Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

I don't mind the diff colored brims because I'm not a fan of owning multiples of the same hat so it gives me more variety to choose from. However, kelly green brim will always be my #1. Black, navy, or red cap with the green brim is 👌🏽
Some look dope. Some are OD. It’s hard enough to wear the hats when you have so many so I just feel some of those colors will get worn one and be shelved for months after. But to each it’s own. Dope either way.

Saw this on New Era Japan. It's a sign pinwheels are going to make a comeback next.
12540891_1_480x@2x.progressive.jpg

One trend I’m glad got shelved is the back patches/batter man combo. I’m usually for less is more. But a huge back logo looks wrong. It’s worse than a side flag. I can only find two instances when it happened

2012 Mets 50th
C2736744-AB8A-4117-8B28-7C26FEF20104.jpeg

and then not only did your 2009 world champs Yankees hat have it (aren’t these usually released the year after to commemorate it?), but it was on the 2009 World Series cap
2428329E-7AA8-4282-9129-C5F423AE91FB.jpeg
63B7DB31-C15E-47A4-A194-A48E14B5F06F.png
F9EAB4DD-AF80-4447-890E-2250CA21B566.jpeg
AB105D63-5879-4DAC-BD10-D5740AE067ED.jpeg

now I did find a version of the 09 ws patch and regular batterman. So variations Do exist.
And in modern terms, HC had a pretty accurate side and back stitched logo custom done lately.

but yes. Let me just say how happy I am this trend never took off. The Mets had their inaugural season patch on the side for 2009 for citi field, but the Yankees wanted it on the back.
I guess my grip is that most teams wore many of these patches for one game or a week or just home games for awhile. Some teams took their anniversary patches to extreme levels. I didn’t exactly like that cross over

batterman back and one patch depicting the current event. Don’t overlap.

Some caps just suck., fit and look wise. Is it made in Bangladesh? The only caps that truly seemed right were made in USA and a close second was Chinese wool. The rest needed tons of work.

I just got my LA with the palm trees in today as well and the first thing I noticed was the boxy shape as well. Then the loose fit. Nothing like the other 7 1/2's I have. That was slightly disappointing.

Got these in for a real good price the other day. Nothing special. But as a Laker fan these are cool. I’ve been wanting that 16 titles hat back in my collection for a while.

On another note, it seems like new era refuses to make a two tone Lakers fitted with a gold crown and a purple bill. I have a few purple Laker two tones with a gold bill, but finding what I mentioned has been tough.

06FAAAAC-254E-4B9C-BD3C-2E4769832602.jpeg

I have personally never used this site but seems legit from the reviews I've read. Only thing is it looks like they're not based out of the US so shipping is $20

yeah. Uniwatch and sportslogos.net, I occasionally check out

Nice, same here, daily reads for me. Appreciate all your knowledge and insight, and envious of the better quality grey underbrims you've been picking up.

No new pickups for me but found three Yankees hats I had in storage. Stopped wearing them because I couldn't fit them but after giving each hat a cleaning, they all fit me again.

20200904_210821.jpg

20200904_210904.jpg
20200904_211328.jpg

I couldn't find a picture online of those early 2000s New Era hats that had NFL team helmets as the front graphic instead of the traditional team logo. I think they were pinwheel design too. They stopped making them after the early 2000s especially when sorry Reebok got the license to solely F up NFL hats.

Anyone remember those hats with a team's helmet in an angled position as the front graphic? I liked how the team helmet was enlarged on the front. I hope they rehash that style.

If New Era rehashed those team helmet hats, I would get a Bengals one if feasible. And I would be more motivated if Mitchell & Ness rehashed the Bengals jerseys too.

The Bengals helmet pictured below with their traditional tiger stripe motif as the front graphic of a fitted hat would be so nice.
Boomer1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom