\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I thought about an 8th gen si. It's a good car but it needs a turbo. I test drove a few and just couldn't do it. You need to rev the hell out of them obviously so I wanted something else. I'd go with a mazdaspeed 3 all day. I taught a girl how to drive a stick in 20 minutes. She was dumb as a rock too. You can learn it. :lol:

Retrofitting headlights is time consuming. How long did that take? I want to do it to my camry since my hid's just spread the light everywhere but I have no idea how to.

Well I didn't make these...I don't have the skill to do something like that. I just mailed all the parts that were needed to his place to be constructed. It took him maybe about 2-3 days tops to assemble everything. The only negative experience I dealt with throughout that process was USPS losing my original headlights, making me fork over an extra 5 beans for a brand new pair of headlights....I had even insured em too! Of course I had the runaround saying I boxed my own headlights inappropriately 90 days later..

Dang, so you got no money back from usps after all that?

I thought about an 8th gen si. It's a good car but it needs a turbo. I test drove a few and just couldn't do it. You need to rev the hell out of them obviously so I wanted something else. I'd go with a mazdaspeed 3 all day. I taught a girl how to drive a stick in 20 minutes. She was dumb as a rock too. You can learn it. :lol:

People are afraid of it... They just gotta get to an empty parking lot, and give it 30 minutes... It's much easier to learn in a new car with a tight clutch... Cause I can vouch for learning how to drive on a POS Neon with the vaguess clutch ever...

Yeah or old trucks with 5ft long shifters. I can see that being tough for a noob. I learned on miata when I was young as hell. My grandpa gave no dambs and made me learn to drive a stick before I had a license. Glad he did though.

Yeah or old trucks with 5ft long shifters. I can see that being tough for a noob. I learned on miata when I was young as hell. My grandpa gave no dambs and made me learn to drive a stick before I had a license. Glad he did though.

Random story bout that ****** car.. Decided to take it for a cruise while mom was gone one day... One of the back tires seized up as soon I left drive way and left a huge skid mark up the road.. Yeah, I wasn't able able to splain that...

[thread="266081"]Before I bought the si, I was in the market for a gti or speed3. I've done research on the speed3s and found out that they're notorious for their motors blowing at low mileages. Dunno the situation now on the newer models though.[/thread]
That was just a bunch of idiots buying Cobb Tuners or other similar tuners and trying to self tune their cars

And like any engine at low miles.. You gotta break it in, and keep oil levels in check... Most good engines only get better after a little while...

:lol: I never took my mom's car before I had my license. I was too scared for all that. Once I got my license I got a straight bucket but I didn't have to sneak her car. :lol:

[thread="266081"]Post Your Car Vol Been A Minute/19530#post_20605687​[/thread]
That was just a bunch of idiots buying Cobb Tuners or other similar tuners and trying to self tune their cars
And like any engine at low miles.. You gotta break it in, and keep oil levels in check... Most good engines only get better after a little while...
Yep.

But i remember my buddy when he had his 07 speed3 was always showing me these jackasses on the Mazda forums that bought tuners and thought they knew what they were doing and were blowing their cars up 
laugh.gif

unless you plan to plant your foot down on the gas every chance you get, you should be fine for everyday driving

thats not how you guys drive?

i wonder when my driving habits will catch up to me

word. I tend to drive incredibly aggressive most of the time.

Once I'm a few years into my career (hopefully not too long from now) I want to buy a 2012 Ford F250 :pimp:

[@=/u/40679/grandtheftbike]@grandtheftbike[/@] no a gsr I was looking into a mr but heard to many horror stories about the drivetrain as dope as it is.
GSR > MR.  I sold my 05 MR to buy a 04 GSR :wink:

any particular reason that is? I'm looking into getting rid of my FRS and I was looking into getting a WRX because I read how much more comfortable they are for daily driving but I think the IX is just such a beautiful machine and I'm just about to begin to research about their reliability as well as other pros/cons

I thought about an 8th gen si. It's a good car but it needs a turbo. I test drove a few and just couldn't do it. You need to rev the hell out of them obviously so I wanted something else. I'd go with a mazdaspeed 3 all day. I taught a girl how to drive a stick in 20 minutes. She was dumb as a rock too. You can learn it.
laugh.gif
This is true. Im not making any power unless im above 4k rpm. If I wanna have a lively drive on the highway ill stick to 4th or 5th gear with 4.5-5k rpm.

I barely hit V-TEC, feel as if the powerband for V-TEC is too short.

Last edited:
Probably get flammed for this but I may throw the Tc into the equation any thoughts? The 2013 in that light grey color is calling my name.

i hate tcs

i guess i feel some type of way for hondas since that is where i started out. i think everyone should experience vtec at least once even if its dirt slow :lol:

Last edited:
never experienced vtec crew dont eem care i dont hate tc's but they are girly cars imo

the FRS > the TC but since the FRS is so over priced you might as well get a WRX since it cost the same :lol:

Last edited:

GSR > MR.  I sold my 05 MR to buy a 04 GSR 
wink.gif
any particular reason that is? I'm looking into getting rid of my FRS and I was looking into getting a WRX because I read how much more comfortable they are for daily driving but I think the IX is just such a beautiful machine and I'm just about to begin to research about their reliability as well as other pros/cons
If you are the kind of person that will leave the Evo alone and enjoy it stock, then it doesn't really matter. At that point it's just your preference of 6 speed vs 5 speed.  But if you plan to build it a little bit, the GSR is the way to go. First off, it's going to be cheaper for the same car just because are technically worth more. So that's more money for you to spend on rims, suspension, whatever you like. Second, the GSR 5 speed ****** is not only much stronger than the MR ******, but the longer gears are much nicer when dealing with a turbo car with decent power.  I had my MR up to nearly 400hp and i had to shift WAY to often. Not to mention i was pushing the limits of my transmission.....

Also, is there a reason you specifically mentioned the IX? Because when it comes to Evos, 8 > 9 In my opinion.
Probably get flammed for this but I may throw the Tc into the equation any thoughts? The 2013 in that light grey color is calling my name.
complete pieces of ****.

Last edited:
Love it! Looks beautiful.

It's a race between these (performance package) and the Lexus IS350.
Get the 350 son.

My old one:

Oooohh I hate you!!!! :lol: Repped.

How was the maintenance on these? Easy to DIY?

That's why I consider Accords because I have a 7th gen and my cousin has a 8th gen, and we work on our cars all the time!! So it's like we know everything about it already.

Oooohh I hate you!!!!
laugh.gif
Repped.

How was the maintenance on these? Easy to DIY?

That's why I consider Accords because I have a 7th gen and my cousin has a 8th gen, and we work on our cars all the time!! So it's like we know everything about it already.
I never had any issues with it. Just normal oil changes and she was golden.

Back
Top Bottom