\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What type of wizardry have they concocted
laugh.gif

Seriously! Wonder how durable that stuff is

Good man threw the grille on a couple weekends ago and now Im just trying to keep the pollen off it and not spend anymore money on it lol

I want to just go all out and make it a show car, bags, VIP wheels, new color interior, exhaust.... but part of me is telling me to wait and see if Im going to keep it.

STIs will always have my heart lol

Hows the SI?
Black is tough as hell to keep clean, my Si looks wrecked. 
laugh.gif
 I'd get thise TDI rims if I was you, I think I said it before.

In any case, I need a Flashpro and a drop asap. 

Doing it myself. The shop wanted $350, sheet of vinyl was $60. Doesn't look too hard, as long as you take the time to prep

*edit*

Well tried to do it...did not go well at all :lol: the groove in the roof makes it tough. think I'll be paying to have it done

Did you use a heat gun? Literally corrects (almost) any mistake you could possibly make. Also helps stretch it so you could make it around grooves and curves easier.

We have paint...Ferrari Grigio Silverstone to be exact. The heavy flake creates a deep metallic liquid look that should accentuate the body lines. Below is straight from the gun. Cut and buff starts Monday:

Wheels will be D2 Forged CV8 max convace 20x10 and 20x12.5:

Mine will be polished step-lip with graphite centers.

In June I will be launching Mid-America Cartell - tales of car culture from the Midwest.

It will cover the world of car culture but the original content will have a Midwest slant. I have features lined up with the top Midwest performance/tuning shops, builds, collections, photographers and will be attending 3-4 Midwest car shows a month.

If any of you guys are located in the Midwest check out the facebook before the full site launches:
https://www.facebook.com/MidAmericaCarTell

And if you have a car, shop or show that should be featured...PM me.

On to the Mid-America Cartell SL65 AMG x BenzWorks x Strasse Sport x D2 Forged x Prior Design widebody build...

If any of you guys are near Covina...Ivan Madrigal and Strasse Sport is your go to for EVERYTHING! He is well known in the BMW community for being a part of LTMW. He has now opened his own shop (Strasse Sport) and does everything from service to performance to carbon overlay to body work.

Very few places do body kit's the right way but Ivan is perfecting mine. When every other shop would have sent it off to the booth...Ivan continued to put 30 more hours of blocking and priming in...I couldn't be more happy with the results!

27ymlpi.jpg

sos329.jpg

2hfnc41.jpg

riytg0.jpg

1zpu0rr.jpg

Paint will be wrapped up Monday night then over to BenzWorks for performance. Updates to come soon.

Here are the befores:

As I bought it
2q1sc2x.jpg

Added Carbon:
sn0yzl.jpg

20ij4v8.jpg

Vossens:
1056v08.jpg

We have paint...Ferrari Grigio Silverstone to be exact. The heavy flake creates a deep metallic liquid look that should accentuate the body lines. Below is straight from the gun. Cut and buff starts Monday:

It's coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the final product. Are you doing any modifications to the engine?

ECU/TCU tune for now plus down pipes.

Going to leave it that way for a while because my existing warranty goes until winter. Then in time for SEMA I'll probably go to town. The engine is crammed into the bay and the stock air boxes are trash. First step is upgrading intakes, boxes and heat exchange plus likely upgrade the turbos.

We'll see though...the 700 lb/ft of torque is already intoxicating and nearly impossible to put down as is...so I very well may call it a day after then tune because I'm already thinking Alpha 9 GT-R.

Chasing horsepower with this maniac muscle car seems like a poor decision and money better spent on GT-R that can actually put all that power to use on a track.

no not yet.
can it also be from bad coolant? had a flush done a while back and dude gave me the green kind when my car needs dex-cool. the only time where its ok is if dude did a thorough flush and im not sure if he did or not.

how much would an oil pump cost? got a 07 impala with 126k
nah, coolant wouldnt do that. all coolant does is transfer heat and raise the boiling point of water (which is mixed with your coolant). i dont think it would be a big deal. especially on a simple daily driver vehicle.

im not saying 100% its the oil pump.. but its a possibility. i have a question though, what kind of gas have you been using the last 7 years? hope it aint arco.. i've seen what consistant YEARS of that gas did to my friends corolla, and he had a ton of sludge buildup, which can actually create blockage in the oil passages and thus, creating low oil pressure.

I looked on google, and it seems to be a common problem with the 3.9L v6 engine for impalas and chevys in genearl. It definately doesnt seem like a sensor issue, but more of a sludge problem. You might want to find some kind of detergents that mix with your oil to eat the sludge away. Again, this is all speculation.. its always best to get it checked out at a certified dealer. If I see these symptoms on google, theres no telling how many times customers have came into the dealerships with the same concern. I would definately call them and ask what the most likely culprit is. :smile:

no not yet.

can it also be from bad coolant? had a flush done a while back and dude gave me the green kind when my car needs dex-cool. the only time where its ok is if dude did a thorough flush and im not sure if he did or not.

how much would an oil pump cost? got a 07 impala with 126k
nah, coolant wouldnt do that. all coolant does is transfer heat and raise the boiling point of water (which is mixed with your coolant). i dont think it would be a big deal. especially on a simple daily driver vehicle.

im not saying 100% its the oil pump.. but its a possibility. i have a question though, what kind of gas have you been using the last 7 years? hope it aint arco.. i've seen what consistant YEARS of that gas did to my friends corolla, and he had a ton of sludge buildup, which can actually create blockage in the oil passages and thus, creating low oil pressure.

I looked on google, and it seems to be a common problem with the 3.9L v6 engine for impalas and chevys in genearl. It definately doesnt seem like a sensor issue, but more of a sludge problem. You might want to find some kind of detergents that mix with your oil to eat the sludge away. Again, this is all speculation.. its always best to get it checked out at a certified dealer. If I see these symptoms on google, theres no telling how many times customers have came into the dealerships with the same concern. I would definately call them and ask what the most likely culprit is. :smile:

Mine is the 3.5. Been using regular gas. Should I put marvel mystery oil in the engine?

ECU/TCU tune for now plus down pipes.

Going to leave it that way for a while because my existing warranty goes until winter. Then in time for SEMA I'll probably go to town. The engine is crammed into the bay and the stock air boxes are trash. First step is upgrading intakes, boxes and heat exchange plus likely upgrade the turbos.

We'll see though...the 700 lb/ft of torque is already intoxicating and nearly impossible to put down as is...so I very well may call it a day after then tune because I'm already thinking Alpha 9 GT-R.

Chasing horsepower with this maniac muscle car seems like a poor decision and money better spent on GT-R that can actually put all that power to use on a track.

That is a lot of power and adding more probably wouldn't make it enjoyable to drive on the streets in my opinion. An Alpha GT-R is :smokin though.

Looking into Escalade/EXT.... what's the price range I should be looking at. Don't want to end up paying more than I have to.

@HAWAII 5O
It would look even 10x better with the rear spacers. Wheel specs? Sorry I didnt back read if you already mentioned how wide the rears are.

Last edited:

Love driving a truck. Today i passed a house and the guy had put a buncha firewood for free in frunna the house. I had ran out of wood a couple weeks ago so i loaded up and left. Couldnt of done that in any other whip.

Been driving on the canyons alot lately :lol:
Truck is so hard to handle and turn on these sharp turns and stuff but so fun

Love driving a truck. Today i passed a house and the guy had put a buncha firewood for free in frunna the house. I had ran out of wood a couple weeks ago so i loaded up and left. Couldnt of done that in any other whip.

Repped. Love trucks... was contemplating on buying Toyota Tundra or Ford Raptor.

But now I want an Escalade EXT.

Repped. Love trucks... was contemplating on buying Toyota Tundra or Ford Raptor.

But now I want an Escalade EXT.

Raptor :pimp:

I love pickups. Hell, I love trucks in general :smokin

Been driving on the canyons alot lately
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

guys i need help picking out a new car. im using it for black car service and its supposed to be high end clients. ive narrowed it down to two choices since i cant afford an s-class yet.

lincoln MKT or cadillac XTS?

Back
Top Bottom