\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Ranking state plates

"The old plate looked like it should be exclusive to cabs or government agencies" :lol: soo frieking true lmao. God those piss yellow EMPIRE STATE plates are the absolute worst! Still have em on the Max. It's all former governor Pattersons fault. It was his idea to ok those fugly plates. He has partial blindness...them plates don't lie lol. Not a fan of our current EXCELSIOR plates. I think it's kind of plain but a huge improvement over the other crap. I voted for this design & was kind of surprised it or the other proposed Statue of Liberty plate design didn't win. That torch looks nice with the patina on it & the hand
Screenshot_20211025-222447_Chrome.jpg

Ranking state plates

PA plate at 49/50 :lol: our plate does suck but at least we don’t have to put one on the front

They definitely do, and that's why my wife decided to do the custom PA European plate for her cars!
PXL_20210718_134108860.jpg

The wide plate looks so much better on these cars since the back is so wide (her car is in the middle). Jag has one too. It's such a good look and more people are doing it in the area. And the cops don't seem to care one bit as it's the legal plate number but not issued by the state and made by inmates.

Here is the page to make a PA plate. As you see, under background color, only 6 states are listed (for authentic plate colors) and luckily PA is one of them. It makes it look like our plates. Even has the state flag/symbol on the top left.

Screenshot_20211026-094443.png

Here's the link to make your own

Nice stamped aluminum, and comes with a plate holder that bolts right on the back. Better quality than the state plates.

Whenever the day comes that I get my Lotus, I'll be putting one on the back as well.

This Z06 might be might next car in 5-6 years. Hopefully the hype will be dead by then and hopefully that flat plane crank engine doesn't blow up.

Lmao I read your comment & then saw the comment below it & how upset dude was :lol: "that's 1000% not legal"

I was laughing when he posted it (I got an email notification of a reply). Like dude, grab a Coke and a smile. We're not hurting you one bit. I mean, the numbers check out with the DMV if a Police car runs the tag. Guy wanted to be a keyboard warrior. 😂😂

This Z06 might be might next car in 5-6 years. Hopefully the hype will be dead by then and hopefully that flat plane crank engine doesn't blow up.

Exactly. Ford has had and still does have issue with the GT350 engine. My customer I sold a 2016 GT350 to, had had nothing but issues. While it's not a track pack car, he doesn't track it. He's retired and just cruises to car shows. Had oil consumption issues and now, Ford had put in a 3rd motor as he had issues on the first 2! 😳😳

I hope GM doesn't have issues. It's inevitable with an all new flat-plane crank from a manufacturer who never built one before.

Exactly. Ford has had and still does have issue with the GT350 engine. My customer I sold a 2016 GT350 to, had had nothing but issues. While it's not a track pack car, he doesn't track it. He's retired and just cruises to car shows. Had oil consumption issues and now, Ford had put in a 3rd motor as he had issues on the first 2! 😳😳

I hope GM doesn't have issues. It's inevitable with an all new flat-plane crank from a manufacturer who never built one before.

Damn that's a shame. The flat plane crank engine is such a beautiful sounding engine.

I was laughing when he posted it (I got an email notification of a reply). Like dude, grab a Coke and a smile. We're not hurting you one bit. I mean, the numbers check out with the DMV if a Police car runs the tag. Guy wanted to be a keyboard warrior. 😂😂
Yeah live & let live man. Cops have more important issues to pursue & like you said when their scanners read it it matches the tags that are registered in the system. He was more upset than he should be like you don't want it? Kool, keep it moving son. I too have a "fake plate" on my Challenger lol. I mentioned it b4 but I got mine from licenseplates.tv & they make them 3M reflective, 3d raised lettering & 12 X 6 inches as all US license plates are with the same aluminum tin material which is all the reasons why they charge what they charge for them & they have every plate domestic or international. At first I just wanted one to hang up in my bedroom but then my brother amped me up to put em on my car. I have the real state dmv issued plates in the trunk just incase I get pulled over. They got me once this past summer while I had it parked in front of my apt...traffic cops rolled by & saw them. I had the car parked outside because I was waiting for the sun to go down a bit b4 I began washing it. Traffic cop asked me why do you have Liberty plates on your car? Told em cuz they're so damn beautiful & she goes "why no front plate?" & I was like because it's ****ing gross that's why lol, & got 2 tickets $65 each. I STILL have the Liberty plate on the car & will never remove em lol. Only time I'd swap em back to the ugly yellow ones if I know I'm going to be crossing a bridge or tunnel where there's a toll. With the fake plate that'd be toll evasion & that probably won't end well for me lol. Couple of weeks ago a DT in an unmarked Taurus was behind me & I was wondering if he'd light me up for the plates but after 5 mins they went their way. I've gotten so many compliments & questions on the Liberty plate. People always ask how'd you get them? They're discontinued, I tell em it's a secret lol but eventually tell em how I got em
20200331_122127.jpg
20211017_115413.jpg

These historic tags go for $$$$ and i like that theyre porcelain and smaller than normal plates
I was reading about that yesterday. Apparently it's a thing to drop bank on plates with as few characters as possible. Kind of like Dubai & UAE. The porcelain plates are nice man! Tad smaller too. They've got to be cobsidered vintage because Delaware DMV don't make em outta porcelain anymore, do they?

"The old plate looked like it should be exclusive to cabs or government agencies" :lol: soo frieking true lmao. God those piss yellow EMPIRE STATE plates are the absolute worst! Still have em on the Max. It's all former governor Pattersons fault. It was his idea to ok those fugly plates. He has partial blindness...them plates don't lie lol. Not a fan of our current EXCELSIOR plates. I think it's kind of plain but a huge improvement over the other crap. I voted for this design & was kind of surprised it or the other proposed Statue of Liberty plate design didn't win. That torch looks nice with the patina on it & the hand
Screenshot_20211025-222447_Chrome.jpg

Maybe im just used to it bow but I dont mind the yellow plates. The plates before were better but yellow grew on me for sure. New ones are pretty nice too.

California has the best plate, classic white with blue California in script. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom