Post your TATS vol. inked for life

angie071001_560.jpg

We've all made mistakes, but erasing them hasn't always been easy. Not so long ago, the only options were barbaric andscarring: cutting out the offending tissue or sandblasting it off. Then, in 1963, Dr. Leon Goldman discovered the effective, yet still painful, erasingcapabilities of Q-switched lasers. It wasn't until the early nineties, though, that the technique made it into doctors' offices.

Q-switched lasers emit a quick and intense pulse of light that penetrates the skin, fragmenting ink into smaller particles that are then either removed bythe lymphatic system or eaten by tissue cells. Each pass of the laser removes roughly 20 percent of the ink, meaning multiple visits are necessary. Threecrystal types are mainly used now-ruby, garnet, and alexandrite-each tuned to different wavelengths and spot sizes. Here, the strengths and weaknesses ofeach.

Q-switched ruby: This laser works best on black, green, and blue inks, but it also breaks down melanin, causing temporary skin whitening,especially in people with darker skin tones. The bleaching effect tends to fade in a year or so.

Q-switched garnet: A green laser ideal for dark skin, as the wavelength isn't absorbed by melanin and won't bleach skin. Drawback:It's only effective on dark-blue and black inks. Adding a frequency-doubling crystal shortens the wavelength to better deal with red, orange, and purple,but this can cause the residual ink to turn black or blue for a few days, and can lighten skin.

Q-switched alexandrite: An infrared laser most effective on black, blue, and green inks. When used in conjunction with a pulse dyelaser-often used on its own to remove sun-damage spots-red inks can also be zapped.

Originally Posted by CJ863

Galvelocity wrote:
Got this today. Lonnnng story for the meaning that I won't bore you with
smile.gif

pimp.gif
Do tell... I insist...
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]can we get a shot zoomed out[/color]
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]But anyway did everybody make their on designs or did they have pics for their tats? been trynagetta cross done but cant figure out what design i want[/color]

I drew like 700 versions before I decided on what I liked and then took my favorite three to an artist who's portfolio I liked and then he drew it up and Iloved it

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

Honestly...

I dont know either...

But I didnt have a problem with it when I inspected it after my artist drew it out...

and nobody else seems to..

But ill laugh too
laugh.gif
dont sweat it. your ink still looks really good...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

I drew like 700 versions before I decided on what I liked and then took my favorite three to an artist who's portfolio I liked and then he drew it up and I loved it

i hope that isn't your long story.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I drew like 700 versions before I decided on what I liked and then took my favorite three to an artist who's portfolio I liked and then he drew it up and I loved it

Agreed.
frown.gif
eyes.gif

I want to add something to this piece, but I am undecided whether itshould be a small ship + decorative lines or a flower + decorative lines.

BTW, it looks much better now that it is fully healed, the shading has lightened, and those stupid chest pimples are gone.

Originally Posted by gsxrpaul

About 7 hours into my right arm sleeve, have about 6-8 hours left.

This is what was put on my forearm, got it for my daughter.

Nice choice for a tattoo..And here I thought I was getting something original when I got mine a year ago..

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Agreed.
frown.gif
eyes.gif
Of course not, don't be ridiculous. I was answering the question of dude who asked how we decided on designs. How could that possibly be astory about meaning? Sober up.

Originally Posted by casekicks

Nice choice for a tattoo..And here I thought I was getting something original when I got mine a year ago..
I think yours is sick, but definitely not unique. My dude has two of the foo dogs on his chest.

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

First tat I got.. Last year.. Its my last name

ri6p20.jpg

Second tat, last year aswell.. Angel wings and a date Ill never forget

rjjyxc.jpg

4gtcus.jpg

Just got this yesterday...

2zs72tk.jpg

My girl was trying to scare me saying I was going to cry
laugh.gif
.... But it didnt hurt at all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by casekicks

Originally Posted by gsxrpaul

About 7 hours into my right arm sleeve, have about 6-8 hours left.

This is what was put on my forearm, got it for my daughter.

both of yours are beautiful. asian influenced ink is some of my fave. its how you execute it and piece it together...

here is some of my fave asian ink. sorry for flooding, but i have a huge collection of tattoo pictures on my comp and these are some that ive collected overtime.

3565148045_e3293c4e70.jpg

3565148067_81cfdf4eeb.jpg

3565964322_543b15a536.jpg

3565964470_28b28385f0.jpg

3565964416_b99acddc0d.jpg

3565148223_8db47ff62c.jpg

3565148261_9f012db676.jpg

3565148325_810d9590ae.jpg

3565149151_2d5f824839.jpg

3565966766_eb5f0361bf.jpg

3565967280_e018305e03.jpg

(if any of this belongs to you people here, i wouldnt be surprised
pimp.gif
)

keep the tattoo thread going!

im getting 2 pieces in the future. =]

Originally Posted by samness20

Originally Posted by suge67

anyone know any good portrait artists in NYC??
Ive been looking at a few artist to get a portrait done as well after I finish my half sleeve
http://www.nyadorned.com/...ginia/gallery4.html#nogo
http://www.anilgupta.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm
eek.gif

and duke that did Joe Budden tat..he has some iight work

http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=l_e5c907cf4ad329bb90c670067c83696d.jpg
Hope this helps
wink.gif

good lookin out. Anil
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom