem like OD, but if you're spending almost 100 grand on a car I don't think you should skimp on protecting the paint. ESPECIALLY with the combo of black paint+daily driven+Florida sun...It will look like a mess very quickly if you don't take the right precautions.

Nov. 19th. Can’t wait!

Autopia.org

Crazy detailers showing what they can do on there and I am sure you can find a FL detailer near you as well.

Nov. 19th. Can’t wait!

Def invest in clear bra film protection. Way better than ceramic coating. To enhance the shine once the bra is on, since it's a bit dull you can ask them to ceramic coat it.

I have a guy that we used with our X5. He uses Xpel products. Thinking about doing a ppf on the front end at least and maybe a ceramic coating over the entire car. I am not the type to hand wash my car and have read in some places that if you use a commercial car wash it will destroy both the coating and ppf. Have read it will run another $7k-$10k for both and not sure if I want to spend all that just to have to hand wash it too. Have also read that if you use a ceramic coating, you can pretty much just hose it off and it’s done.

I guess what I want is for it to be both protected and low maintenance.

I always wondered why Lamborghini didn't give vertical doors to the Gallardo and Huracan. It's their signature
Everything Lamborghini is Audi including the Aventador

I know the Aventador is their flagship/halo car but still, the lesser Gallardo and Huracan should get the doors too
Right. For those prices doesn't need to be a situation where the flagship model only has the doors

Hey guys, the reason for the scissor doors not being on the Gallardo and Huracan is an easy answer. Lamborghini said when the Gallardo first released back in 2004, and it was found to have normal opening doors, that the iconic scissor doors would ONLY be used for the V12 cars. The V10 cars would get regular doors and I'm sure the Huracan V8 TT replacement that will be shown in concept form soon will also have the normal opening doors.

Happened to my wife actually. She took her Gallardo to a car meet and some teenagers saw the car and wanted to wait to see the doors open and didn't know that the scissor doors were not on all Lamborghinis. She explained and the kids was a little bummed/confused. It's the way it is.

Nov. 19th. Can’t wait!

I have a guy that we used with our X5. He uses Xpel products. Thinking about doing a ppf on the front end at least and maybe a ceramic coating over the entire car. I am not the type to hand wash my car and have read in some places that if you use a commercial car wash it will destroy both the coating and ppf. Have read it will run another $7k-$10k for both and not sure if I want to spend all that just to have to hand wash it too. Have also read that if you use a ceramic coating, you can pretty much just hose it off and it’s done.

I guess what I want is for it to be both protected and low maintenance.

Definitely get some quotes for a good Xpel or Suntek PPF installation. I would say it's not necessary to do the entire car, as that is what becomes a lot more expensive, but at least the entire front, including entire bumper, good, fenders, mirror caps, a-pillars, and some of/or all of the roof (you'd be surprised how many stones fly up there and nick the paint after bouncing off the windshield). And even do the lower rockers from front to back (between wheels, and the small section behind the rear wheels to prevent stones/gravel from kicking up.

Installation prices vary WILDLY from shops and dealerships. The local McLaren dealer wanted about $800 more than the indy shop who ultimately did the job on her Gallardo. And the rocker treatment is usually included in the "competition package" which, on a Taycan, being a little larger and longer and a 4-door, will cost a little more than a coupe.

The shop around here charged about $2K with tax on the full front, pillars and roof. Another$600-700 for the rockers, rear partial bumper. If a shop charges $10K for the job with ceramic, that may be a little much. A Ford GT, with all it's crazy contours costs about that and on that car it's about a week in the shop. But prices vary regionally. YMMV

I'd reach out to some independent detail shops and find out what they cost. XPel Ultimate 10 is the best. Self healing in the sun, and combined with ceramic on the PPF & uncovered parts of the car, means washing it will be a 20 minute job. For a 100K car, spending 5% or so to protect the paint/finish is a no brainer. And it will make driving it on the highway a much less stressful event. 👍

Feel free to ask any questions as we did some serious research on the difference places and prices. 👍👍

Last edited:
Just wrap it
Cheaper than ppf you get a new color and you don’t gotta worry about your paint too much

Back
Top Bottom