\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

That's how I felt about Audis in the 2000s. Couldn't tell an A4 from an A6 at one point in time
yup these 2 were really hard to tell apart on TV
1920px-2002-2006_Mercedes-Benz_E-Class_%28W211%29_Elegance_sedan_01.jpg

1920px-Mercedes-Benz_W203_front_20171214.jpg

obviously the headlamps are a giveaway 1nce you got familial + the wheelbase(s) but still. then we have the rfx45 thread about bimmers looking the same

What’s next?

You have a Targa right?? I was gonna chill for a bit. Enjoying my Model X when I can, stuck in a 5 series lease with two more payments and I’m under miles, so as much as I wanna drive the Tesla, I have to put miles on the BMW and then I’ll start shopping again next month. I should’ve waited to get the Tesla but it was a demo loaded and heavily discounted. Those deals don’t come up often so I panic bought and got stuck with two dailies and two payments. I paid off the 911 last year and wasn’t driving it much. My brother has a 991.2 C4S and I can borrow it when I feel the need to.

If I didn’t have the 680 dollar BMW payment I’d likely be looking for a Targa as we speak. I’ve been checking and a Targa 4 GTS seems really rare compared to GT cars for some reason—I guess not a very popular model for the price point. Not a big 992 guy, local dealer is offering me 10% off on one, but it doesn’t feel like the 911 I know.

6D82E20F-6AAC-4A8E-8FD0-CF6B7FEEF1F3.jpeg

Get the targa lol. You won’t regret it. I love mine and see myself keeping it for a long time now that I’ve come to realize just how rare they are. From what I’ve heard the 992 targa is already hard to get an allocation for and I bet discounts are few and far between

You have a Targa right?? I was gonna chill for a bit. Enjoying my Model X when I can, stuck in a 5 series lease with two more payments and I’m under miles, so as much as I wanna drive the Tesla, I have to put miles on the BMW and then I’ll start shopping again next month. I should’ve waited to get the Tesla but it was a demo loaded and heavily discounted. Those deals don’t come up often so I panic bought and got stuck with two dailies and two payments. I paid off the 911 last year and wasn’t driving it much. My brother has a 991.2 C4S and I can borrow it when I feel the need to.

If I didn’t have the 680 dollar BMW payment I’d likely be looking for a Targa as we speak. I’ve been checking and a Targa 4 GTS seems really rare compared to GT cars for some reason—I guess not a very popular model for the price point. Not a big 992 guy, local dealer is offering me 10% off on one, but it doesn’t feel like the 911 I know.

6D82E20F-6AAC-4A8E-8FD0-CF6B7FEEF1F3.jpeg
My boy was just telling me about 20 mins ago about him test driving one of these. He said the acceleration is insane, no noise just puts you back.

Get the targa lol. You won’t regret it. I love mine and see myself keeping it for a long time now that I’ve come to realize just how rare they are. From what I’ve heard the 992 targa is already hard to get an allocation for and I bet discounts are few and far between

Not going to lie, since I wrote that last post I’ve been scouring the earth for a Targa. Two months of payments on the BMW isn’t a dealbreaker. I should be able to swing it. If the right car comes up I’m pulling the trigger.

I build out a 2020 Targa 4s with the usual sport options and it was 165k. I’ll pass on that.

A solid .2 GTS is in the 130-140 range with super low miles. At the typical 160k sticker that’s some pretty decent value retention and it entices me more to pull the trigger on one.

Damn thats very low miles! Nice. What made you want to sell, anything specific?

After pulling the Carfax, I drove the car 5k miles since 2017. I was getting emails from my local dealer trying to buy the car from me and they offered 56,500. I posted it online for 65k and it sold within 24 hours. So I pretty much committed to the sale with the intent of getting a 992 S or 991.2 Targa GTS in a few months. I don’t have anything lined up to buy as of now but that may change at anytime lol. Wasted about two hours at work so far shopping online.

The 991.2 targas seem to have a little bit further to go in terms of depreciation. I think they will go down a bit more once the 992 arrives. The 991.1 like mine seem to have hit bottom and are on the way up. I haven’t seen a .1 targa 4s for less than about $90 which more than what I paid 2 years ago.

I can't lie I am really interested in what the coupe will do. Thing must be the closet thing to a space shuttle launch without being an astronaut.
Annotation 2020-08-10 152043.jpg
i dont like tesla at all, or elon musk for that matter
but i will give them credit for their aero dynamics

da honda insight held the title of least drag coefficient until i think da model s, which for a big car is super aerodynamic. it needs only like i think 14 hp to maintain 70mph

i think its also why gordon murray didnt put big vents and stuff in the front of the t.50 to keep it more adurodynamic.

The 991.2 targas seem to have a little bit further to go in terms of depreciation. I think they will go down a bit more once the 992 arrives. The 991.1 like mine seem to have hit bottom and are on the way up. I haven’t seen a .1 targa 4s for less than about $90 which more than what I paid 2 years ago.

You got a hell of a deal, congrats

I bought a supra over the weekend :lol:

95 non turbo manual

38E29008-4FAA-4E62-BBE6-A4A558F46409.JPG

A4A6943F-EF90-40EA-8AFB-125ACB5A1D99.JPG

846DDCE4-0FCF-408E-8448-03C8DC6FE31C.JPG

Not looking for specifics but how was the price all things considered. I want one but then I don't want one. I have basically covered my bases around her with an MK3 and an SC400. I just get upset with the price gouging because of The Fast & Furious.

She is rough, but she is a Supra the sky is the limit in power. Welcome to the family. What you have planned for her.

I bought a supra over the weekend :lol:

95 non turbo manual

38E29008-4FAA-4E62-BBE6-A4A558F46409.JPG

A4A6943F-EF90-40EA-8AFB-125ACB5A1D99.JPG

846DDCE4-0FCF-408E-8448-03C8DC6FE31C.JPG

giphy.gif

You know what looking back on the movie now as a seasoned adult. Why didn't Brian just get a wrecked Supra in the beginning and build it? He would decimate all challengers from the start, even Dom's RX7. He had access to the police impound lot, obviously not many modded cars back then but plenty of decent powerplants.

Back
Top Bottom