Post your pets vol. Bullys

just copped

pimp.gif

That bulldog is dope.. I heard they have many problems though.. Is that true?? Its also expensive to maintain.

bullys
smokin.gif

they are very expensive to maintain, but they're personality is like none other

heres my bully

downsized0614091449.jpg

1007091837.jpg

0904091636a.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

That bulldog is dope.. I heard they have many problems though.. Is that true?? Its also expensive to maintain.
I am wondering the same thing, my girl wants us to get a Bull dog.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

you just got to find a world class breeder and spend the extra money for a healthy pup. chances are they will have less problems down the road. the onlyreason they are expensive to maintain is cuz they can die hella easy in surgury and they need their wrinkles cleaned a lot. they have extremely sensativeskin.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

bullys
smokin.gif

heres my bully

downsized0614091449.jpg

Can you please elaborate? What additional costs are there raising bulldogs that you might not encounter with other breeds?

I been wanting to get a bulldog for awhile now, but I want to make sure its going to be a good fit for my new place.

How much space do they need?
In particular how much outdoor space do they need?
Do they struggle going up and down stairs?
I know you really shouldn't leave pups alone, but how are their personalities in general? If need be can they be by themselves for extended periods orwill they go apeskizz and just lose it?
For training do you have to use different tactics than you would with regular dogs? (my buddy was telling me that you should never hit a bully on the rearendbecause of its bad hips and also they dont respond to it at all. He said that the only form of physical reinforcement that bulldogs respond to is a hard knockon the skull. truth?)

The main problem my bullys get are usually in the folds of the face. Just make sure the folds stay clean ALL THE TIME. And sometimes get like anear infection. Pills took care of that.

They are a little expensive to maintain, but having a Bulldog around the house, is an experience everyone must experience a least once
happy.gif

Thanks for the info guys. When I was in high school, I had a friend who had a Bull dog. When he was a pup they would have him sleep in a large cage. I neverasked why that was, but I assumed it was for his own safety. Any insight on this?

Thanks for the info guys. When I was in high school, I had a friend who had a Bull dog. When he was a pup they would have him sleep in a large cage. I never asked why that was, but I assumed it was for his own safety. Any insight on this?
Crate training

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

bullys
smokin.gif

heres my bully

downsized0614091449.jpg

Can you please elaborate? What additional costs are there raising bulldogs that you might not encounter with other breeds?

I been wanting to get a bulldog for awhile now, but I want to make sure its going to be a good fit for my new place.

How much space do they need?
In particular how much outdoor space do they need?
Do they struggle going up and down stairs?
I know you really shouldn't leave pups alone, but how are their personalities in general? If need be can they be by themselves for extended periods or will they go apeskizz and just lose it?
For training do you have to use different tactics than you would with regular dogs? (my buddy was telling me that you should never hit a bully on the rearend because of its bad hips and also they dont respond to it at all. He said that the only form of physical reinforcement that bulldogs respond to is a hard knock on the skull. truth?)

one thing you cant do is leave them alone all the time cuz they are very sensative. they dont appreciate long flights of stairs. al they do is chill all day. they dont need the outdoors at all really. they arent very active. since they are so sensative, if you hit them at all they will remember and become bittertowards you for life.

^ damn... sounds like I gotta look at a different breed or build a doggy elevator at my new crib. sucks.

In the event I can build some sort of elevator contraption, one last question.

How is the hair situation. Do they shed a lot?

Back
Top Bottom