\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Also never registered my whip and this will be my first time. does anyone know if that’s gonna be a problem when I head to the BMV next week? Plan on just telling em I was out of state and wasn’t able to get around to it :lol:

Just came back from the dealership. Pops got himself a brand new 2020 Honda C-RV Touring. It is very comfortable ride & nice overall finish. Got a few packages put on it, mainly blacked out trim/wheels & such
20200822_174603.jpg
20200822_174615.jpg
20200822_175019.jpg
20200822_180631.jpg
20200822_190746.jpg
What’s good with that M2 Comp next to it though :nerd:

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 People been putting hemis in Jeeps for a while now. It shouldn’t be that difficult for fca to throw one in and throw a mopar 2” lift kit and other minor uogrades on a Rubi. I wouldn’t be surprised if a year from now/sept you could at least order one. Maybe sooner? Idk but I don’t think it’s years out.
Yea im a Jeep guy, very familiar with the Hemi swap. Expensive af though lol. Like $20-25k to do it right. I think the LS3 swap is more popular for Jeeps, honestly. My understanding is that Jeep hasn't done it bc it required a lot of moving stuff around to make it fit and then it couldn't pass crash tests. There tweet said "soon" so I was hoping to be able to order one sooner than a year.

Yea im a Jeep guy, very familiar with the Hemi swap. Expensive af though lol. Like $20-25k to do it right. I think the LS3 swap is more popular for Jeeps, honestly. My understanding is that Jeep hasn't done it bc it required a lot of moving stuff around to make it fit and then it couldn't pass crash tests. There tweet said "soon" so I was hoping to be able to order one sooner than a year.
Aev has had a hemi swap kit out for a while. Never seemed to complicated but yes pricey.

by that same logic u can compare a hellcat to an 812 super fast

just because its the brand's halo car it does not mean its in the same class of vehicle

gt is a legit supercar

a c8 is not considered a super car.

812 Superfast compared to a Hellcat? That doesn't make any sense. The 812 Superfast is a front engine supercar that is not only fast in a straight line but can also handle. Maybe not THE creme de la creme of best handling cars but can still hold its own. The hemi is really only good for straight line drag racing.

Just because the car isn't in the same class based on price point per say, doesn't mean it shouldn't be compared. So we shouldn't compare the Nissan GTR (Nissan's HALO car) to the rest of the world's supercars when the R35 debuted? Magazines were doing that often back in 2009.

And to your statement about the C8 not being a supercar. Once the C8 Z06...or better yet, the Zr1 comes out, I'd be willing to put money on it that many magazines and people are going to put it up there with some of the world's best supercars in terms of specs and times. A basic C8 Corvette has already proven that it can hang with a hellcat. I can only imagine how higher the ceiling will be for the Z06+

Corvettes will never be a supercar IMO. Sure the z06 etc May be faster than some legit super cars but that alone does not make them super cars IMO. Same with GTR.
Exactly the main goal of the gtr and Corvette was to be the "poor man sports car" that put shame to foreign cars 2-3 times its price and it does just that.
Corvette is trying to make that jump but I dont see it happening. Guess time will tell

Tell Pops congrats on the new whip Zo!!!! I like that. I might look into that to replace my Renegade for the daily!
Will do Joe, thanks brother. Congrats to you on the new Kitty! Looks even meaner than your 1st if that's even possible lol. Dropped it off to TrueStreet yet? And if you do look into it lmk...I got you with the insider deal. My Dad's salesman is my younger brothers boy from JHS. He'll give you a sweeeet deal as he did for my pops. You're selling the Renegade? Any particular reason why?

What’s good with that M2 Comp next to it though :nerd:
Yeah that's my garage neighbor. Parks next to my Challenger. He ruined it with the current rims imo. Sick car though, nimble as hell I imagine. Currently he has the CF spoiler removed from the trunk & just chilling up against the wall lol, maybe he's getting ready to put a big gaudy wing on it? Would think he'd care about the spoiler a little more since it's full carbonfiber but guess not 🤷‍♂️. You can see it peeking towards the right of the pic
20200822_190753.jpg

There is no Nissan super car 😂
Gtr is not a super car
GTR fanboys will swear up & down all day long that it indeed is a supercar & are ready to chew anyone alive if they disagree lol. Curious what makes it ineligible to qualify as a "supercar"? I kinda like to believe it is supercar-ish

It’s been 7 months in the 650 (time flies when you’re having fun) and if I don’t end up in an M6 /i8 next year I think I might be dipping my toe outside of bmw waters :frown::frown:.
The P car is really calling me. Hoping a 4S will be enough to satisfy me but I think it will

4s is much better than all of the above and it’s not even close. My brother came from a fully modified M6, no expenses spared. Vorsteiner authentic everything, FI exhaust, RPI catless downpipes, 21” HREs, KW V3 etc. and his bone stock 991.2 4s is much more car. It’s just not as loud and obnoxious. I’ll miss the sound of that car, but it will never sound better than a Porsche drives.

Last edited:
GTR fanboys will swear up & down all day long that it indeed is a supercar & are ready to chew anyone alive if they disagree lol. Curious what makes it ineligible to qualify as a "supercar"? I kinda like to believe it is supercar-ish
Yeah definitely isn't a supercar, speed alone is not a requirement for a supercar.

Back
Top Bottom