Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

A Cowboys two-tone fitted hat.
IMG_4545.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG

What the A stand for in your ends? That’s the set? :nerd:
My name :lol:

I mentioned before, i played for a youth baseball team that had the same logo/uniform as Oakland. I use to wear the gear to school all the time. Jackets, caps. It just became my ****, it stuck.

Speaking of, one more touched down
20201002_162335.jpg

20201002_162435.jpg
20201002_164001.jpg

Need to hit up my safety deposit box. Got some jewelry i need to break out. Will post pics here or jewelry thread once i stop being lazy.

^nice. Wahoo has had a bit of hype since July and then the subsequent Washington football team name change. Wahoo has been selling quite well. He’s currently banned from the new era custom list, except for select customs.

fun fact

many 1997 ws caps feature the flat wahoo which changed in 1996 to raised. Many players caps have the old design. Same with retail versions.

A raised 97 raised wAhoo is more rare than what’s pictured. I’ve seen many of the flat wahoos. Which is likely just entirely all old stock and not the change of pace logo. Many players wore both styles.

can’t believe i just yesterday learned about hatclub.

now i’m in the hunt for more fitteds w/patches.

anyone have a small list of sites that sell authentic hats with them? copped the la joint off hatclub yesterday. had no idea caps sell out in less than a min man.

if you have resell sites too, i’d appreciate it. need that phillies from yesterday

Here’s a few recent pickups for me. I’ve been wanting an og Astros alternate on field with the gold bill and raised stitching Astros star for years. I’ve only came across remakes or og on fields without the raised stitching on the star in my size

29116D8A-13B8-4D8F-8E52-16FBB5DA8843.jpeg
34ECFD95-4F02-4830-B778-17FE711C8456.jpeg

Been looking for an og wool black A’s on field for a while as well. Found one in a size I can fit on eBay for a good price and jumped on it.

E98DCFEB-1267-44AA-A4F2-566E3B318914.jpeg
967D1E4F-9CB2-4DA0-B8A7-E9F9701F651D.jpeg

I really don’t care much for black nasties, but I’ll get random ones for collecting purposes. The 2020 all star hat is kinda cool since the game never happened. My gf used that t mobile tuesday mlb shop deal and grabbed me the 2020 postseason joint.

C5FF2939-54D7-4B88-A1DA-0F6F681B729D.jpeg
D1BCFE37-4238-4C80-A0A3-D1BE6D437129.jpeg

^nice. Wahoo has had a bit of hype since July and then the subsequent Washington football team name change. Wahoo has been selling quite well. He’s currently banned from the new era custom list, except for select customs.

fun fact

many 1997 ws caps feature the flat wahoo which changed in 1996 to raised. Many players caps have the old design. Same with retail versions.

A raised 97 raised wAhoo is more rare than what’s pictured. I’ve seen many of the flat wahoos. Which is likely just entirely all old stock and not the change of pace logo. Many players wore both styles.

I don’t know if you remember last year, I told you about some lot of Indians on fields I got on eBay for a really good price. There was a 97 Indians in the lot. I automatically assumed it was a remake since it had a raised Chief wahoo. I got the lot in and it ended up being an og from 97. I ended up keeping if since it ran big for a 7 1/2. I normally wear 7 5/8 or 7 3/4.

D6F3B1D1-8034-4DF7-B104-D25F7B9DA54F.jpeg
D0806E4E-D5F2-479D-9BBA-7DAD171BE2D2.jpeg
4EADA305-97C6-4F7F-BE12-5D931E8133EC.jpeg

I don’t know if you remember last year, I told you about some lot of Indians on fields I got on eBay for a really good price. There was a 97 Indians in the lot. I automatically assumed it was a remake since it had a raised Chief wahoo. I got the lot in and it ended up being an og from 97. I ended up keeping if since it ran big for a 7 1/2. I normally wear 7 5/8 or 7 3/4.

D6F3B1D1-8034-4DF7-B104-D25F7B9DA54F.jpeg
D0806E4E-D5F2-479D-9BBA-7DAD171BE2D2.jpeg
4EADA305-97C6-4F7F-BE12-5D931E8133EC.jpeg
Nice! That's the one. He's vaguely different than the flat wahoo. But totally unique. I remember that lot. Heck of a deal then. Can't imagine now. He's skyrocketed in price.

The large raised wahoo is a bit of a small window in time for the team. By 2003, they had already went smaller wahoo. So he was barely around 7 years.

There's a lot of cross over styles. For example the 2006 tigers world series cap. They wore wool grey unders during the year but black nasties can be found in larger abundance for retail. You may even see the same for the Cardinals. And then in 2007, there are ws caps with grey unders even though they had a full season with black poly. Teams took whatever they could find. It's easier to spot in teams like the Indians when designs change.

dharv dharv
There's a few main sites. HC being the most popular.
4ucaps, exclusivefitted, sportsworld165, myfitteds, hatheaven, and ecapcity are the main core group. Releases come random and often. Bunker down. You're about to spend a lot lol.

wallyhopp wallyhopp I’ve seen those Cardinals and Tigers crossovers before. Never saw a wool 07 rockies or Red Sox though. But I do remember as late as 2011 some players were still wearing wool hats. I remember watching the 2011 World Series and seeing a few guys on the Rangers wearing grey underbrims.

