post your most heartbreaking moments as a sports fan

basketball wise game 6 2006 1st round lakers vs suns, kwame tips the ball to tim thomas..... you all know the rest

game 6 2008 nba finals, need i say more

game 4 of the 1998 western finals and game 4 of the 1999 western conference semifinals. going out with a whimper those two years bugged the hell out of meas a laker fan

game 7 2006 nlcs the strike 3 looking call on carlos beltran

a compilation of the final 2 weeks of the mets 2007 and 2008 seasons

and finally the 1997 nfc championship game where the packers owned the 49ers in san francisco.

post your not so fortunate moments your team has had.

Not even an on field moment. But nothing will top this to me personally.

071127_football_star_tragedy_taylor.jpg

tired.gif
tired.gif

Game 7...Starks...

Game 7...Luis Gonzalez...

Game 7...coming back from down 3-0...

Game 7...Ray Bourque stealing our Cup...

Game 6...Beckett SHO...

Mike reminded me of a boxing one...Kostya Tzsyu quitting on his stool against Hatton.

steve young going down with that concussion

sean taylor's death

the ravens losing to the patriots in such an epic game

patriots going udftd

moss topping rice's record

the "tuck rule game"

any time the patriots succeed

1) 2001 WS Game 7 vs DBacks

2) 2004 ALCS Games 4-7

3) Missing the playoffs in 08.

4) Reggie Miller getting blocked by Prince in 04.

'98 Vikings. NFC Championship game. Gary Andersen. No female could ever come close to that moment of heartbreak in my life.

I have every blazer playoff game from the jailblazers era on VHS...this is the only game i can watch.

This play + the shaq non call on steve smith still hurts..

Tim Thomas.

Ohio St *

04 Finals

03 NLCS

Magic's retirement

63-7 vs Jax in Dan's final game

Barry Sanders sudden retirement

Losin in the AFC conference championship at home to the Bills.

Sugar Bowl vs Alabama

Wood and Prior blowing out their arms every other game

Letting Greg Maddux walk in his prime

Kirby Freeman

Game 4 in the 08 finals

Monday night miracle vs the Jets

03 west semis, Horry with a rare miss that could have advanced us to a 4th straight title

Back to back series vs the Jazz when we stayed getting swept.

91 losing to Mike

ST's Death...

Fake P.I. call in 02' Fiesta Bowl

Gettting blown out 48-0 in last game at the orange bowl

-nothing beats magic johnson announcing his retirement due to HIV
frown.gif

-a distant second has to be roger craigs fumble in the NFC championship in 1990 against the giants...we couldve 3peated!
-04 finals and game 4 of last years finals
-getting swept in 1998 and 1999

Dude, we had FIVE starting first bllad HOFers (counting Phill
grin.gif
) and couldn't get the chemistry together
smh.gif
smh.gif
. That hurt so much more than Kobe'sdemolition at the hands of the 3 party.

+#%# Tim Thomas too, for the record...

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

-nothing beats magic johnson announcing his retirement due to HIV
frown.gif

-a distant second has to be roger craigs fumble in the NFC championship in 1990 against the giants...we couldve 3peated!
-04 finals and game 4 of last years finals
-getting swept in 1998 and 1999

i was too young to remember the roger craig fumble.

i was going to post game 6 in 2003 against the spurs but honestly i really wasn't even mad about that series, the spurs were the better team that year,plus it was inevitable that someone was eventually going to knock the lakers off after 3 peating and im just glad it wasn't loud mouthed sacramento ordallas.

probably when we lost 3-1 lead vs the suns. that team could have made it to the finals.. that was the year Kobe dominated the Mavs.

cubs - game 6 NLCS? the bartman game. arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2005 - IL loss to NC.... man what a run that was...

all i can think of right now.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS:

The 2000 ALDS, losing to the Yankees in five great games.

Jeter's brilliant back handed flip to stop Jeremy Giambi from reaching home safely in Game Three of the 2001 ALDS.

The 2002 ALDS against the Twins, who only now I've started to treat as just another MLB team (instead of a monster that should cease to exist).

The 2003 ALDS, in which Derek (piece of ****) Lowe strikes out Terrence Long looking, then proceeds to face the Oakland clubhouse and point to his crotch(I'll never forget this; the biggest reason I'll always hate the Red Sox and the only time I've ever cheered for the Yankees in the ALCS thatyear.) Thank God for Aaron Boone
pimp.gif

Being swept out of the ALCS in 2006 by the Tigers, only to see the Tigers embarrass the AL and lose in five games to the Cardinals (I still contend that theA's would have won that year, but they should have handled their business with the Tigers. They lost rightfully, and the Tigers deserved the World Series).

LOS ANGELES LAKERS:

The 2002-2003 playoffs, losing to San Antonio in the second round and officially ending our dynasty.

The 2003-2004 NBA Finals, being embarrassed by the Pistons in five games and the ensuing off-season, in which the team was broken up and my favorite playerfrom that dynasty was traded (you can guess who
frown.gif
)

Missing the playoffs for only the fifth time in franchise history in 2004-2005 with an awful 34-48 (which did eventually lead to us getting Bynum, so maybe itwasn't so bad).

Losing to the Suns in back to back playoff years, especially the 2005-2006 playoffs (
mad.gif
)

Losing to the Celtics in the 2007-2008 Finals (another Boston team that can burn in Hell).

OAKLAND RAIDERS:

Losing to the Ravens in the 2000 AFC Championship and seeing Tony Siragusa's fat #$! sit on Rich Gannon, which is pretty funny now that I think about it
laugh.gif

The 'Tuck Rule' game in the 2001 Divisional Playoff with the Patriots. Not much to be said there
eyes.gif

Getting our #+$!% handed to us in the 2002 Super Bowl by the Bucs.

Every season and move by the front office since that season (excluding drafting Nnamdi)

Back
Top Bottom