\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You got 7 years out of your battery? Is that the OG battery? If so, your very lucky to get that many years. Today, one is lucky to get about 3 year, out of a new battery for a car that isn't driven daily. Maybe 4 but that's max. Batteries made today don't last like the older ones did, for obvious reasons. Seen it happen at work many times. People would be coming in for their oil change/works package and when the battery is tested, it fails. Just how they are made today.

AGREED.

JUST REPLACED, MY OL LADY’S BATTERY LAST WEEK.

PREVIOUS BATTERY WAS PURCHASED IN 2020.

I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, DAMN I FEEL LIKE I JUST BOUGHT THIS BATTERY, AND THEN I FIND OUT THESE NEW AGE BATTERIES ONLY LAST ESSENTIALLY 3YRS… BACK IN THE DAY I COULD GET 5-6YRS OUT OF ONE.

a2e21b291b4f5f0ffe2e0629b44983a6

Tesla out here doing cartwheels :wow:

Cut prices to meet tax benefits and still make stupid profits off each and every vehicle sold.

giphy.gif
nawghtyhare nawghtyhare and ninjahood ninjahood are somewhere punching the air rn. They were both so confident that Tesla was going to fold.

That's the OG battery, yes & part of the reason I wanted to replace it with another OEM factory battery instead of going the Autozone route. Service rep said word-for-word the same stuff you said.

Why don't modern car batteries last as long as the older ones did? What changed? Cost cutting I'd assume. With keeping it OEM the + is I know I'm getting a battery that'll carry my non-daily driven car another 7 years or so the minus is you only get 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 years warranty with autozone. To me, personally, the tradeoff is worth it to go OEM.
If you wanted OEM dealerships also will sell you the OEM battery and you can install yourself for way cheaper. My moms wanted the OEM battery for her Toyota. Got quoted $400 for install. I went with her to the parts counter to get the battery, for under $200 and 5 minutes of my time in the parking lot and she was gtg.

If you wanted OEM dealerships also will sell you the OEM battery and you can install yourself for way cheaper. My moms wanted the OEM battery for her Toyota. Got quoted $400 for install. I went with her to the parts counter to get the battery, for under $200 and 5 minutes of my time in the parking lot and she was gtg.
There’s literally no added value with the OEM battery. Some people think there is and there’s no way you’ll change their mind. There’s aftermarket products for less that will outperform the OEM. I know some people who feel the same about brakes. It’s just lack of knowledge/understanding.

What these Dodge dealers are doing is crazy. Here in LI Security Dodge is trying to sell their allocations for the last editions for something like 50-60k over msrp on EBAY. That is so ridiculous. My dealer upstate asked me first if I wanted to order one at invoice and I said nah I'm cool. Its no different than my current hellcat.

Plus cant beat the deal I got on my TorRed Hellcat. Invoice plus power dollars, which at the time was 7070 dollars off of sticker. No one was buying jack during the height of COVID.

What these Dodge dealers are doing is crazy. Here in LI Security Dodge is trying to sell their allocations for the last editions for something like 50-60k over msrp on EBAY. That is so ridiculous. My dealer upstate asked me first if I wanted to order one at invoice and I said nah I'm cool. Its no different than my current hellcat.

Plus cant beat the deal I got on my TorRed Hellcat. Invoice plus power dollars, which at the time was 7070 dollars off of sticker. No one was buying jack during the height of COVID.
yeah that was the best time to buy, my dumb self sold during that time :lol:

I’ve seen Raptor R’s with 100k+ ADM. Crazy thing is some idiot will pay it.

Last edited:
Dealer tried to give me 15k off a new gladiator the other day but tried to get me to lease.

I called their bluff and said I’ll just buy it with my own financing now they wanna backpedal.

Like I’m not stupid bro. :lol: you gotta get this off the lot because it’s a ‘22 but you don’t wanna take an l and sell it for cheap.

My wife is trying to flip her sq5 before the bottom falls out of the luxury suv market any further.

I told her to get a pickup and I’ll pay half since I need it. Of course she wants a effing gladiator. I’m like ok whatever it’s fine. :lol:

“It looks like a g wagon!😍

:lol:0]

My wife is trying to flip her sq5 before the bottom falls out of the luxury suv market any further.

I told her to get a pickup and I’ll pay half since I need it. Of course she wants a effing gladiator. I’m like ok whatever it’s fine. :lol:

my boy tryna sell his gladiator :lol:

bed kinda small for him

I’d suggest a Mojave is she gets one. That all ride like poop but the Mojave is the most forgiving because of how the shocks are tuned.

I’d suggest a Mojave is she gets one. That all ride like poop but the Mojave is the most forgiving because of how the shocks are tuned.
That solid front axle, idk why she jumped for the gladiator but doesn’t matter to me.

Yea I just had to replace my battery recently and the AAA guy said it was only from 2019-2020 I forget

The battery was also bad but it turns out one of the connecting wires was frayed a little

I swear all women think the same. My wife got a Wrangler cause she wanted a G wagon so bad. Even added a hard shell case for the spare in the back. It’s all fun and games until a real G wagon pulls up then she’s jealous again cause she still doesn’t have a G wagon.

I swear all women think the same. My wife got a Wrangler cause she wanted a G wagon so bad. Even added a hard shell case for the spare in the back. It’s all fun and games until a real G wagon pulls up then she’s jealous again cause she still doesn’t have a G wagon.
The only vehicles I hate more than GWagons are any Tesla. $200k for a box on wheels.

S Audis are cool (I’ve owned a few), but man are they super boring to drive and frankly they are slow compared to their competitors. They are good highway cruisers mainly imo (especially s6/s 8 )
I text drove a couple S3’s and they were somewhat fun to drive. Nothing like something with a V8 of course. I ended up getting an A4 it’s quick enough for being a daily most times, but I do have the itch for a more intuitive drive.

Thoughts on the Roma?

Was looking to pick up another 911 but ferrari sales manager (happens to be a friend) is really pushing me to get a roma instead. Says it drives like an 812 (not that i've even driven one). Wants to drop one off for me to test out.

I would be buying at MSRP and by the looks of it, most of the ones on the market are over MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom