\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

VTEC is slow but so is my gti :lol: they are both good cars in their own ways. I love my gti but for me vr6 and a hatch is what sold me. I'd really like an r32 for the awd but that damn dsg. -_- not rolling the dice on that transmission.

Oooohh I hate you!!!! :lol: Repped.

How was the maintenance on these? Easy to DIY?

That's why I consider Accords because I have a 7th gen and my cousin has a 8th gen, and we work on our cars all the time!! So it's like we know everything about it already.

What have you done to your accord.

993 GT2 custom wide body....

I would go over there to attempt to steal those wheels off that Porsche

I love offset rims

Pfl

:lol: You would still be right.... '89 r32's are the Skylines slowly becoming available for import this year.
Is there a demand from US guys trying to import them now, any sort of market? I'm up in B.C., Canada, just above Washington, where skylines are a plenty. Been kicking around the idea of buying one and trying to market it to guys in WA if there's money to be made, they're cheap up here, around 10g for one that's fairly clean.

:lol: You would still be right.... '89 r32's are the Skylines slowly becoming available for import this year.
Is there a demand from US guys trying to import them now, any sort of market? I'm up in B.C., Canada, just above Washington, where skylines are a plenty. Been kicking around the idea of buying one and trying to market it to guys in WA if there's money to be made, they're cheap up here, around 10g for one that's fairly clean.
very high demand

Over heard my friends in my shop class talking about them don't know when they started to do it but they pop up on craigslist everyone and then

If you want to look fit one try searchtempest.com you'll find something there

GSR > MR.  I sold my 05 MR to buy a 04 GSR :wink:

any particular reason that is? I'm looking into getting rid of my FRS and I was looking into getting a WRX because I read how much more comfortable they are for daily driving but I think the IX is just such a beautiful machine and I'm just about to begin to research about their reliability as well as other pros/cons

If you are the kind of person that will leave the Evo alone and enjoy it stock, then it doesn't really matter. At that point it's just your preference of 6 speed vs 5 speed.  But if you plan to build it a little bit, the GSR is the way to go. First off, it's going to be cheaper for the same car just because are technically worth more. So that's more money for you to spend on rims, suspension, whatever you like. Second, the GSR 5 speed ****** is not only much stronger than the MR ******, but the longer gears are much nicer when dealing with a turbo car with decent power.  I had my MR up to nearly 400hp and i had to shift WAY to often. Not to mention i was pushing the limits of my transmission.....

Also, is there a reason you specifically mentioned the IX? Because when it comes to Evos, 8 > 9 In my opinion.

I just happened to like the body's of the IX, but what does VIII have "better" than the IX? I'm not opposed into looking at VIII's, especially if they'll be cheaper to obtain one.

Last edited:
Yeah I meant the vw. Don't have that dough to drop on the Nissan. I have seen a few busted *** r32's here. Looking like they got smuggled in by the Canadian cartel. :lol:

Yeah, there is a pretty strong demand. Canadians selling to Americans have a strong advantage for the next few months because the Japanese cars are not available for import yet. As it was explained to me, Canada titles their cars by year only meaning on the first of the year all 1989 models were available for import to the US. Japan on the other hand titles their cars by the exact manufacturing date, meaning the Japanese cars wont become available until late 2014 when the r32 production began.

If you are the kind of person that will leave the Evo alone and enjoy it stock, then it doesn't really matter. At that point it's just your preference of 6 speed vs 5 speed.  But if you plan to build it a little bit, the GSR is the way to go. First off, it's going to be cheaper for the same car just because are technically worth more. So that's more money for you to spend on rims, suspension, whatever you like. Second, the GSR 5 speed ****** is not only much stronger than the MR ******, but the longer gears are much nicer when dealing with a turbo car with decent power.  I had my MR up to nearly 400hp and i had to shift WAY to often. Not to mention i was pushing the limits of my transmission.....

Also, is there a reason you specifically mentioned the IX? Because when it comes to Evos, 8 > 9 In my opinion.
I just happened to like the body's of the IX, but what does VIII have "better" than the IX? I'm not opposed into looking at VIII's, especially if they'll be cheaper to obtain one.
8 and 9 have the same body though, lol. In fact so does the 7 (But they weren't produced in the US)

8s are 2003-2005, 9s are 2006 only

they have slightly different interior. Black/Dark blue seats in the 8, Black leather/black suede in the 9

black steering wheel in the 9, silver in the 8

9 has Mivec (similar to VTEC in Hondas) actually makes mods and tuning a little more of a pain in the ***

The 8 has a better looking front bumper, in MY opinion of course. The VIII is usually going to be cheaper because its older, so again, more money to throw at it after you get it. Although  the 9 has a better turbo, so kind of like the GSR vs MR debate, the 8 is better to buy if you will be modding the car. If you are content with rocking a stock Evo, it doesn't really matter just buy the nicest one you find that you like.....

but the weaker turbo on the 8 isn't a big deal, i bought a 9 turbo for my car for like $300

8 front bumper

wesrr1.jpg

9 front bumper

evo9bumper4.jpg

8 interior:

9 interior

mitsubishi-evo-9-2006-20051122003430781.jpg

Last edited:
very high demand

Over heard my friends in my shop class talking about them don't know when they started to do it but they pop up on craigslist everyone and then

If you want to look fit one try searchtempest.com you'll find something there
Oh no need to use that, my craigslist is full of them :lol: . It's skyline city here in BC. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/cta?query=skyline&srchType=T . There's a bunch of clean R34's already here, for around 12 grand.

Yeah, there is a pretty strong demand. Canadians selling to Americans have a strong advantage for the next few months because the Japanese cars are not available for import yet. As it was explained to me, Canada titles their cars by year only meaning on the first of the year all 1989 models were available for import to the US. Japan on the other hand titles their cars by the exact manufacturing date, meaning the Japanese cars wont become available until late 2014 when the r32 production began.
Interesting. Just did a quick look on craigslist, all the 1989's are more expensive then other similar years, looks like a lot of people are already trying to market them to people down in the states :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone mess with an Si with I/E and a Flashpro? Have an Injen intake now, stock exhaust. Was looking into a Full Race or Invidia Q300 exhaust but does Flashpro make THAT much of a difference? Ive heard nothing but great things about it. Wondering if a NTer has had an experience.

Anyone mess with an Si with I/E and a Flashpro? Have an Injen intake now, stock exhaust. Was looking into a Full Race or Invidia Q300 exhaust but does Flashpro make THAT much of a difference? Ive heard nothing but great things about it. Wondering if a NTer has had an experience.
Money to HP ratio ain't worth it. 

Money to HP ratio ain't worth it. 
exactly. Go forced induction or don't waste your money on go fast mods for it....

with the exception being Intake and Exhaust if you want it for the sound

Back
Top Bottom