As for when they started raising the chief wahoo logo. I remember getting one my freshman year of high school in 98 and it was raised and it seems like some on the 97 had it. I’ve occasionally seen black Marlins 97 hats with the raised F. But most were the flat older stock. Around that time in 98. I remember going to had stores and sports stores and seeing less popular teams like the Rockies, Twins, Royals, Expos etc where their stock was mixed of older flat logos and raised logo hats.

I’m assuming the raised logos started in 96 for some teams as I know the Yankees, Dodgers and Braves on fields had raised logos on the hats that season.

wallyhopp wallyhopp I’ve seen those Cardinals and Tigers crossovers before. Never saw a wool 07 rockies or Red Sox though. But I do remember as late as 2011 some players were still wearing wool hats. I remember watching the 2011 World Series and seeing a few guys on the Rangers wearing grey underbrims.

As for when they started raising the chief wahoo logo. I remember getting one my freshman year of high school in 98 and it was raised and it seems like some on the 97 had it. I’ve occasionally seen black Marlins 97 hats with the raised F. But most were the flat older stock. Around that time in 98. I remember going to had stores and sports stores and seeing less popular teams like the Rockies, Twins, Royals, Expos etc where their stock was mixed of older flat logos and raised logo hats.

I’m assuming the raised logos started in 96 for some teams as I know the Yankees, Dodgers and Braves on fields had raised logos on the hats that season.
Mlbcollectors mostly says the raised logos happened in 1996 league wise, including the Indians. Many players wore the flat logo into the 1997 World Series. So maybe it wasn’t so concrete with cap styles back then as it is now. 96-98 sounds about right. I’m sure places even sold the old style until it was sold out well into 1998.

I may be off with the Rockies and Red Sox cap. I can’t seem to find examples right now. But I do know when the poly caps switched labels every three years, they had the regular labeled caps from 2007-2008, and then cool base 2009-2011, and fly your own flag 2012-2015.

I own a tigers ws 2012 set. One is cool base, one is FYOF. That’s just more under the hood changes and not a grey vs black change. I know when the Dodgers and Cubs made the World Series recently, these places were picking up any stock they could find to throw a ws patch on the side. I bet there’s cool base Dodgers caps out there, and even fly your own flag.
Back when the added the side flag for good, I believe there was a time frame when the side flags were sort of glued onto

1978S 1978S I wish. I had green rhino123 green rhino123 help Me age it. It’s from 1992. It’s sort of a thin white cotton sweatband. The whole hat sort of feels cheap. But it’s super comfortable. 3930 styling dad hat almost. But it’s a 7 7/8 so I had to get it. Larger sizes pre 1995 are rare.

I hope mine don't come like that I picked usps n fedex is dropping it off at usps smh

Dudes at FedEx are clowns. And the wildest part is the dudes at the FedEx that dropped it off put that busted *** box into a fresh box so that it wouldn't like insane to leave that stomped out box on my doorstep.

One thing to remember is that there is fedex smart post. That’s fedex doing 90% of the work and the post office doing the final leg delivery. Ups does the same thing. They call theirs ups surepost. Not sure why HC even uses the smart post mechanics when they could just deliver first class.

Shout out to 4ucaps. They shipped within a day on a Friday and across the us in an unsmashed box within 2-3 days.

couldn’t decide so I went with just three
all grey unders. All flat battermans. No ne flags. All are wool. Unfortunately they are all made in bangladesh. Stitching is decent. Sizing is perfect. Crowns are just slightly bulbous
EC837F46-C0F2-471B-97AA-394A32C3666C.jpeg

and the true test. Originals vs customs.
5AE1DD5C-7D54-4DF0-BBCE-85B98D698083.jpeg

they hit the Indians out of the park. The original uses a shiny silver outline and even your batterman was shiny. The retro, which I believe is the first ever I custom, has all those same features. Likewise with the twins. Original has a red button. The retro does too. Lots of times they can miss or skimp on these smaller changes.
Overall, Bangladesh poly is just nasty stuff imho. The Bangladesh wool is closer to Chinese wool, with a small bit of fuzz.
Solid B to B+ here on all three.

I can still wear Rays stuff although I'm a Dodgers fan. I like being different because they're a small market team that doesn't have a large fan base. Not many people wear Rays hats. I'm positive I'm the only dude in L.A. who'll wear Rays stuff. 😆
IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4529.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG

I even wore this hat with the sky blue jersey to a game at Angel Stadium in 2017 when Rays visited Angels. But I didn't have those shoes yet. It was on a Friday, the first game back from the All-Star break. I got a hell of a deal too! I got in with a $7 ticket and ended up moving down to an empty front row seat behind the visitors dugout! I really got good pictures and I got on TV sporadically during that game! This hat on my head definitely got on TV that day. 😆😎

I’m in LA too lol
13ADEF21-56C5-48A3-852A-61E49D296025.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom