Post Your TV Setup / Blu-Ray collection

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by Bee GoT GaMe 23

Sheesh, OP if you had to guesstimate around how much you think you drop on your collection?

That's a lot of damn blu rays 

laugh.gif

Probably around Porsche money 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GOTONE

You will realize in a few years that all those Blu-Rays are a waste of money as they are a depreciating value, especially with a collection like that.

I have boxes and boxes, and boxes, of DVD's and I now regret buying so many.
Of course, basically every materialistic thing in a hobby depreciates. 

However, as of now, buying blu-rays isn't a waste of money until the next format takes place.  I don't think that 3D will be a household thing.  Blu-ray will stay in its place until a new format besides 3D comes out.  When that news comes out, I will eventually get rid of my blu-rays and move onto the next format. 

Also, some blu-rays have high resell value even if it's been watched/used, especially Criterions.

any recommendations on a dvd shelf? im looking for one but one that stands up vertical and doesn't take up much space... an all black one is what im looking for and it being cheap would help too... feel free to drop a link lol

Originally Posted by GOTONE

You will realize in a few years that all those Blu-Rays are a waste of money as they are a depreciating value, especially with a collection like that.

I have boxes and boxes, and boxes, of DVD's and I now regret buying so many.
Of course, basically every materialistic thing in a hobby depreciates. 

However, as of now, buying blu-rays isn't a waste of money until the next format takes place.  I don't think that 3D will be a household thing.  Blu-ray will stay in its place until a new format besides 3D comes out.  When that news comes out, I will eventually get rid of my blu-rays and move onto the next format. 

Also, some blu-rays have high resell value even if it's been watched/used, especially Criterions.

any recommendations on a dvd shelf? im looking for one but one that stands up vertical and doesn't take up much space... an all black one is what im looking for and it being cheap would help too... feel free to drop a link lol

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Do you guys still purchase blu-rays of DVDs that you have purchased in the past? I have like 10-15 Blu-Rays but I will never drop more money to cop a Blu-Ray of a movie I already own on DVD..doesn't make sense to me when all blu-ray players can convert them to 1080p

Oh and do you guys pay retail for all of them?

I don't repurchase movies I already I have on DVD unless they're $10 or lower. I will break this rule if I really @$+@*@+ love the movie and need to rewatch in HD ie. Back to the Future trilogy.
And hell no I don't pay MSRP for them, you can usually get new releases for $19.99 or a little more if you keep up to date on the latest deals. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at the thought of going to Best Buy and dropping $40 on something like Scott Pilgrim. 
alien.gif
Where I live almost every single new release Blu Ray is $19.99 (at Best Buy) on the Tuesday that it drops, unless you're one of those dudes who gets the 3 disc extended edition with features you'll never watch for $34.99 

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Do you guys still purchase blu-rays of DVDs that you have purchased in the past? I have like 10-15 Blu-Rays but I will never drop more money to cop a Blu-Ray of a movie I already own on DVD..doesn't make sense to me when all blu-ray players can convert them to 1080p

Oh and do you guys pay retail for all of them?

I don't repurchase movies I already I have on DVD unless they're $10 or lower. I will break this rule if I really @$+@*@+ love the movie and need to rewatch in HD ie. Back to the Future trilogy.
And hell no I don't pay MSRP for them, you can usually get new releases for $19.99 or a little more if you keep up to date on the latest deals. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at the thought of going to Best Buy and dropping $40 on something like Scott Pilgrim. 
alien.gif
Where I live almost every single new release Blu Ray is $19.99 (at Best Buy) on the Tuesday that it drops, unless you're one of those dudes who gets the 3 disc extended edition with features you'll never watch for $34.99 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

The best time to purchase is the first week of release.  Social Network was around $16.99 on the first week.  But there are times when there's a price difference a week or two after.  Dances With Wolves was $14.99 w/coupon first week, but next week it was $9.99 w/coupon.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

The best time to purchase is the first week of release.  Social Network was around $16.99 on the first week.  But there are times when there's a price difference a week or two after.  Dances With Wolves was $14.99 w/coupon first week, but next week it was $9.99 w/coupon.

Damn, you guys make me feel bad.

I'm seriously changing up my setup this weekend.

I've been looking for a good deal on a TV, but I don't know much about TVs.

Damn, you guys make me feel bad.

I'm seriously changing up my setup this weekend.

I've been looking for a good deal on a TV, but I don't know much about TVs.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

damn, nice blu ray collection. don't think I'd ever drop that much.

sneak peek:

21alh5g.jpg

Windows Media Center?
Would you mind sending me this theme?

Originally Posted by RawSheed

damn, nice blu ray collection. don't think I'd ever drop that much.

sneak peek:

21alh5g.jpg

Windows Media Center?
Would you mind sending me this theme?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

So I take it that IKEA is the best place to get setups like this?

Or is there anywhere else?

Yea, I would try Ikea as well as Target (in the electronics section) or Best Buy. 

Yea, I would try Ikea as well as Target (in the electronics section) or Best Buy. 

Originally Posted by GeraldPoseyIII

And as far as good brands for TVs? I know Samsung is probably the best one, but what TVs should I look into/stay away from. Sorry, I'm new to this.

And as far as good brands for TVs? I know Samsung is probably the best one, but what TVs should I look into/stay away from. Sorry, I'm new to this.

samsung's are usually a safe bet but some models can be problematic.  post your budget and size/features you want so people can make recommendations.

samsung's are usually a safe bet but some models can be problematic.  post your budget and size/features you want so people can make recommendations.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

MY LIVING ROOM SET-UP, THINKING ABOUT GETTING A WALL UNIT, BUT I LIKE THE CLEAN LOOK...IDK, OP VERY IMPRESIVE COLLECTION BRO
5403889094_08c5895e64_b.jpg

42 INCH PHILLIPS WITH AMBIENT LIGHTS
smokin.gif

5403889394_37801350dc_b.jpg

5403889632_d1c4650a27_b.jpg

mostly DVD's, not up on that blu-ray steez yet...
5403890602_0504cbdba2_b.jpg

NIKETLK
5403888778_44c6e856c2_b.jpg
why do people take pics with this effect it supposed to make it cooler?

Back
Top Bottom