Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

I really need a new Puerto Rico WBC fitted. Mad as **** they just disappeared one day
I been looking for a Canada one lately, i dunno where they went. I only see countries like Netherlanda and Italy and ****.

Anybody knows if Lids open in NYC area Today ? I’m trying to pick up the new 97 Jackie fit and the 2020 opening Day fit ... Mets of course

I don't think fitteds ever left, I bought a couple last year that were sold out and I had to track down.

I've seen a couple IG sneaker cats start their custom fitteds and patches, seems it might have gotten the younger people back on them.

I've always hated buying fitteds without patches, I'm always looking for patches on my fitteds and jerseys.

Some of this custom stuff is cool but I prefer on fields. I think the only non on field Yankees I have is the Spike Lee fitteds over the years and a 27th championship gold trim fitted

Remember when New Era was doing this big *** sticker??? Haven't seen them do it in a few years.

51kwGW5kG-L.jpg

Man i still have that sticker on a Cinci Reds that was one of the first fitteds I ever bought over 10 years ago. I just recently moved and when i started unpacking i came across the hat. I went and tried to remove the sticker but then i seen how discolored the top of the brim looked. :sick:

I’ll be honest, I didn’t see this dynamic shift coming. Once new era said they were closing their derby ny factory and quality would be taking a serious hit, I saw it first hand with HC. I felt they were months away from closing. They were struggling with product selection and inventory. They pushed wrestling, flint stones and the like.

For awhile, you could wait weeks before caps sold out. Few sold out same day. One recent example. The 50th anniversary patch brewers collection. I bought a MB brewers cap a few years back. No sell outs. No hoopla. I think I got it on sale weeks after release. Now you throw a patch on anything, and it’s gone.

Quality has taken a big hit. Price is now $42 minimum, yet they’re more popular than ever. It defies logic. They’re truly like Nike retros now. Trash quality. Higher prices. And they still sell out.

For now, it looks like HC has found a moderately decent overseas factory to push out nearly what derby was doing. So kudos for finding a new niche. Not all overseas caps are created equal. Many random fashion caps that lids used to have were beyond bad. From the looks of many of these pickups, China is the new usa. I’d avoid Bangladesh and Haiti if possible.

New pickup
2008 era Cleveland Indians on field. Black under. 100% poly. MUSA.
4073C5B2-C732-4CB3-BE04-DC1960A059DE.jpeg

NOt my favorite wahoo. The light navy looks like purple in some situations. It’s not ideal but for less than $20, I’ll buy every wahoo I can.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t see this dynamic shift coming. Once new era said they were closing their derby ny factory and quality would be taking a serious hit, I saw it first hand with HC. I felt they were months away from closing. They were struggling with product selection and inventory. They pushed wrestling, flint stones and the like.

For awhile, you could wait weeks before caps sold out. Few sold out same day. One recent example. The 50th anniversary patch brewers collection. I bought a MB brewers cap a few years back. No sell outs. No hoopla. I think I got it on sale weeks after release. Now you throw a patch on anything, and it’s gone.

Quality has taken a big hit. Price is now $42 minimum, yet they’re more popular than ever. It defies logic. They’re truly like Nike retros now. Trash quality. Higher prices. And they still sell out.

For now, it looks like HC has found a moderately decent overseas factory to push out nearly what derby was doing. So kudos for finding a new niche.

New pickup

NOt my favorite wahoo. The light navy looks like purple in some situations. It’s no ideal but for less than $20, I’ll buy every wahoo I can.
Compared to any other piece in a wardrobe fitteds are the cheapest. $42 is nothing compared to what cats drop for sneakers jeans etc.

Compared to any other piece in a wardrobe fitteds are the cheapest. $42 is nothing compared to what cats drop for sneakers jeans etc.
People weren’t even dropping $35 just 18 months back. I’ve seen more fitted shops online close up than open up. Variety is at an all time low as well. Not having the custom lids inventory hurts. Interesting times.

For now, it looks like HC has found a moderately decent overseas factory to push out nearly what derby was doing. So kudos for finding a new niche. Not all overseas caps are created equal. Many random fashion caps that lids used to have were beyond bad. From the looks of many of these pickups, China is the new usa. I’d avoid Bangladesh and Haiti if possible.

New pickup

NOt my favorite wahoo. The light navy looks like purple in some situations. It’s not ideal but for less than $20, I’ll buy every wahoo I can.

This was one of the first two fitteds i ever bought, and i thought i was bugging out with the color. It def has a purple-ish hue in certain light, I still need that 90s grey underbrim big Wahoo fitted for the collection.

Speaking of, I finally got the Braves "A" tomahawk with the grey under and a Red Sox with '04 WS patch a few weeks ago from the 4U sale.

IMG_20200616_223748.jpg

IMG_20200616_223827.jpg

IMG_20200616_223856.jpg

This was one of the first two fitteds i ever bought, and i thought i was bugging out with the color. It def has a purple-ish hue in certain light, I still need that 90s grey underbrim big Wahoo fitted for the collection.

Speaking of, I finally got the Braves "A" tomahawk with the grey under and a Red Sox with '04 WS patch a few weeks ago from the 4U sale.

IMG_20200616_223748.jpg

IMG_20200616_223827.jpg

IMG_20200616_223856.jpg

That teal dbacks looks more marlin color ish than the marlins retros.
That black/purple dbacks custom a page or two back is pretty slick. Those are the customs I can most get into.

now obviously theyve had aqua/purple before with the A
34434691091_878eed5fd5_c_d.jpg

And black/aqua
34564878835_68b7176dcd_c_d.jpg

the custom from a week or two back was black/purple. We’ve never seen the cooper D logo on a purple crown.

HC used to have tons of Az locations. I want to say they’re HQd there. Not many customs from them lately for az.

thats HC at its best (over some patches). Customs that look like they could’ve been a teams alternates.

stunning aqua in the post above. Maybe it’s been photoshopped a tad? The aqua they used to use is in the above photos I found online. The lighter aqua may not be og specific but it’s vastly better imho.

NYC, Do you know any stores open around Queens, looking for Yankees 7 1/8. Most stores saying its not open.

Back
Top Bottom